PDA

View Full Version : More stupid questions.

Lintor
Jun 17, 2012, 09:32 PM
Okay, its Lintor's turn to ask stupid questions, stuff that maybe should be obvious from previous PSO or the Beta or whatever.

Question 1 - Guilds.
Does PSO2 have any sort of guild/league/clan system? Not that I really do much competitive GvG stuff, its nice to have people to shoot the shit with while online.

Question 2 - Ships and characters
So right now, we have 1 slot... As much as thats a kick in the pants, the question is, is it 1 character slot? Or 1 slot per ship? Could I make a char on each ship and have 9 free chars? Even if they can't communicate...

Question 3 - Drops
So, I noticed while playing as a sword type, that I only ever saw my classes drop, and only ever got discs for my class. Is this supposed to work this way? I miss getting drops for my alts or if I changed class.

Question 4 - PSVita and other versions
As I understand it, the android version wont be 1:1 with the PC version, but Vita will correct? The question is, how much cross play will we see? Can I use my same chars? Or will the PS Vita just be a game with the same name and this is all misleading? Leading me also to ask if the PS Vita game will be a free download or a purchase?

Thats all for now.

FenixStryk
Jun 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
-PSO2 has a Team system. It is equivalent to guilds/clans.
-It's one free character per account.
-Cross-class items do drop, but the drop rate is slightly in favor of the class you are when you kill the mob.
-Vita should mirror the PC version. The other versions will be simplified for their platforms.

Lintor
Jun 17, 2012, 09:43 PM
Good.
Disappointing.
Acceptable.
Mixed, I mean I have a nice tablet but really I wont be too bummed so long as if at least I can still use my character.

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 09:43 PM
Okay, its Lintor's turn to ask stupid questions, stuff that maybe should be obvious from previous PSO or the Beta or whatever.

Question 1 - Guilds.
Does PSO2 have any sort of guild/league/clan system? Not that I really do much competitive GvG stuff, its nice to have people to shoot the shit with while online.

Question 2 - Ships and characters
So right now, we have 1 slot... As much as thats a kick in the pants, the question is, is it 1 character slot? Or 1 slot per ship? Could I make a char on each ship and have 9 free chars? Even if they can't communicate...

Question 3 - Drops
So, I noticed while playing as a sword type, that I only ever saw my classes drop, and only ever got discs for my class. Is this supposed to work this way? I miss getting drops for my alts or if I changed class.

Question 4 - PSVita and other versions
As I understand it, the android version wont be 1:1 with the PC version, but Vita will correct? The question is, how much cross play will we see? Can I use my same chars? Or will the PS Vita just be a game with the same name and this is all misleading? Leading me also to ask if the PS Vita game will be a free download or a purchase?

Thats all for now.

1. Yes they're known as Teams in PSO2 (They were in PSOBB also)

2. 1 free slot. NO more no matter what ship you go to. You can get a total of 12 slots across every server.

3.Yes drops are based off of your class. There are occasional drops outside your class though.

4.Yes Vita will be cross play. Data should be cross platform between PC and Vita. Being able to play with a person on the other platform is unknown for now. They want full cross platform, but it may not be possible if things don't work out.

Basically at worst, you could see the other platform people running around in the lobby, but you'll only be able to play with your own platform. Hopefully it will work properly and it will be 100% cross platform.

Lintor
Jun 17, 2012, 09:54 PM
Thank you both, that was quick and simple.

I'd close this now if I could.