PDA

View Full Version : I am dissapointed with the areas.

Agitated_AT
Jun 16, 2012, 02:43 AM
This was my reaction after doing the desert area yesterday. I feel all the areas in PSO2 feel a little bland. It's like 1 area of the same thing. Okay you may have some stairs, some little mechanical road but overall the game needs alot more "unique" parts in each area. Just a little example, they could have made you go inside a mechanical base in the desert area, but no you're just runnign around a desert. Nothing unique that accompanies each theme in the game. The forest is literally a forest, the cave is literally a cave, the city is just literally a city. It just feels so bland each and every time.

If this is the result of random generated areas, then I am dissapointed with the result really.

Don't get me wrong. I friggin love the game, but this is ruining the experience for me.

I have a few other gripes, but I wonder what you all think about this

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2012, 02:43 AM
Why did you mention Sonic?

Agitated_AT
Jun 16, 2012, 02:45 AM
Lol, corrected. I was watching a little clip while writing that

Nitro Vordex
Jun 16, 2012, 03:13 AM
The forest is a forest? Imagine the fuck out of that.

I don't feel like there needs to be super dynamics in every area. I'm pretty sure they've just found the planets they're on anyway, right? And even if they aren't, they're probably going through the wilder parts of the places.

Also, BETA. Give 'em a break. They'll add areas and missions and weapons and tons of other fun stuff, once they're happy that the game itself plays well.

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 16, 2012, 03:20 AM
My main issue is everything I did felt so linear and almost claustrophobic, nothing but narrow hall attached to narrow hall. Hopefully later missions are a bit more open

Chik'Tikka
Jun 16, 2012, 03:23 AM
My main issue is everything I did felt so linear and almost claustrophobic, nothing but narrow hall attached to narrow hall. Hopefully later missions are a bit more open

compared to 360 PSU, PSO2 beta is as free roaming as GTA+^_^+

NoiseHERO
Jun 16, 2012, 03:27 AM
PSO is like running the same mario 64 level over and over

PSU is like "EVERYTHING LOOKS THE SAME"

PSO2 is an improvement over both if you ask me. You'll be fine when more areas come out.

Besides I'm loving how big and open the end multiparty fields are. You can just kill and and run around in them for hours.

FerrPSO
Jun 16, 2012, 03:28 AM
Also, BETA. Give 'em a break. They'll add areas and missions and weapons and tons of other fun stuff, once they're happy that the game itself plays well.

The game is pretty much done. They're not gonna change major things because it will delay the game too much.

When an online game enters in Open beta phase it means that the game is finished, and they test everything is OK to make the final release.

About the topic, I kind of agree. I dont care about the visual part, but atleast the layouts needs more work

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 16, 2012, 03:29 AM
Besides I'm loving how big and open the end multiparty fields are. You can just kill and and run around in them for hours.

This sounds like a solution to my problem

Blackheart521
Jun 16, 2012, 03:55 AM
The game is pretty much done. They're not gonna change major things because it will delay the game too much.

When an online game enters in Open beta phase it means that the game is finished, and they test everything is OK to make the final release.

But that doesn't matter in an MMO, even after launch things are constantly being added, patches that add more missions and areas can add this kind of map type even after release, MMOs are so open-ended this kind of thing can be implemented at any time.

MoonlightMyau
Jun 16, 2012, 04:51 AM
This was my reaction after doing the desert area yesterday. I feel all the areas in PSO2 feel a little bland. It's like 1 area of the same thing. Okay you may have some stairs, some little mechanical road but overall the game needs alot more "unique" parts in each area. Just a little example, they could have made you go inside a mechanical base in the desert area, but no you're just runnign around a desert. Nothing unique that accompanies each theme in the game. The forest is literally a forest, the cave is literally a cave, the city is just literally a city. It just feels so bland each and every time.

If this is the result of random generated areas, then I am dissapointed with the result really.

Don't get me wrong. I friggin love the game, but this is ruining the experience for me.

I have a few other gripes, but I wonder what you all think about this

I was quite impressed by the areas. I was surprised at just how "open" it all was. I was pleased that it kept the "Phantasy Star" look and feel but that it's also in step with what other modern RPG's are doing.

So I quite like that the forest is literally a forest, but it's a forest I can jump (jump!!!!) around in and explore for a long time if I chose. As oppose to running a 15 minute mission over and over again (which was great 10 years ago).