PDA

View Full Version : Control Remapping guide+^_^+

Chik'Tikka
Jun 16, 2012, 04:14 AM
so i wen up and down http://bumped.org/psublog/ looking for a guide to remap controls on my 360 pad, but i couldn't find anything, i looked through PSOW as well and didn't see anything, so i ask, does anyone have a guide to remap controls on a 360 pad? i want attack on right trigger, roll on A, and jump on X+^_^+ if anyone can help me, I'd be much obliged!! +^_^+

Drifting Fable
Jun 16, 2012, 04:30 AM
I'd take pictures if I could (unless I'm allowed to access menu options while the servers aren't up)

But when you open up the options menu, click the second option from the top of the list and 5 areas should drop down. I think its either the second or the third of those 5 you need the click. What you should get is a list of all your actions and what button's they are mapped to. So if you're getting a window that's asking you to configure your stick, that's not the area where remapping happens and you need to go back and choose a different menu from the 5.

From there you pretty much click the blue button corresponding with the button you want to change. So by default, regular attacking is X, find where X is, click the blue square button, then press right trigger to swap the two 360 buttons. Now right trigger is attacking.

You'll have to experiment on what does what and swap them around.

Does this help in anyway?

FrostNova
Jun 16, 2012, 04:49 AM
You might want to give external gamepad programs a try saves you some time.
DS3 Tool works perfectly for me also easy to configure.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 16, 2012, 04:59 AM
thanks all, I'll try some of the stuff you all said+^_^+

DTwO
Jun 16, 2012, 05:00 AM
There was a post i came upon in pso world by doing a google search,someone mentioned it.Doesnt matter,this nice gentlemen above me said how.

Im glad the controls are very similar to xbox psu ^^

Angelo
Jun 16, 2012, 06:16 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the joysticks not working?

All of the buttons work perfectly, but the joysticks just do not work for me.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 16, 2012, 06:40 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the joysticks not working?

All of the buttons work perfectly, but the joysticks just do not work for me.

Having the same problem. Buttons work fine but I cannot move with the pad.
I use a Logitech pad, not a 360 pad. I've tried to calibrate it but it only seems to recognize left and in the second screen, up movements.

I'm currently trying to play with keyboard controls but it's really hard to get into.

Angelo
Jun 16, 2012, 07:03 AM
Having the same problem. Buttons work fine but I cannot move with the pad.
I use a Logitech pad, not a 360 pad. I've tried to calibrate it but it only seems to recognize left and in the second screen, up movements.

I'm currently trying to play with keyboard controls but it's really hard to get into.

If you're trying to play a HU with a keyboard you might as well just be wearing oven mitts.

Disa
Jun 16, 2012, 07:07 AM
I'm using a Logitech controller with no issues. Make sure that your mode button (or analog/digital button) isn't toggled in the wrong way. If I hit my mode button by accident I can't use joysticks either.

Anyone happen to know the location for reversing the Y axis camera? Thanks in advance.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 16, 2012, 08:08 AM
I've tried mode button on and off, makes no difference - well it does since I can then use the analog sticks as digital input but I cannot control the character either way...

Drifting Fable
Jun 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
I ran into that problem once. You'll have to re configure your controler

Follow my earlier instuction but hit the second option.

You should get prompt about moving the contoler stick up and pressing b. then the next window will ask you to move left and press b. the third window will ask for you to move the right stick up and then b. And then the left prompt again after this your stick axies should be working.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
It worked. When trying before I left the menu with the very right button, but you have to use the very left button to keep the changes. I still had some problems with the right stick, it worked the camera but left and right also triggered some buttons. But that's just something to sort out once the beta arrives.

Angelo
Jun 16, 2012, 06:15 PM
Finally got my joysticks working last ngiht. Just did the recalibration thing in the options menu.

Works smooth now.