PDA

View Full Version : bullets for rangers

oifjustus
Jun 17, 2012, 02:11 AM
Hey Guys, Played the Pre-Open Beta a little the past two days, I had a question regarding bullets for rangers. Does PSO2 have different elemental bullets like PSU had? I noticed a few weapons I found had various elemental %'s, just wasnt sure if that was all.

Mike
Jun 17, 2012, 02:12 AM
Hey Guys, Played the Pre-Open Beta a little the past two days, I had a question regarding bullets for rangers. Does PSO2 have different elemental bullets like PSU had? I noticed a few weapons I found had various elemental %'s, just wasnt sure if that was all.

There are no elemental bullets.

Zorafim
Jun 17, 2012, 02:13 AM
No, thank god. Elemental weapons make a comeback, though. They're really rare, so don't expect them to be a big thing.

MAXrobo
Jun 17, 2012, 02:15 AM
there are no elemental bullets, but the guns themselves have elements now (like melee weapons did in PSU). there are also special bullets you can temporarily load into your gun in the skill tree. but they have nothing to do with elements.

Mike
Jun 17, 2012, 02:37 AM
No, thank god. Elemental weapons make a comeback, though. They're really rare, so don't expect them to be a big thing.
They aren't that rare and having a decent element weapon will always be preferable to not having one. The important thing about elements though is that enemies no longer take less damage from their own element like in PSU so even if you don't have a weapon with an element that the enemy is weak too, you won't be punished for it.

Zorafim
Jun 17, 2012, 02:45 AM
Little known fact about swords made out of fire. If you hit a fire enemy with it, they're still getting hit by a sword. I'm kind of glad they took out the penalty. But is the bonus still brokenly powerful? I really hope my later levels won't be spent looking for elemental weapons.
Oh, who am I kidding? I'll probably use the prettiest ice weapon I can find anyway.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 02:47 AM
They aren't that rare and having a decent element weapon will always be preferable to not having one. The important thing about elements though is that enemies no longer take less damage from their own element like in PSU so even if you don't have a weapon with an element that the enemy is weak too, you won't be punished for it.

SERIOUSLY?! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL jeeze about time you've typed something useful MIKE

no but in all seriousness i did not know this, thanks homes. this is awesome and completely negates the benefit/hassle of maintaining a neutral weapon.

"Little known fact about swords made out of fire. If you hit a fire enemy with it, they're still getting hit by a sword."

lol wise words by zorafim. i lold bro

oifjustus
Jun 17, 2012, 03:33 AM
There are no elemental bullets.

Thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't sure.. as I can't read anything in this japanese client lol.

kdrakari
Jun 17, 2012, 09:32 AM
It's possible that having weapons with the same type as the target only doesn't get reduced in Normal mode. I think I remember the higher difficulties in PSO making the elemental resistances much more pronounced.

LeynasMoon
Jun 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
During a desert run the other day, I saw that my friend's assault rifle had given a foe the poison status effect.

Hrith
Jun 17, 2012, 03:44 PM
Status effects depend on the weapon, not the bullet PA. Your friend must have had a weapon found as a red box, most likely.

Lumir
Jun 17, 2012, 03:57 PM
Status effects depend on the weapon, not the bullet PA. Your friend must have had a weapon found as a red box, most likely.

I had something similar happen with a non-rare. It was a sword I was using and it stunned an enemy. But it happened so rarely I hardly noticed when it did.

skuld01
Jun 17, 2012, 04:03 PM
I had something similar happen with a non-rare. It was a sword I was using and it stunned an enemy. But it happened so rarely I hardly noticed when it did.

There's a PA for sword that can do stun. So far weapon with stat change effect I have seen are burn and poison (unlucky me?)

Also weapon that drop from anywhere (box, monster, quest...matterboard) may have "enchants" on it.

There's more about enchanting and disenchanting (actually I dont know what do those action call in JP), but I will wait for someone else do a guide instead.

All I should say is the better enchanting you going to combine, more risk you gonna take and more meseta you gonna spend.

Randomness
Jun 17, 2012, 04:12 PM
There's a PA for sword that can do stun. So far weapon with stat change effect I have seen are burn and poison (unlucky me?)

Also weapon that drop from anywhere (box, monster, quest...matterboard) may have "enchants" on it.

There's more about enchanting and disenchanting (actually I dont know what do those action call in JP), but I will wait for someone else do a guide instead.

All I should say is the better enchanting you going to combine, more risk you gonna take and more meseta you gonna spend.

If the various effect bonuses on weapons get translated, I might consider looking up that english patch. Most of what I see looks like it's just saying ____ +X for various stats, but then there's stuff like Rappy Soul that does huge boosts.