PDA

View Full Version : Backlogging outfits for your character.

MrTurkleton
Jun 17, 2012, 09:57 PM
Good news everyone. If you have the time and patience you can backlog outfits onto your account. If you delete your character, your stash will be stored still.

So basicly it goes

Create blank character with outfit you want
Sell everything you can
Buy junker outfit
Deposit outfit you want
Delete character
Repeat

By doing this you basicly get a small bit of outifts to swap to in the color you want instead of being limited by the shop's default color. Hell you could have a color of the day if you choose. Just remember to do this before you truely make your character obviously.

Pointless but usefull for frequent color changers.

buri-chan
Jun 17, 2012, 10:01 PM
Neat. Though I'll still end up doing like PSP2i and buying every single outfit but only ever wearing the 450 dress.

MrTurkleton
Jun 17, 2012, 10:10 PM
only problem with the store currently is that there is no color selection. Depending on the economy though this could become moot as you could probably just buy a cheap AC clothing and turn it into a recolor ticket, or the ticket itself, from a player shop.

RocSage
Jun 17, 2012, 10:43 PM
Good news everyone. If you have the time and patience you can backlog outfits onto your account. If you delete your character, your stash will be stored still.

So basicly it goes

Create blank character with outfit you want
Sell everything you can
Buy junker outfit
Deposit outfit you want
Delete character
Repeat

By doing this you basicly get a small bit of outifts to swap to in the color you want instead of being limited by the shop's default color. Hell you could have a color of the day if you choose. Just remember to do this before you truely make your character obviously.

Pointless but usefull for frequent color changers.

You missed a step
step 0. pay $10 every time you make a new char

D-Inferno
Jun 17, 2012, 10:44 PM
The recolor ticket is necessary to get a completely different shade of color from the ones preselected for clothing. Kind of lame to be honest, since said color also matches you mag, and that CASTs can already pick their mag color for free.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
You missed a step
step 0. pay $10 every time you make a new char

i think it's actually 1500 yen which means it's like 18 dollars for a new character

Zaix
Jun 17, 2012, 10:58 PM
A new character slot is 500 Yen. The 1st slot is always free if you keep deleting characters though.

Miyoko
Jun 18, 2012, 12:49 AM
A new character slot is 500 Yen. The 1st slot is always free if you keep deleting characters though.

Shared stash isn't premium? I was wondering about that.

Siatome
Jun 18, 2012, 12:59 AM
I approve of this exceedingly labor intensive idea as a method to flood the market with cheap gear I can save time by just paying me seta for!

And this is slightly off topic but.. how does getting a color change ticket work? People keep talking about trading for it and stuff, I just figured it would cost Ragol Bucks or some thing.

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 01:07 AM
I approve of this exceedingly labor intensive idea as a method to flood the market with cheap gear I can save time by just paying me seta for!

And this is slightly off topic but.. how does getting a color change ticket work? People keep talking about trading for it and stuff, I just figured it would cost Ragol Bucks or some thing.

I lol'd at Ragol Bucks, but basically you can trade in an AC scratch ticket clothing piece for a ticket that lets you change the color of the outfit you are wearing... one time use ^^

Stepper
Jun 18, 2012, 01:08 AM
So you actually tested this yourself?

Siatome
Jun 18, 2012, 01:15 AM
I lol'd at Ragol Bucks, but basically you can trade in an AC scratch ticket clothing piece for a ticket that lets you change the color of the outfit you are wearing... one time use ^^

Lol you're welcome :P and oh! that's not so bad I guess... wait... that's like 5 bucks to change your outfits color >_> well if there are enough sweet outfits to make the scratch worth it then I suppose it could work out. It does allow you to change color 2 and 3 as well right?

Or hey! Could I use this threads handy dandy suggestion to get an extra outfit that I could then TRADE for a color ticket?

Vashyron
Jun 18, 2012, 01:21 AM
IIRC In the Closed Beta it required 12 AC Scratch Costumes for 1 Colour ticket.

...Yeah.

(Mind this could of changed in the Pre-OBT, I didn't look though.)

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 01:37 AM
IIRC In the Closed Beta it required 12 AC Scratch Costumes for 1 Colour ticket.

