PDA

View Full Version : weapon preference polls awwright

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
even if you don't like 2h sword i know deep down you do you just haven't realized it yet and that's ok shhhhhhhh its ok you'll come to love swords soon enough shhhhh its all going to be all right

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2012, 08:36 PM
Well, make a poll then, goddamn it.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
sorry mayn it took me a while to type out the poll

btw i figured out what 8008's stood for like 4 days ago and i am ashamed of myself that it took that long.

FenixStryk
Jun 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
Partisan, Launcher, Talis. I use more than these three, but they are the ones I'd say define their class due to current PA/Tech balance.

buri-chan
Jun 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Wired Lance. Nothing says group control like tons of knock-downs, long distance and wide range. Most times the enemy never even has a chance to attack.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
Wired Lance. Nothing says group control like tons of knock-downs, long distance and wide range. Most times the enemy never even has a chance to attack.

all i do is the tornado spin man its pretty funny. i wish you could still hit multiple targets on a boss, wired lance would be so broken man

buri-chan
Jun 16, 2012, 08:49 PM
Well, I'm okay with the Wired Lance not being good for bosses. Feels fair, considering how easy it makes everything else.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
Well, I'm okay with the Wired Lance not being good for bosses. Feels fair, considering how easy it makes everything else.

i have to admit, if you could ninja kakashi sensei taijutsu suplex a boss with that one grab move i think wired lance would be my mistress i love almost as much as mai waifu 2h sword

Digs
Jun 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
Talis and Partisan for me.
Didn't use the Talis style weapons too long after I gave up on FO because of the wipe.
Switching to my HU class the partisan really hit the spot, they were fast and powerful, allowed me to hit multiple targets and didn't hold me down when I needed to dodge. I'm happy with it.

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2012, 08:54 PM
btw i figured out what 8008's stood for like 4 days ago and i am ashamed of myself that it took that long.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr_Rpk9HR1g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr_Rpk9HR1g[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyway, I voted Wire Lance. I love the area damage they can put out in large groups of enemies, but they aren't too great for bosses (unless you know how to throw smaller enemies into them, which I got sort of good at).

Blackheart521
I'm waiting on normal sabers but not holding my breath, other than that I'm waiting on daggers which I'll probably main with, but right now I voted for 2h swords, though I used wired lances alot in the POBT, I can't stop loving the sword's Rising Edge and Cruel Throw PAs ^^

soulpimpwizzurd
Talis and Partisan for me.
Didn't use the Talis style weapons too long after I gave up on FO because of the wipe.
Switching to my HU class the partisan really hit the spot, they were fast and powerful, allowed me to hit multiple targets and didn't hold me down when I needed to dodge. I'm happy with it.

you got my kawaii waifu there, she's pretty fat when i wanna move fast. i'll admit i quick change to partisan so i can dodge faster if the situation demands it. that "something trick" pa is pretty broken too, attack boss weak points all day NP, nothing is out of reach

Zedoshi
Jun 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
I was hoping for a list of weapons that are out.

Think somebody could put them in, you know....English.

CelestialBlade
Jun 16, 2012, 08:57 PM
All Partisan, all the time. Totally waiting on Double Sabers, Twin Daggers, and Knuckles though.

Coatl
Jun 16, 2012, 08:59 PM
All you 2h big sword wannabees.. =.=

Cyclon
Jun 16, 2012, 09:05 PM
Voted W.lances. I particularly love the boot to the head pa, and the ninja death drop is awesome too. Liked 2h swords as well, and rifle all the way when ranger-ing.

NoiseHERO
Jun 16, 2012, 09:06 PM
KNUCKLES GRGAJJDJLD SHUT UP DEL!

Digs
Jun 16, 2012, 09:06 PM
you got my kawaii waifu there, she's pretty fat when i wanna move fast. i'll admit i quick change to partisan so i can dodge faster if the situation demands it. that "something trick" pa is pretty broken too, attack boss weak points all day NP, nothing is out of reach
Did you mean fat or fast? 'Cause fat makes puts that whole post in another light. ;p
I didn't get to play too much with the PA's until half way through today when I noticed they were actually useful thanks to my partisan.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
All you 2h big sword wannabees.. =.=

we got a jokester here keke

Blackheart521
Jun 16, 2012, 09:09 PM
I didn't get to play too much with the PA's until half way through today when I noticed they were actually useful thanks to my partisan.

