PDA

View Full Version : Problems I'm having so far

Egner
Jun 16, 2012, 06:14 AM
Well I've had 2 main problems so far that have been driving me literally insane.

1. For some reason I can not, for the life of me, change the fullscreen mode. I'm almost 100% positive you change that where you find screen resolution, and no matter which option I have it at, 1st 2nd or 3rd, it is still forcing me into fullscreen, nothing I feel I can do about it which is just making me mad.

2. For no reason at all, I'm being told I'm having a DNS error (Error 230) and I have already troubleshooted resetting my Modem/Router, and flushing out my DNS. Still nothing.

If anyone has any info on these two problems at all...Please inform me on how to fix them, otherwise I'm pretty much screwed -.-

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 16, 2012, 06:21 AM
1. option 1 is windowsed mode, you have to select what res you want that windows to be in.

2. use googles DNS, I have no connection issues with them, they are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Pat1487
Jun 16, 2012, 06:37 AM
I had exactly the same problems you have
I fixed the first one but not the second

The problem i had with the first one is that the 3 settings that are supposed to switch between fullscreen virtual fullscreen and window didnt actually do anything in the settings (even after saving it)
I couldnt fix it so that the buttons worked so i went into Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 and opened user_beta.pso2 with notepad to change the settings manually

As for the second one, error 230, i still havent been able to fix it
I tried using several different DNS servers (including google's) but none of them work
I tried resetting router and computer, didnt work
I tried ipconfig /flushdns, didnt work

As far as i can tell my game isnt even trying to connect to the internet
I disconnected my internet after starting the game (during the intro movies) and it behaves exactly the same as if internet was still connected, it even loads the ship list which makes no sense

In addition to those problems i also have no sound in the intro movies, and the game doesnt show up in task manager as a running process