...Yeah.

(Mind this could of changed in the Pre-OBT, I didn't look though.)

It did thankfully, they thought 12 was uber overboard and I couldn't agree more, so they changed it to 1, I'll probably end up buying my scratch ticket outfits from player shops, hopefully they don't get too expensive there, 500,000 is my hopeful average price for what people will sell them for but it'll probably be higher on the market sadly

LatinWolf
Jun 18, 2012, 01:47 AM
if it actually would work it'd be cool to do, pretty sure you gotta pay for the characters you make past your first one

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 01:51 AM
if it actually would work it'd be cool to do, pretty sure you gotta pay for the characters you make past your first one

well yeah you do but he's saying make your character buy an outfit to switch out of your starting one, put your starting one in your bank then delete the character, make a new one and you'll still have the other outfit in your bank and it won't cost you anything to make the new character beacause it'll be taking your original free slot.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 02:55 AM
It did thankfully, they thought 12 was uber overboard and I couldn't agree more, so they changed it to 1

My god, that's the best news I've heard, well, ever.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 18, 2012, 04:53 AM

thank god, i guess i tripped out and read 1500 instead of 500

MrTurkleton
Jun 18, 2012, 08:31 AM
So you actually tested this yourself?

I tested this during the pre beta. I was able to save my extra outfits. Mostly for the fun of having extras.

Lol you're welcome :P and oh! that's not so bad I guess... wait... that's like 5 bucks to change your outfits color >_> well if there are enough sweet outfits to make the scratch worth it then I suppose it could work out. It does allow you to change color 2 and 3 as well right?

Or hey! Could I use this threads handy dandy suggestion to get an extra outfit that I could then TRADE for a color ticket?

Only works with AC clothing. Basic clothing doesnt register at the trade in counter so this wont help get recolor tickets at all. Although hopefully the economy will be somewhat decent and recolor tickets should be decently common in the player shops.

Gama
Jun 18, 2012, 09:10 AM
wont AC items be account bound?

seems likely to happen...

MrTurkleton
Jun 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
wont AC items be account bound?

seems likely to happen...

if they are then i figure they follow the usual "only bound once equiped" route. Although i would hope sega is smart enough to not bind clothing items.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Hmm, I'd love to do this, especially all the different colors you can experiment with Cast parts.

.... but it's a lot of effort to waste 20 minutes going through Chapter 0 over and over and over and over again. I already got sick of doing it for my 3 characters in Closed Beta, and again in Pre-Open. and now I'll have to go through it AGAIN in Open Beta....*sigh*

Pyrii
Jun 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
if they are then i figure they follow the usual "only bound once equiped" route. Although i would hope sega is smart enough to not bind clothing items.

Clothes from Gachas are tradable. I saw plenty in the shops during CBT

The only problem really is that all CAST parts from the creator are availible from the NPC shops. Colouring is character-wide so us CASTs/Caseals don't need to do this :3

AC/Gacha Clothes only having one colouration each is a bit cheap really though.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
The only problem really is that all CAST parts from the creator are availible from the NPC shops. Colouring is character-wide so us CASTs/Caseals don't need to do this :3

Oh, I see!
Glad to know I don't have to suffer through Chapter 0 for a whole day.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
AC/Gacha Clothes only having one colouration each is a bit cheap really though.

That's why there's the Recycle Tickets for re-coloration. SEGA wants just a little bit more money, y'see.

...which hopefully really do only cost 1 AC outfits now, instead of 12. Hopefully.

MrTurkleton
Jun 18, 2012, 10:39 AM
That's why there's the Recycle Tickets for re-coloration. SEGA wants just a little bit more money, y'see.

...which hopefully really do only cost 1 AC outfits now, instead of 12. Hopefully.

I went to that counter during the pre beta and it said 0/1 so im pretty sure its actually only 1 suit for a ticket now

Oh, I see!
Glad to know I don't have to suffer through Chapter 0 for a whole day.

Once you complete chapter 0 once, you can completely skip it now for any other character that gets created. Although i would probably load it up once or twice to stock up on cheap free mono drops to sell. Also chapter 0 doesnt take that long :P. Just skip all the cutscenes and make sure you select the second option so you dont actually go through the button tutorials.