Whaaa? PAs are useful always, not just for partisans and... and they look flashy and cool too ^^;

HFlowen
Jun 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
I only played around with hunter (and ranger for about a minute before I realised how awful aiming with my ps3 controller was), but my favorite is the partisan. Good PA selection, multiple target tagging, and speedy as heck.

Plus I love twirling it.

imrevned
Jun 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Wired Lance! >:D

Digs
Jun 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Whaaa? PAs are useful always, not just for partisans and... and they look flashy and cool too ^^;
Oh no, I agree, I just didn't notice how useful they were until I found a few disks for my partisan.
I spent a good twenty minutes in the Forest riding a Launcher after I found out about PA's.

Wayu
Jun 16, 2012, 09:13 PM
Wired Lance. No twin daggers, so went with this. Partisans are faster, but I don't like the look of most of them (exception is Alba Partisan).

Plus, I just find the Lances more useful, against bosses and mobs.

-Wayu

Randomness
Jun 16, 2012, 10:14 PM
Talis. So good with Razonde.

Siatome
Jun 16, 2012, 10:23 PM
I was really feelin rifles, it just felt like it was supposed to be the go to RA wep, but it's damage got outclassed so fast by everything I found! I'm hoping it was just bad luck on finding upgrades but dang when I picked up that sweet yellow gunslash? (the one that looks more like a gun than a saber) That was like all I used! Gunslash just makes you so maneuverable and the close range panic button PAs do significant damage and make you feel a lot more active!

Don't get me wrong I am very glad gunslash doesn't suck! I'm just really hoping for a general boost to rifle damage or the addition of a bolt action style long rifle or sniper, something stylish and rangery that can really put the damage up there vs. single target.

Zedoshi
Jun 16, 2012, 10:26 PM
I found a polearm about an hour before beta closed this morning. It had a different regular attack than Partisan, and I didn't have any skills.

Somebody tell me I'm not crazy. (Or just ignore me to talk about 2H swords. Both are equally productive and encouraged.)

KaoPyro
Jun 16, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hunter gunblade (hate the name "gunslash") all the way. there is no replacement for blowing up a grenade in your enemies face with your own bullet.

Blackheart521
Jun 16, 2012, 10:39 PM
I found a polearm about an hour before beta closed this morning. It had a different regular attack than Partisan, and I didn't have any skills.

Somebody tell me I'm not crazy. (Or just ignore me to talk about 2H swords. Both are equally productive and encouraged.)

could've been the yellow axe looking rare that was also in CB, it was considered a sword but looked axe like, though you should have still known the starting sword PA to use with it at the very least

skuld01
Jun 16, 2012, 11:08 PM
135cm tall neweral here and I am gonna swing my 2h sword.

Who care about stat :p, Let me grab 3 VolDragon soul enchanted unit and I will have 90 extra STR.

If there's a 2h hammer I will go for it.

goldwing
Jun 16, 2012, 11:13 PM
I'm waiting on normal sabers but not holding my breath, other than that I'm waiting on daggers which I'll probably main with

i to will be useing daggers as my main in the mean time i use wired lances and nothing else. i plan on daggers then lances as my second tho im hoping i dont fall in love with lances so much that i cant break away and get with the ones i love so much... ill wait till the end of time for my daggers

imarafan
Jun 16, 2012, 11:22 PM
I always loved 2H Swords, they hold a special place in my heart, but as far as the test went I saw myself using more and more of the partisans (despite only having 1 PA for it)... Near the end I switched back to the sword, but I'll go with partisan for being awesome/useful without holding any sentimental value.

I'd also love to say Talis (the mere idea of the weapon is awesome) but I didn't get to try them.

