PDA

View Full Version : Character Customization Griefs

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
In the last two days in the pre-open beta, I ran across a lot of characters that looked exactly like mine (save the face shape).
Caelis[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/tKP9C.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/juXRF.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I realized that a lot of people chose this look because of the same two things I did:

1) The hair + cat ear combo was one of two only combos that hid the human ears completely.
2) This piece of clothing is the only female set that allows for the tattoo body type to show the tats well.

This game may have a lot of options in sizing limbs, boobs and eyes, but we are still really limited clothes, accessories and hairstyles. On top of that, of the few options we have most don't work very well. Click the random button in the creation menu, see how many are passable.

Most of hairstyles look the same! We have a lot of barely different glasses and few good hats. We are restricted to a handfull of full-body suits that really don't allow us to customize their colours unless we want to pay ridiculous amounts of real-life money on gambling for the colour we want.

I want more curly/wavy hairstyle. More realistic, non-supersayan hairdoos for the guys. I was the ability to chose all colour options, not just the one. More different styles of hats, face paints, tatoos, etc. I'm also still sour that the removed the ability to choose torso, legs and feet clothing parts. That was actually a good thing added in PSU.

I know this is only the beta, but I have this feeling that the current customization level (pre-cash Shop) is all there will be in the full game. If this is true, I for one will continue to rage.

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
we are still really limited clothes, accessories and hairstyles.

SEGA wants that jing. That's all the explanation that needs.

buri-chan
Jun 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
Limited character options have been a standard since Universe. In PSP2i, you had all of three sets to choose from at first, but by end-game there are literally hundreds of clothes, and the hairstyle choices expand to maybe twice as many (excluding the various bangs/back combo ones). Just gotta be patient.

ashley50
Jun 16, 2012, 09:51 PM
As you mentioned, its Only the BETA.

I myself do not expect anything from an unfinished product, except to be familiar with the features and get acquainted with what the game has to offer.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 16, 2012, 10:07 PM
SEGA wants that jing. That's all the explanation that needs.

This would be okay with me, if the only way to get new clothes wasn't a lottery ticket.

I understand having special edition or rare piece obtained only that way, but EVERY piece of clothing? Come on, that just sucks. And, in the end, they will get less of my money for it.

If they have X Costume, a non-rare item, for sale in the cash shop that I really wanted for 1 dollar. They get my 1 dollar. Having the same non-rare item only obtainable by lottery tickets (say 1/10 chance at 0.10 dollars a pop, statistically the same as selling it for 1 dollar outright because it should take 10 tickets on average to get the item I want), they end up getting none of my money out of shear pissed-off'ed'ness.

Zaix
Jun 16, 2012, 11:58 PM
I feel kinda bad...

Yours
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/tKP9C.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mine
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/ConvolsingKitty/PSO2/Kyoushuv2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Similar, but different enough I guess.

kdrakari
Jun 17, 2012, 01:08 AM
The options were enough that I never found somebody else with a character that I wouldn't be able to immediately distinguish which one was mine if I had to.

But yeah, I would prefer more options. Casts get to change arms, legs, and torso independently, as well as having a much larger range of color options both in terms of which colors were available, and in the ability to customize primary and secondary (And tertiary, if I recall correctly) colors for their parts. I don't see why the other races choose from only preset full-body outfits with a limited color palette that only changes part of the color scheme.

ashley50
Jun 17, 2012, 01:13 AM
Fleshy disadvantage? :E

AlMcFly
Jun 17, 2012, 01:19 AM
Agreed. I designed my human character and thought "Meh, hardly any colors but when they can, they will add more." Then I saw the Primary/SecondaryX2 Color Palette for the Casts and thought "Oh wtfsauce hells no..."

moorebounce
Jun 17, 2012, 01:24 AM
I only hate how limited the male CASTs are at the moment and how most of the male unis stank. I would've loved to make a male character but the choices are so bad right now I can't. I'm just thankful they didn't make female CASTs look like the male version but put boobs on them.

BBYiffo
Jun 17, 2012, 01:54 AM
I'm guilty for having the same hair and cat ears too. =x
[SPOILER-BOX]
I kind of like dressing like I'm prepared to do paperwork.
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2273/frontna.png

However I'm hiding something more in my hair then Humans/Marl.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4601/thebigsecret.png
It's barely noticeable but that's the tip of my Newearl ears under my cat ears. It only came to mind I could have done the same look to the Human/Marl after I played CBT. Though I think I'll prefure staying as a Newearl since I'm playing Force mainly.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Most of the clothing show lots skin or make me feel like a child. I personally would like some less revealing clothing down the line. More casual clothing would be great too.