:P backlogging these is still kind of pointless if you dont intend to change your outfit often between the ones you do backlog. I still hope the economy wont be shit and recolor tickets will be "cheap"

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 10:41 AM
I went to that counter during the pre beta and it said 0/1 so im pretty sure its actually only 1 suit for a ticket now

Then what Blackheart said is true, and oh lawdy-lawdy, this is a happy day.

Now all I'll need is that goddamn AC hairstyle ticket and I'll be back to where I need to be.

MrTurkleton
Jun 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
Then what Blackheart said is true, and oh lawdy-lawdy, this is a happy day.

Now all I'll need is that goddamn AC hairstyle ticket and I'll be back to where I need to be.

given that they are from FUN points and not ac, i expect them to be pretty cheap in the player shops since anyone with shop access can sell them if they keep playing and spending fun since there is an "unlimited" supply of that stuff.

I too want the hair ticket so i can get my darn afro. I love how huge it is in this game and it actually jiggles.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
given that they are from FUN points and not ac, i expect them to be pretty cheap in the player shops since anyone with shop access can sell them if they keep playing and spending fun since there is an "unlimited" supply of that stuff.

I too want the hair ticket so i can get my darn afro. I love how huge it is in this game and it actually jiggles.

Oh, hairstyle tickets are from the FUN gacha? Man, so much good news my heart might explode.

/is getting his 2000 bonus FUN from completing those objectives on the CBT

MrTurkleton
Jun 18, 2012, 10:54 AM
Oh, hairstyle tickets are from the FUN gacha? Man, so much good news my heart might explode.

I could have sworn i read they are a possable outcome. If i can get the name of the hair ticket in japanese then it should be easy to cross reference with the list of fun scratch items to make sure that it is true come open beta.

Gardios
Jun 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hair tickets are exclusive to the 200AC scratchs. The FUN scratchs only have furniture, a maid hairband and a nurse cap.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hair tickets are exclusive to the 200AC scratchs. The FUN scratchs only have furniture, a maid hairband and a nurse cap.

Oh. Fuck those hats. Guess I'll have to burn some cash to get my hair ticket, then.

Peejay
Jun 18, 2012, 03:44 PM

Maid headband.

wantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwant

LatinWolf
Jun 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
well yeah you do but he's saying make your character buy an outfit to switch out of your starting one, put your starting one in your bank then delete the character, make a new one and you'll still have the other outfit in your bank and it won't cost you anything to make the new character beacause it'll be taking your original free slot.

Hmm, I only assumed cause in the CBT it asked me for AC every time I remade my intitial char. Pretty it did... I hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind stocking up on like 3 different outfits.

Pyrii
Jun 18, 2012, 04:38 PM
Just a thought, but didn't they announce that certain customisation options were made free at the "Boutique"? Including changing your outfit. This will probably include the default outfits.

I guess once OBT launches we'll find out.

moorebounce
Jun 18, 2012, 05:32 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned yet but one way Sega could stop the backlogging is by resetting your bank too when you delete your character.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 05:36 PM
Just a thought, but didn't they announce that certain customisation options were made free at the "Boutique"? Including changing your outfit. This will probably include the default outfits.

I guess once OBT launches we'll find out.

You don't change clothes at the makeover shop. You buy clothes at a certain NPC shop, and you can change clothes straight from your inventory. All you can do at the makeover shop regarding clothing is change the color (with a Recycle Ticket).

RAnewearl
Jun 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
Um this may seem dumb to ask but can someone show me how to delete char and how to store items in the bank..? Pleaseee :) and does anyone think that taking off accesories and storing them at makeover shop would work too?

Pyrii
Jun 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned yet but one way Sega could stop the backlogging is by resetting your bank too when you delete your character.

Your storage is per-ship so all characters on that ship will share storage.

I might have to stock up on outfits for the FOnewearl alt. But I'm still not sure such a thing will be needed, shouldn't all default outfits in all colours be available from the costume NPC?

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 11:25 AM

The tickets were only 500 FUN each. If you got both, it'd be 1000. I also don't think it stacks.

moorebounce
Jun 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Your storage is per-ship so all characters on that ship will share storage.