Wayu
Jun 16, 2012, 11:22 PM
could've been the yellow axe looking rare that was also in CB, it was considered a sword but looked axe like, though you should have still known the starting sword PA to use with it at the very least

It's the Berdys, the yellow partisan that looks more like a polearm.

-Wayu

Arande
Jun 16, 2012, 11:33 PM
Loved rifles the most, albeit they bring up an issue with how are other guns going to compare with it's versatility, such as machinegun vs rifles rapid fire PA, or shotguns vs rifles spread shot one, albeit those two were in videos/spoken about, not actually in yet. Oh that snipe PA, gotta love it.

Can't really say much about the HU weapons since I tend to favor small arms. wtb daggers and claws

And oh jeez, I hope I am not the only one that thought "it's time to duel!" when I first played with talis. Love the casting mechanic on it though, shame you cant keep it charged after a mirage escape.

MAXrobo
Jun 17, 2012, 12:24 AM
I switch classes alot and got to mess around with everything so for my CAST my favorites were

hunter- partisan (though the gear is pretty useless, because of the spinning i can dash cancle at anytime, and dont have to wait for the end of the swing.)
Ranger (fav class)- launcher (even with it being nerfed, its just too much fun to shoot things with ^^)
Force- rod (im a cast... a FOcast, my melee does more damage then my techs...)

D-Inferno
Jun 17, 2012, 12:30 AM
Partisan, Launcher, Rod.

Neirene
Jun 17, 2012, 01:29 AM
In PSO I was always a partisan user, but it's even better in PSO2 i had so much fun with it and specially doing combinations with the wired lance too, those two weapons were my only ones !

Vylera
Jun 17, 2012, 01:50 AM
Haven't touched hunters yet, but as for ranger, rifle is my favorite.

Launchers just aren't worth it when rifles have a grenade launching skill that you can fire while moving.

Hoping to see the return of mechguns and a reworked shotgun.

Also hoping to see butterfly swords and dual blades for hunters, too.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 02:06 AM
wired lance is winning despite it's curious and frustrating gear gauge that seemingly does nothing

i will reeducate you poor souls yet!

BIG OLAF
Jun 17, 2012, 02:07 AM
wired lance is winning despite it's curious and frustrating gear gauge that seemingly does nothing

i will reeducate you poor souls yet!

I don't even know what a 'gear gauge' is, so that didn't really detract from my vote.

skuld01
Jun 17, 2012, 02:10 AM
Haven't touched hunters yet, but as for ranger, rifle is my favorite.

Launchers just aren't worth it when rifles have a grenade launching skill that you can fire while moving.

Hoping to see the return of mechguns and a reworked shotgun.

Also hoping to see butterfly swords and dual blades for hunters, too.

in Pre-OBT, Launcher's spread attack had been reduced, but I noticed that one of the PA got fixed or improved (The one you launch a bomb to the sky and it explode then spread explosives to the ground)

at Lvl2 PA and as lvl10 Ranger, that does like 400 damage on those birds fly around or those bugs. Also I notice the area of bombardment had been increased.

So Launcher is still my favorite, but I wont use it when solo.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 02:11 AM
I don't even know what a 'gear gauge' is, so that didn't really detract from my vote.

?! olaf how do you not know this man!? honestly it's the only reason i love my waifu so much. i am shallow but her gear gauge is so beautiful

it allows her to charge chargeable photon arts to max charge very quickly, and increases range/damage of regular photon arts very significantly (the one sword photon art where your character jumps and spins and then slams the ground with a shockwave AOE, it gets like 2 or 3 more shockwaves in a line following the first shockwave, it's quite stunning.) my love for her shines brightly when we dance into a 6 hit shoryuken that charges within 2 seconds!! <3333333

as for partisan it increases the range of all photon arts i'd say by 30% which is pretty good as well. it goes nicely with that rapid 6 hit wave attack, and the whirlwind attack.

