PDA

View Full Version : On the Open Beta

Mike
Jun 18, 2012, 02:32 AM
The Player's Site was updated with "news (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=66)" on the open beta. It's mostly stuff we've heard before so here's the important stuff.

・AC
All prices for AC items in the open beta are the prices they will be after the game launches. You won't be able to purchase AC during the open beta. During the open beta, everyone will be able to access their rooms and stores though.

・Mags
The maximum level for mags in the open beta will be level 99.

・Quests
Quests for the forest, caves, city, and desert will be available.

・Item Codes
From the open beta on, item codes can only be used once. Any item code used during the pre-open beta can be used again but only once.

・Balance
Balancing has been completed at this stage but will be done again if needed.

・Character Data
Characters created during the open beta will be transfered to the full version upon it's release.

・Symbol Art
Symbol art from the closed beta can be imported in to the open beta but symbol art created in the pre-open beta cannot be imported in to the open beta.

Nothing too exciting but that's latest update from the official site.

Jagalun
Jun 18, 2012, 02:47 AM
Cool! Thanks for the info! ^-^

Zorafim
Jun 18, 2012, 02:49 AM
It's nice having verification on these things. I'm kind of sad characters will be saved from the beta to the final release. I wanted to test out a few characters before settling on one. I never really played as newman Levia or Zofael, so I don't know if I prefer them to caseal Levia or not. But, I can understand that there's no reason to play those same 30 levels for a third time (fourth? I lost track). I'll just have to figure out a way to test out all my characters myself.

I need to get information on mags before I mess up another one. Their stats are like PSO mags, right? You probably want to get one that focuses on your class's primary stats, and switch mags when you switch classes unless you plan on hybriding. And if I'm remembering right... Isn't the only way to get mags past your first through cash shop? Well poop.

I'm glad to see they finalized balance, even if they aren't sure if they have everything right. Now I don't have to spam the most OP thing anymore!

Yeah, none of what I said really matters. I just want to play!

Leica
Jun 18, 2012, 02:52 AM
Isn't the only way to get mags past your first through cash shop?

D: Oh noes! Do you know where you found this out?

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 02:55 AM
D: Oh noes! Do you know where you found this out?

Idk where to link you to it but it's true, kinda sucks but just be careful with the one you have then ^^;

Fujiko
Great information, thank you :D

Interesting on the symbol art, pre-open beta stuff can't be imported. Wonder what was changed in the pre-open beta?

Now I need to start planning snacks and drinks for the 21st!

Digs
Isn't the only way to get mags past your first through cash shop?

So sad, I always got excited when a mag popped out of a box randomly, it was like finding a lost kitten. ;p

Also, thanks for the info. ^^

Fusioneko
Jun 18, 2012, 03:34 AM
-pops out of a box- Mew..
-gets put back in a box-

"Not a mag"
>_> Mewwwwww

Yeah I'm looking for .. Are we counting down? 3days!! <.<

OpheliaInfinity
Jun 18, 2012, 04:15 AM
・AC
All prices for AC items in the open beta are the prices they will be after the game launches. You won't be able to purchase AC during the open beta. During the open beta, everyone will be able to access their rooms and stores though.
My apologies if this has been stated somewhere before but does this mean we get to have... INFINITE characters? o3o (well as much as each ship allows)

Room access is wondurful :3

valuanguard
Jun 18, 2012, 04:38 AM
Its nice to know that forest, caves, city, and desert will be available; a decent variety is critical at launch to keep the initial interest of players high until more content comes

eharima
Jun 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
・AC

REALLY???

GG sega isao, way to miss an opportunity for money sink.

The time where EVERYONE will be lv 1 and have no mags, make it so you CAN'T buy exp boosters and mag items.

It hurts.

Speculation on open beta length? 2-3 weeks ima guess.

