PDA

View Full Version : Are Mags bound now?

Coatl
Jun 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
I didn't think about this until just recently and thought that if they were bound It'd be pretty significant, seeing as how they'll be with us forever.

Any ideas?

NoiseHERO
Jun 17, 2012, 11:50 PM
I THINK they're character/account bound now, yeah.

goldwing
Jun 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
Thats a good q. Im not giveing up mine but its worth seeing. That would b cool if they arent tho

Mentyfresh
Jun 18, 2012, 12:25 AM
Wait what does this mean? the first mag I get I have to keep the entire game? :O

oifjustus
Jun 18, 2012, 12:28 AM
Bound means untradeable.

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 12:28 AM
Wait what does this mean? the first mag I get I have to keep the entire game? :O

I believe this is true, but you can get more through cash shop or reset yours with a cash shop item, color of your is based on your clothes/parts colors for your character.

Mentyfresh
Jun 18, 2012, 12:30 AM
I believe this is true, but you can get more through cash shop or reset yours with a cash shop item, color of your is based on your clothes/parts colors for your character.

Oh okay, thank you black heart

Digs
Jun 18, 2012, 12:37 AM
Oh dear, the more and more I learn about PSO2 the more it sounds like the User generated market is going to be a little lack luster.

Digs
Jun 18, 2012, 01:25 AM
The economy prices will probably be higher than PSU's base line (assuming all other attributes the same), not including the variable of hacked meseta/items/equipment.

The biggest deal, in my opinion, with the premium fee is with trade and market selling. Of course, since money flow from common players might be low (because they only gain money from selling stuff to NPCs or from missions), those who sell might need to lower their prices to accommodate.

Will it be a problem?

Only time will tell~

It shouldn't be too bad, even under PVP circumstances (as long as the difference is at least maximum 30-50% between premium and non-premium users in terms of stats, assuming the same level). Skill can often cover that range, with the non-premium winning against the premium by a large margin depending on the game's mechanics and reliance on skill (looking at Savage 2 here - blocking nullifies damage, thus no matter how high one's atk power, if one can't get through a target's guard, it's useless), or can make cash users OP if the game doesn't rely on skill enough.
My only concern is that 30-50% difference between the Premies and the Norms, these prices seem a little steep for a F2P game that isn't as content packed as your average F2P MMO. Most F2P do tremendously well on basically dollar transactions so it seems odd that SEGA would go as far as to hold back key features to attempt to force a sell and it might turn a lot more people away than it entices.

I know the User Market will do fine for the most part with the addition of new Weapon and Equipment classes, as well as the PA Disks being a potential seller. The lack of MAGs as tradable goods is a scary one though, they are highly collectible and are also fantastic skill modifiers, it's a shame they're limited in numbers and bound.

I'm almost positive I'll be on the Premium set simply because I enjoyed the game that much, even though it doesn't have a fraction of the content most $15+ subscription MMO's have, it still has enough of a great experience to keep me coming back for more.

Gama
Jun 18, 2012, 06:42 AM
are "free course" players able to buy/sell items? i didnt understand how you access those menus.

also pso2 dosent have synth items so theres less clutter in the shops. and since its the japanese server hacking "should be minimum to none" i hope. anyway if there is hacking at least the servers response to it will be faster.

Mike
Jun 18, 2012, 06:50 AM
are "free course" players able to buy/sell items? i didnt understand how you access those menus.
Free players are able to purchase items from player stores but only able to sell items to vendors.

Gama
Jun 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
interesting, better than psu then.

well everything about pso2 is better than psu xD

also i wonder how the mag behavior will work.

and how the stats work over a character build.

if you're a force that likes to melee for example wich stats are good, and stuff like that.

GrandTickler
Jun 18, 2012, 08:31 AM
bound, means more money for sega. i already see this turning into a huge money grabber. changing class? oh you better buy a new mag then D:
you can make a new character to have more perfect stats but.. oh wait that cost money too...

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 09:05 AM
I tested this with a few buddies of mine during the closed beta, when we had full access to trading. Mags were the only things that we ran into that we were unable to trade with each other. I'd assume that's how it's going to stay for the full game.

On one hand, mag trading was used to power level new players in PSO, so maybe it is there to prevent that sort of stuff. On the other hand, it doesn't really look like the mag evolutions are quite as flexible in this game as they were in the first, so (for now) it doesn't seem like it will be as hard to get a mag up to a certain evolution, just time consuming. Then again, it could turn out that mags are just as sensitive and picky about evolutions as they were in the first one when the full game comes out.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen non-account bound mags, since that would just add to the already great trading community that this game should have, but I actually don't see this game having that great trading community that PSO1 had due to the pay-to-trade 'feature'.