but ?????????????? wired lance's gear gauge :(. i just donno man. i think all it does is increase damage (not even by a super big amount) but it doesn't seem to effect the skills visually or by range very much if at all. only benefit i guess is how it's the most passively easiest to build (you just hit stuff and it builds, never depletes unless you use a photon art. partisan = you have to "twirl", or do a super mundane twirling animation after a regular attack, that charges the gear gauge for one slot, or shield for like 2 - 3 seconds. sword gear gauge works like a super sensitive combo meter, the more you continuously attack monsters, the higher it builds, however it depletes very quickly so it is difficult to use, but arguably has some of the best effects out of all the gear gauge due to the difficulty of maintaining it. sword gear gauge encourages in a sense a high risk high reward game play style, because you have to be constantly in the face of enemies doing damage in order to maintain it)

Blackheart521
Jun 17, 2012, 02:13 AM

there's skills in the hunter tree that give you a gauge for their respective weapons that once you unlock you fill up in different ways depending on which weapon and it gives you bonuses, like with the sword charge up PAs take like half a second to fully charge with a maxed out gauge... they basically define your specialization in a weapon ^^

Edit: ninja'd

~Inu~
Jun 17, 2012, 02:18 AM
It's really a hard pick for me. From a MELEE point of view:

I'm a big fan of the Partisan. Why? Awesome block animation, and the spinny kicky plunge stab arte.
Wired Lance is probably not far behind mainly because of how much damage it does on small enemies. Great for trash. Gunblade? I LOVE the gunblade but it can't block. My only complaint.

My favorite pick would have to be the Partisan.
Edit: I might hold my opinion a bit for when Twin/Double blades start showing up into the game.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 02:38 AM
I'm a big fan of the Partisan. Why? Awesome block animation, and the spinny kicky plunge stab arte.

cheeze bro get skillz that spinny kicky plunge stab PA is mega broken, hit boss weakpoints all day np only takes 30 PP too so it's spammable what a scrub

jk man i'll admit i like it a lot. the best part is how you can fly away into the sky if you cancel the PA by blocking right when you do the "jumping" part of that PA, and cast it again, and again. loool. you go so high man

Vylera
Jun 17, 2012, 02:49 AM
My favorite pick would have to be the Partisan.

The reason why I never felt the need to make a hunter in PSO1 was because I could use partisans on my ranger.

But now that they really split the weapons up so that classes are more specialized, I'm going to be making both, and I have no complaints about that.

Partisans look like crazy fun now.

sugarFO
Jun 17, 2012, 02:50 AM
I love the rods/staves whatever they are. They're so cute.

Lumir
Jun 17, 2012, 03:12 AM
If rare items have unique abilities they have my vote.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2012, 05:21 AM
I WANT SHOTGUNSSSS!!! Lolkay thanks

But from what we have i really enjoy he rifle and grenade launcher both equally and the most :)

serenade
Jun 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hunter - Wired Lance
Ranger - Rifle
Force - Talis

Enforcer MKV
Jun 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
KNUCKLES GRGAJJDJLD SHUT UP DEL!

Right there with ya, man. (Even if I am a Ranger. ^^;)

Still waiting on those Knuckles, Sega.

I'm ready to Rock some fools!

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 11:58 AM
I voted Partisan. The sword is way to slow for me. I usually prefer smaller faster weapons. I like Wired lances in certain groups of enemies and I like the gunslash at certain points on bosses actually. I'll whip out the sword when a boss is temporarily disabled to deal damage though.

I didn't play force enough since Alpha 2 so I only have experience with the rod.

Launchers are OP so I don't use them much as a ranger except in big groups. I like the assault rifle though. I just want a slightly stronger weapon that's not quite the launcher.

Lighthero
Jun 17, 2012, 01:03 PM
My vote goes to the final one. Because I like using the 2h sword as an alternative for the lack of weapon types. I actually prefer the double sabers or daggers myself. I look forward in seeing more weapon types around. I don't really like swinging a huge sword around with a little android girl. It's a bit too slow, but I guess it does the job.

Ranger...well, haven't really used a ranger but I suppose the launcher is really nice. For a force, I am loving the talis. For me, there is nothing better than that, even if I have to lose some strength. It's perfect for a newman to safely support and deal good damage. I did like PSU's type of weapons for a force, I hope SEGA will give PSO2 something similair, so that forces stay like epic forces should.