If the clothing is in the pay shop then I just hope it isn't "timed" clothing. >.>
Those always annoy me.

Vylera
Jun 17, 2012, 02:53 AM
Fleshy disadvantage? :E

This ^

I rolled a cast as my main because I could at least completely customize the color combinations with my armor.

The odds of looking exactly like another CAST are slim to none, but humans and newmans have only so many combinations.

That being said, I'm still rolling a human hunter since having two casts is lame.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 02:56 AM
my gripe?

no ass slider man no ass slider. clothes is a slight gripe, but big already said trufax. sega wants that. clothes / my room / my room accessories LOL (i'm sonic team and i sell my room and my room accessories eh heh LOLOOLOLOL) is gonna be their bread and butter. pretty much the entire game is playable and for free which is frikking awesome. it's just the perks like another mag/character/clothes/more inventory space/clothes/clothes/myroom/my room accessories/clothes/clothes/clothes/clothes/clothes that are gonna be bought with real money.

SolRiver
Jun 17, 2012, 04:24 AM
I think even with more options, there will still be plenty of look-alike.

Kind of like how beauty pageant have very similar body types and proportion.

There is also a study that "the most beautiful is the most average", as in that their proportion is in the most middle between two extremes. (big nose = ugly, small nose = ugly, medium nose = beautiful; just an example)

It is possible to make character that look completely unique, but you are going to have to sacrifice a bit of the "average beauty" part.

I have seen plenty of fun and unique characters in these betas, but none of them would probably be considered "beautiful" by the "normal" standard.

So really, my point being... trying to look beautiful and also unique is almost contradictory.

However... Yes, I definitely want more customization options! There are still many characters of mine that I can't recreate yet... (as an old saying goes... clothing define human; gold define buddha )

Angelo
Jun 17, 2012, 04:46 AM
Someone else made a cat girl with big tits? Color me shocked.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 04:48 AM

this guy llolloll

Gama
Jun 17, 2012, 05:33 AM
i didnt see anyone that looked like me fortunatly, but who knows, maybe a blue version might show up... go go power rangers!

MasterSpark
Jun 17, 2012, 06:14 AM
I didn't have the sense to check it out for myself during the pobt, but has the afro been made available as a hairstyle?

Sp-24
Jun 17, 2012, 06:16 AM
Haven't seen one available for females, but I think that girls get all of the guys' hairstyles and more.

Blackheart521
Jun 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
I didn't have the sense to check it out for myself during the pobt, but has the afro been made available as a hairstyle?

you have to unlock the afro and mohawk in game through scratch tickets, though i'm not sure if it is FUN scratch or AC scratch

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 17, 2012, 10:02 AM
hehe yeah.... mine ;p (my bad for the poor pic, only one I took in pre-OB)

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6545/kailea.png

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 17, 2012, 12:53 PM

Her tits aren't THAT big, come on now.

JRDeBo
Jun 17, 2012, 03:10 PM
Not at my computer, but mine looks similar. Went with cyan hair and a blue outfit. Visor and headphones top it off with a bit of her pointy ears showing.

LokinModar
Jun 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
Did you guys see any secretary outfit around at the P-Obt?

noClue
Jun 17, 2012, 09:06 PM
I think I was lucky on this, I didn't see a single character that looked similar to mine.

Clunker
Jun 17, 2012, 09:49 PM
And, where was the option for CASTs to get the "hover" vs. the standard running?
I made a temp character for Pre-OB, and somehow never saw an option to get the hovering.

(If someone's got a screen cap of the menu-bar-thingy, that'd be great)

Silenttank
Jun 18, 2012, 12:04 AM
Cat ears with that hair and especially that outfit are really popular so it's expected. You just gotta be creative and mess around with the character creator is all.

SolRiver
Jun 18, 2012, 04:11 AM
And, where was the option for CASTs to get the "hover" vs. the standard running?
I made a temp character for Pre-OB, and somehow never saw an option to get the hovering.

(If someone's got a screen cap of the menu-bar-thingy, that'd be great)
It is an option near the bottom (right above voice selection if I remember right).

Ifrian-x
Jun 18, 2012, 04:15 AM
I have to agree with him this time : /