I might have to stock up on outfits for the FOnewearl alt. But I'm still not sure such a thing will be needed, shouldn't all default outfits in all colours be available from the costume NPC?

I was assuming people only having the one free character. I was thinking that because you're cheap enough to back log your outfits you wouldn't be spending money on getting more characters.

Pyrii
Jun 19, 2012, 12:01 PM
I was assuming people only having the one free character. I was thinking that because you're cheap enough to back log your outfits you wouldn't be spending money on getting more characters.

Charming... yes I am cheap. I don't have much to live on, sorry for not be drowning in the cash like you.

During CBT I had a Newman alt and would like to be able to think ahead incase I ever decide to make her again.

The only problem I can think of regarding this plan is that you need Meseta to buy the "junk" clothes which will obviously cost enough that you'll need to spend a few hours with the character before you can move on.

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
This sounds like a huge waste of time.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 19, 2012, 01:58 PM
Much like how the color change ticket is a huge waste of money (to obtain). If I recall right, the requirement for the color change ticket was not just any one AC scratch outfit, but instead, it was one rappy suit, specifically. A rappy suit which, thankfully, can be found from the scratch without completing a gacha checklist, due to recent laws in japan prohibiting this. Still, don't expect it to be easy to obtain that specific costume to turn in for the color change ticket.

Personally, I'd rather they just toss up guaranteed color change tickets for 500 AC or something or be done with it, I don't want to play dice rolls just to be able to change colors.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
Much like how the color change ticket is a huge waste of money (to obtain). If I recall right, the requirement for the color change ticket was not just any one AC scratch outfit, but instead, it was one rappy suit, specifically. A rappy suit which, thankfully, can be found from the scratch without completing a gacha checklist, due to recent laws in japan prohibiting this. Still, don't expect it to be easy to obtain that specific costume to turn in for the color change ticket.

Personally, I'd rather they just toss up guaranteed color change tickets for 500 AC or something or be done with it, I don't want to play dice rolls just to be able to change colors.

this is not true my good sir, just any one AC costume will do it. ^^

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
btw has anyone actually done this in the open beta, was just about to get to work, but my memory of the menus from CBT are foggy not sure if I can pull it off w/o eng patch

RAnewearl
Jun 21, 2012, 01:58 PM
I made my main on one account and started to attempt thison another.. (so i could just trade myself) however i tried many hours later and i cant make another char cause of the ship 2 problem.. i made 1 and got the outfit in the bank but havent been able to make another to check if its still there.

Let you know when i try it. To put item inthe bank you just click the first icon on the little menu of the item (should show #/200 meaning your available storage space)

To delete a char you do the second option and press the button while holding ctrl.

To sell all your stuff for meseta just go to any shop npc and pick the second one.

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
thanks for the heads up,

the shared storage is the one you can access from the drop ship? just double checking on this

RAnewearl
Jun 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
thanks for the heads up,

the shared storage is the one you can access from the drop ship? just double checking on this

Not quite understanding. You can do it on any ship,but if youre doing it the trading method oike me, they gotta be on the same ship. You can qccess your storage from the cube box thing.. not sure which choice though, forgot sorry

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 02:48 PM
real quick before I proceed with the experiment, (doing it on Ship 10 since there's none of the over population BS going on there) is the 200 slot inventory shared between characters? or is it the smaller 30 slot one? if so how do i store my outfit into the shared one?

RAnewearl
Jun 21, 2012, 02:56 PM
real quick before I proceed with the experiment, (doing it on Ship 10 since there's none of the over population BS going on there) is the 200 slot inventory shared between characters? or is it the smaller 30 slot one? if so how do i store my outfit into the shared one?

Oh i didnt even know such a thing existed o.o im going to try with the 200 one.. but please let me know your results :)

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
Alright, I just did it and it works in the Open Beta.

Just do a mission to pony up the cash for one of the normal outfits and store the colored one in the bank, it will be there when you start your new character.

iwerkout
Jun 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
Where is this store you all speak of?

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 03:14 PM
it's the outfit store in the mall, you can buy the default outfits there

iwerkout
Jun 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
There's a mall? XD