PDA

View Full Version : Quick set of questions.

MrFortegunner
Jun 16, 2012, 02:28 AM
Sorry, played closed beta, and I know japanese relatively quite well (only know around 1000 kanji though...and not useful ones), but I couldn't for the life of me figure out these things, so someone please just put me out of my misery and answer the following questions real quick. Thankz.

How in the heck do you get a mag and find the mag menu? T~T

Do we have any base AC given to us? For both the Pre-beta and real open beta. Or do we just start out with 0 AC?

What are the shining lights that keep coming out above us and shining down every now and then?

Are jellen shot, panic shot, and stun grenade the only launcher shots? And are these shots passive shots that have a chance of activating every shot?

How do you do that super cool thing where the weakpoints come out an a boss/enemy with the rifle. Is it by shooting in a certain place? Does it need "Weak Hit" or "Weak Bullet Advance 1/2"?

Are R-atk up and Ability up skills not worth it later on, because they only add a set constant amount to your damage which may become insignificant later on, as opposed to increasing it by a percentage that's always relevant?

Sorry, this turned into just a huge bonanza of questions I had >.<. I guess this thread can just become a general questions/FAQ thread....

Thankz <3.

Mike
Jun 16, 2012, 02:34 AM
How in the heck do you get a mag and find the mag menu? T~T

Get a mag by doing the client order that becomes available at level 5. Use "Y" on the keyboard to open up your mag menu automatically.

Do we have any base AC given to us? For both the Pre-beta and real open beta. Or do we just start out with 0 AC?
No AC for the pre-open beta.

What are the shining lights that keep coming out above us and shining down every now and then?
PSEs. They do things like boost exp, meseta gain, elements, etc.

Are jellen shot, panic shot, and stun grenade the only launcher shots? And are these shots passive shots that have a chance of activating every shot?
Stun grenade is an item, I think, but other two are active abilities. You activate them and they always cause their effects provided you hit an enemy.

How do you do that super cool thing where the weakpoints come out an a boss/enemy with the rifle. Is it by shooting in a certain place? Does it need "Weak Hit" or "Weak Bullet Advance 1/2"?
You need the Weak Bullet skill. It's not deep in the ranger tree but you need a fair number of points invested in pre-reqs.

Are R-atk up and Ability up skills not worth it later on, because they only add a set constant amount to your damage which may become insignificant later on, as opposed to increasing it by a percentage that's always relevant?
The alphas and betas have been capped at level 20 so it's hard to say.

MrFortegunner
Jun 16, 2012, 02:42 AM
Thank you soooo much! Just to make sure fully though.... Will we be given a base amount of AC for the regular open beta? Or for the full game?

And ummm...about that PSE thing.... Is there any way to effectively make that light come? And when it comes, is there any way to effectively use it? eg: you have to start killing monsters really quickly when getting those lights or else the effect wears off. And finally, how do those lights correlate to getting the PSE burst...?

Sorry for all the questions >.<. Thanks a lot!

Mike
Jun 16, 2012, 02:47 AM
Will we be given a base amount of AC for the regular open beta? Or for the full game?
I doubt it. AC is the currency you need to buy with real money and Sega is not going to want to give something away that they plan to sell to you later.

Is there any way to effectively make that light come? And when it comes, is there any way to effectively use it? eg: you have to start killing monsters really quickly when getting those lights or else the effect wears off. And finally, how do those lights correlate to getting the PSE burst...?
I'm not sure. The graphs and charts and other funky stuff that happens on the top part of your screen are supposedly PSE predictors. For a PSE Burst, you'll have to kill enemies fairly quickly to get it to happen but PSEs just kind of happen. They all wear off after a time though.

MrFortegunner
Jun 16, 2012, 02:50 AM
Another big thanks <3.