Randomness
Jun 17, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hunter - Wired Lance
Ranger - Rifle
Force - Talis

Haha, yeah, my favorite hunter weapon is also the lance. It's just too much fun killing enemies with other enemies. Not to mention it's so useful to keep one locked down in a semi-permanent CC.

Pyrii
Jun 17, 2012, 01:13 PM
I like my big cannon. Jump up in the air and make explosions that would make Tim the Enchanter proud :3

EDIT: To those that say Cannon is OP. Yes it does lots of dmg, but there are many caveats that require some skill to overcome, the Desert Area made many of those caveats apparent, like being a sitting duck for enemy fire. Fast enemies are hard to hit, especially fast mid-air enemies, the auto-lock doesn't do fire-ahead and alt-fire doesn't pan fast enough to do so manually. So timing of shots is important and understanding enemy movement. Gulf/Fongulf are good examples of this early in the game.

If you get used to the timing, learn to funnel enemies when you get surrounded and keep your eye out for being flanked. The dmg you can do is pretty major.

KunoMochi
Jun 17, 2012, 01:43 PM
I've always been a fan of 2-handed swords, and also making characters that are adept at swordplay and basic magic.

But curiously enough, I don't like the really huge swords; just the ones that look more practical and usable than one that looks more like a decoration.

Probably why I loved swinging around the 2-handed sword I got in PSO2 that was more slender than the one that came with a Hunter class by default. XP It felt more natural when watching the character swing that sword around.

Tag_Dog
Jun 18, 2012, 01:04 AM
I miss the twin saber, double smg, shotgun, and long rifle. The variety of weapon types was what made phantasy star online awesome.

Alucard V
Jun 19, 2012, 05:55 AM
I miss Twin Handguns/Mech Guns already. T-T

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 06:24 AM
I miss Twin Handguns/Mech Guns already. T-T

This +1

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
I really just want a long rifle (as opposed to the assault rifle, though I'm mostly just looking for what the original PSO called "rifle"). Basically something that does high damage to single targets accurately at long range. Ideally both the main attack and PAs would move much faster than launcher attacks, and a little faster than Assault Rifles too. To balance it out, it can have very few PAs that hit multiple enemies, fire slowly, and/or lack mobility when firing.

On the other hand, as described it would basically be a launcher without AoE in terms of use and a lot like an assault rifle in terms of looks. I would also accept something like a bow or crossbow. The bow could have slower moving projectiles than I wanted for the rifle, but have a variety of attacks that are very slow and powerful, because they need to be charged up (i.e. "drawing" the bow). This could even include the basic attack, which could be shot immediately for low damage similar to a 3 shot AR burst while a full charge should be stronger than a launcher. That's all assuming that you have to stop in order to charge or even quick fire, if you can move while charging then the damage should be from a single AR hit to similar to launcher power. While I would slightly prefer the long rifle due to familiarity, the bow would be much more unique and offer a significant difference in gameplay from all other weapons, not just rangers... with the exception of maybe being too similar to Forces' techniques which are very weak uncharged, but powerful when fully charged. The inability to move while charging would distinguish it slightly if included (though Forces already move at slower speeds while charging) but maybe it's too similar.

To distinguish more, the crossbow could be basically the same thing only without the ability to quick fire: if you don't charge all the way then the damage is ZERO. Arguably you could just do the same thing and keep it a bow, but it makes more sense (to me) to have it be a crossbow if it works like that. In this case I would say making you stand still while charging would be unfair, and ideally you could move at full speed even when charging. Regardless of which concept, I want something that's not like the PSO mechgun (AR) or the Launcher (which I dislike for non-specific reasons). But I can deal.

I also would enjoy a shotgun, as long as they make it like ones in previous games that could get multiple hits on large enough/close enough enemies, as opposed to the shotgun PA for the rifle which is basically just really easy to aim (nice to use against flying enemies if you usually stay in shooter mode) and high damage, at the sacrifice of pretty much all of your range.

Succubus
Jun 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
I hope they bring in weapon types from previous phantasy stars :x I really enjoyed using the two handed sword during pre-open.."chaining" the skills gets fun