PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Party Areas

brian3000
Jun 17, 2012, 12:00 PM
Just wanted to know, how do you play in multi-party areas?

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
Some missions have specific blocks/areas that just have other people running around. Its not something to concern yourself with. It just happens.

brian3000
Jun 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah I noticed that. Just thought they were NPC's though.

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 12:08 PM
Nope they're real flesh and blood people like you...only in digital form. If you talk to them they'll probably respond. Many times there are computers in at least one of the groups so some are
NPCs i suppose.

Neirene
Jun 17, 2012, 12:24 PM
I consider them as ghosts of some sort altought they were real people but they actually appear right at the moment when you are struggling the most cause of so many monsters around you.

It's a nice feeling you feel like you are actually getting rescued in those multiparty areas and then you fight alongside with them, they help you and then disapear and you dont see them anymore...

Eyce_Theon
Jun 17, 2012, 12:47 PM
In multiparty blocks, each team enters from a different point and is trying to get to a different exit. Along the way you may cross paths with another group, help each other out a bit, then go your separate ways.

I think it's really fun.

MAXrobo
Jun 17, 2012, 02:48 PM
In multiparty blocks, each team enters from a different point and is trying to get to a different exit. Along the way you may cross paths with another group, help each other out a bit, then go your separate ways.

I think it's really fun.

while they all start a different points. I'm pretty sure everyone has the same exit. Iv called out exits before, and the other partys followed and left with me.

moorebounce
Jun 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
Nope they're real flesh and blood people like you...only in digital form. If you talk to them they'll probably respond. Many times there are computers in at least one of the groups so some are
NPCs i suppose.

lol you can tell someone in the multi-party area has NPCs because the NPCs are always talking. At first I thought it were real players with the name of NPCs until I started using the NPCs. I laughed once I figured that out.

shiink
Jun 17, 2012, 02:56 PM
Also, If you select the option at the quest counter to join a party and then select your party it has multiple options to choose. The first option would join that party if it wasn't full or locked. The second option would allow you to join that room as another party. In this case I have joined a room that is full already knowing the other characters I would see in the multi-party area.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 17, 2012, 05:06 PM
while they all start a different points. I'm pretty sure everyone has the same exit. Iv called out exits before, and the other partys followed and left with me.

Maybe so, I could have imagined having different exits as I was quite sleepy

Rizen
Jun 17, 2012, 05:16 PM
When you go to join a party or create a mission, you can see if there is a multiparty area. If you join a party, you will see #/12 on the bottom right that tells you how many people are in that multiparty area ..

Just remember that when you are in a multiple party area, you should switch over to Public/Say chat so that everyone can hear you.

I've spent about 90% of my time in the last few betas in multiparty areas killing bosses.

jaychaulives
Jun 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
looks like the most efficient way to farm exp and $

Peejay
Jun 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
Just remember that when you are in a multiple party area, you should switch over to Public/Say chat so that everyone can hear you.

All my nope.

I'm pretty sure the japanese people who happened to wander over into it and hate our guts would love to read our inane babbling. Or that I'd have to accidentally end up in the same Multi-area as someone like Chik'Tikka and be forced to throw a warpgate down to get away from the emotes.

Polly
Jun 17, 2012, 05:38 PM
All my nope.

I'm pretty sure the japanese people who happened to wander over into it and hate our guts would love to read our inane babbling. Or that I'd have to accidentally end up in the same Multi-area as someone like Chik'Tikka and be forced to throw a warpgate down to get away from the emotes.

All of this. So, adding more nope.

I rarely communicate via public channels in games and if I have the option, I have the display of public chat disabled. I'm pretty sure I'm never missing much.

Siatome
Jun 17, 2012, 06:22 PM
All my nope.

All my yes!

Theres nothing quite like hearing another party spazzing out from across the way while being devoured by two boss monsters :-P Everybody leave your chat on general! It brings me great joy!

LokinModar
Jun 17, 2012, 06:58 PM
i think one of the fun poits of the game is to see othe ppl interacting. If i wanted to play alone seeing so much ppl around i'd just stay at FFXIV

~Inu~
Jun 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
looks like the most efficient way to farm exp and $

Cross Burst = DELICIOUS

MAXrobo
Jun 17, 2012, 10:00 PM
All my yes!

Theres nothing quite like hearing another party spazzing out from across the way while being devoured by two boss monsters :-P Everybody leave your chat on general! It brings me great joy!

agreed, its fun to hear people trying to make plans half way across the map while being chased my huge swarms and bosses.

Also other partys (including me) will call out locations of bosses and exits some times, and it makes getting EXP and drops a lot faster.

Lintor
Jun 17, 2012, 10:12 PM
It seemed like you could hear the other party in a multi area, even doing party chat, or maybe that was just the bots.
Since we were all playing on Ship 2, most of the multi parties I saw still happened to be speaking English, knew those weren't bots.

But yeah, the NPCs would not shut up. As I recall something physically about them was an obvious tell for a bot.

I'd public chat, but mostly just for よろ、ありがとう、and おつ.

cheapgunner
Jun 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
I was in a multi-party area myself on the 2nd day. Was following the group when I was attacked and a Rescue objective popped up for be to be saved. Was a pretty good feeling having people that weren't even in your 4-man squad working together to save you. :D

DjDragoon
Jun 17, 2012, 10:45 PM
Didn't ST say that there'd be a way for members of other parties to join together to make a party of up to 4 in the multiparty areas?

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 11:03 PM
While in mission you can select a person from the Multi Party zone and invite them to your party (Or vice versa.) They instantly join with no loading or anything, they're already there. You can actually swap parties mid mission like this.

DjDragoon
Jun 18, 2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

DTwO
Jun 18, 2012, 09:21 AM
Yea,i found this feature to be pretty cool actually seeing as the EXP is shared,so no "Hey,you killed my monster" nonsense occurs.

The fact you can talk to each other or party up is a wonderful feature too.

I remember seeing in the Pre-obt,someone needing help but i wasn't in their party.So i gave a helping hand then we parted ways ^_^

Zeke154
Jun 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
Yea,i found this feature to be pretty cool actually seeing as the EXP is shared,so no "Hey,you killed my monster" nonsense occurs.

The fact you can talk to each other or party up is a wonderful feature too.

I remember seeing in the Pre-obt,someone needing help but i wasn't in their party.So i gave a helping hand then we parted ways ^_^

not to mention if there's a boss and your in a multi-party area, that would make things alot easier. :-D

KatsujinkenKik
Jun 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
people can miss out on EXP if they aren't close enough to your area even though they can see the damage being inflicted on enemies. I've had bad spawns happen on the dagan killing mission with few dagans spawning. just about the same twelve people were running around for these enemies, so i shouted out for everyone to say if they see the enemy and just wait till a good number of folks showed up to their area to get the mission points from the enemy kills.

I didn't know how exactly to convey this plan in japanese, but people seemed to have caught on when i started saying, "きた!D-3にダガンがいます" for example.