PDA

View Full Version : Will the English patch work for open beta?

Coatl
Jun 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Having everything in japanese was a lot less tolerable than I thought it would be in Pro-Open beta.

Will the English patch work for Open beta or will it not work the same it doesn't in Pre-Open?

Zaix
Jun 16, 2012, 12:36 PM
Will it work? No.
Will the new one work? Yes.

Just have to wait until a certain few people from a certain site gets things figured out since all the data got shuffled around since CBT.

Cavistus
Jun 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
wait until the people from a certain site update the patch. if you use the current one, it clears all the text in the game rather than translating it.

Coatl
Jun 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
I don't actually believe there is anything behind that censored block..

Thanks for the replies.

Cavistus
Jun 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
I don't actually believe there is anything behind that censored block..

Thanks for the replies.

highlight it by holding the mouse down...

LatinWolf
Jun 16, 2012, 02:03 PM
as far as just playing the game; equipping weapons and armor, feeding your mag, using monomates, etc the jp wasn't much of a bother. However, in terms of managing chat, adding friends, and playing around with the settings; yes English was very much missed

Ifrian-x
Jun 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
as far as just playing the game; equipping weapons and armor, feeding your mag, using monomates, etc the jp wasn't much of a bother. However, in terms of managing chat, adding friends, and playing around with the settings; yes English was very much missed

My feelings exactly, not to count i was missing most of the story in the story quests xD

I did understand like half of it due to the absurd amounts of anime i watched in the last 10 years so i got the general idea ( i think ) but i would like to be able to understand everything xD

MAXrobo
Jun 16, 2012, 02:08 PM
I tried to friend some people I met, but quickly realized i had no idea how too ^^;

Jana
Jun 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
The worst past for me was when someone who didn't speak English joined my party and I couldn't figure out how to use party chat to ask them if they spoke English while in a multiparty area.

I got like 5 responses in Japanese. :V

MoonlightMyau
Jun 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
The worst past for me was when someone who didn't speak English joined my party and I couldn't figure out how to use party chat to ask them if they spoke English while in a multiparty area.

I got like 5 responses in Japanese. :V

I had a similar problem & for some reason no matter what I typed in, when I hit send it came up in Japanese. Was a bit taxing.

It wouldn't be so bad if the Japanese text was a bit bigger, is there a way to do that does anyone know?

njdss4
Jun 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
From what I've read, the guys who made the English patch are working on updating it so it'll be compatible with Open Beta, but it's not ready yet. I hope it won't take too long, because like the OP said, it was a lot less tolerable than I thought it'd be. Trying to navigate menus from memory of CB was not fun. People were accidentally blacklisting me when trying to invite me and whatnot.

HFlowen
Jun 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
I got around okay in the pre-open despite having not played the other betas/alphas. There were plenty of things I didn't quite grasp though, I didn't figure out how to grind something until the last hour today.

Knowing what the shops, items, and menus say would be incredible. Story/NPC convos I don't care about and would probably take forever to translate anyway.