PDA

View Full Version : Chest Line Armor?

MizaR
Jun 17, 2012, 01:40 AM
Where has my line armors gone? I feel leaving this out was a mistake as it was a big part of PSO/PSU and to not re add this leaves me disappointed. Anyone else agree?

Crimson Exile
Jun 17, 2012, 01:43 AM
I actually like the new armor pieces. Never was a fan of the photon lines on my clothes.

MAXrobo
Jun 17, 2012, 01:49 AM
I like the new way of getting armor, i just really wish there was an option to turn off the visuals on some of them.

Vashyron
Jun 17, 2012, 01:52 AM
I like the new way of getting armor, i just really wish there was an option to turn off the visuals on some of them.

You can do that, it's one of the options when you select them in your inventory.

MAXrobo
Jun 17, 2012, 01:54 AM
You can do that, it's one of the options when you select them in your inventory.

oh I never noticed (maybe since its all in Japanese), thank you for the tip ^^

Crimson Exile
Jun 17, 2012, 01:54 AM
Wow even better... thank you!

Macras
Jun 17, 2012, 01:58 AM
i actually kinda like how your armor is now three pieces instead of being one piece with a static element and only having so many slots to add things into it.

AlMcFly
Jun 17, 2012, 02:00 AM

If this is true, then I like the new system. Not all of the armor pieces are aesthetically pleasing however imo

moorebounce
Jun 17, 2012, 02:13 AM

I like the new way of getting armor too but when I go to hell and back to find rare items I want to see them. I want others to see them too. Up until the Xbox version I hated how rare weapons looked like non-rare weapons. Why would I bust my ass to get a rare gun and it looks just like a regular handgun? Why would I go all over kingdom come to find rare armor only to not see it on my character?

On a side note I do wish you could customize the colors of your armor.

MAXrobo
Jun 17, 2012, 02:19 AM
because having glowing spiky teeth growing out of my arms looked REALLY weird.
but I agree the I will usually have them showing, just wanted the option too be ther on the chance I dont like the looks of a certain item.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 02:24 AM
If this is true, then I like the new system. Not all of the armor pieces are aesthetically pleasing however imo

i like having shells attached to my feet

Zorafim
Jun 17, 2012, 02:31 AM
So do I, strangely enough.

If you really want line armor, think about rolling a cast. They have glowy neato lines.

kdrakari
Jun 17, 2012, 02:37 AM
On a side note I do wish you could customize the colors of your armor.

The units (or whatever they're called) automatically adjust to the color your outfit is, at least for non-CASTs. Dunno what happens for them.

AlMcFly
Jun 17, 2012, 02:37 AM
i like having shells attached to my feet

Equipping the shield onto my arm gave me flashbacks of the Kusanagi Mirror (sp?). I like that look.

Dragwind
Jun 17, 2012, 04:31 AM
I'm glad the line shield armor color on your clothing/parts from PSU is gone. It used to really irk me.

Gama
Jun 17, 2012, 05:36 AM
yeah it never matched the outfit! it pissed me off honestly.

Ifrian-x
Jun 17, 2012, 06:00 AM
I agree, it never matched.
I am happy itīs gone.

Sp-24
Jun 17, 2012, 06:12 AM
I think the units that we have in this game rarely match the outfits, either, to be honest. Can you really make them invisible from the menu?

ClothoBuer
Jun 17, 2012, 06:19 AM
I think the units that we have in this game rarely match the outfits, either, to be honest. Can you really make them invisible from the menu?

Yes, in your Armor Equipment menu, as well as the Inventory, when you bring up the item options, there's a selection called "ステルス(don't remember the kanji)", either 2nd or 3rd from the top, and that enables or disables the unit's visibility.

But yea, I don't miss the Photon lines in the armor, but I do think the game would benefit from a couple more slots. Feet, back, and arms just aren't enough if you ask me.

Sp-24
Jun 17, 2012, 06:21 AM
"Stealth", huh? :D

Dragwind
Jun 17, 2012, 07:01 PM
I've always been a fan of equipment having a physical appearance on characters, but I get picky. I love units having an appearance on your character (although it's great that you can turn one or all of them off if you want to), but something about the simple line shield's color glow in PSU just annoyed me more than anything. I'd rather have an antenna sticking out of my character's head than running around with a strangely colored shirt in PSU.

AlMcFly
Jun 17, 2012, 07:05 PM
I hated when a line shield glow didn't match my color scheme. Like having a random pink strip going through a dark-themed armor. Blah