AlMcFly
Jun 18, 2012, 05:14 AM
Time to start designing some symbol art XD

Mike
Jun 18, 2012, 06:04 AM
The time where EVERYONE will be lv 1 and have no mags, make it so you CAN'T buy exp boosters and mag items.
Are you really that interested in buying a bunch of exp boosts and grinding to the cap before everyone else? And during beta, none-the-less?

eharima
Jun 18, 2012, 06:22 AM
Are you really that interested in buying a bunch of exp boosts and grinding to the cap before everyone else? And during beta, none-the-less?

Not so much the lv cap, but mag items hooo boy, yes.
I know they where adjusted on how much they affect the growth, by how much im not sure, but there was really no point in feeding weapons or mates/ fluids, when the mag items from AC where like 900% more efficient and easily available.

Considering you could only feed your mag 3x every 15 min (+lv99) I think I worked it out to be, for me, being 27 now, cutting corners by throwing money and being tenfold more efficient suits my play style.

Character data will carry over now, so not to say im an Eleitest TA'er, but there is that mentality out there, where people will want to, and just raw grind to get their base stats up, and take an easy booster move for a fue $ге。。。

Really I think its a bad move to not have AC implemented yet, obviously IDK the circumstances, maybe there is bugs or what not, just seems like a missed opportunity, and IMO they need to take every monetary moment they have considering its F2P...

AlMcFly
Jun 18, 2012, 07:28 AM
Not so much the lv cap, but mag items hooo boy, yes.
I know they where adjusted on how much they affect the growth, by how much im not sure, but there was really no point in feeding weapons or mates/ fluids, when the mag items from AC where like 900% more efficient and easily available.

Considering you could only feed your mag 3x every 15 min (+lv99) I think I worked it out to be, for me, being 27 now, cutting corners by throwing money and being tenfold more efficient suits my play style.

Character data will carry over now, so not to say im an Eleitest TA'er, but there is that mentality out there, where people will want to, and just raw grind to get their base stats up, and take an easy booster move for a fue $ге。。。

Really I think its a bad move to not have AC implemented yet, obviously IDK the circumstances, maybe there is bugs or what not, just seems like a missed opportunity, and IMO they need to take every monetary moment they have considering its F2P...

Even without Exp booster and Mag items, we are going to have no trouble at all hitting lvl cap and max Mag lvl cap before the game is even released. I doubt even the casual gamers will have a problem with it.

PSO Addict
Jun 18, 2012, 07:44 AM
Not that I plan to use exp boosters as I want the leveling to last as long as possible, but he does bring up a good point in that this would be the time to purchase them.

mhjc
Jun 18, 2012, 08:00 AM
My apologies if this has been stated somewhere before but does this mean we get to have... INFINITE characters? o3o (well as much as each ship allows)

Room access is wondurful :3

No. Just like the pre-open beta, you can't make extra characters. There's no generating AC, and you can't purchase it, so you're stuck with 1 character.

I think everyone is misunderstanding by thinking that access to MyRoom and MyShop means you get AC items >_>. AC wasn't generating during the pre-open beta, and it'll be the same during Open. You can't purchase those shop items.

Mike
Jun 18, 2012, 08:05 AM
Not that I plan to use exp boosters as I want the leveling to last as long as possible, but he does bring up a good point in that this would be the time to purchase them.
There is a maximum number characters (10 or 12 maybe) over all servers.

Zaix
Jun 18, 2012, 08:11 AM
There is a maximum number characters (10 or 12 maybe) over all servers.

It's 12 max.

DemonMike
Jun 18, 2012, 08:16 AM
What I find interesting is that this means there's a lock on trading between characters (except for My Shop, of course) until the game starts and the AC packages are available.

I presumed that because they were opening My Room and stuff to every one during pre-open and open that they were essentially making our accounts into premium accounts temporarily, boy was I wrong when I wanted to trade a PA disc to the Force in my party!

MrTurkleton
Jun 18, 2012, 08:43 AM
Great information, thank you :D

Interesting on the symbol art, pre-open beta stuff can't be imported. Wonder what was changed in the pre-open beta?

Now I need to start planning snacks and drinks for the 21st!

If my theory is correct you still might be able to. There are two different symbol art folders. One from the pre beta, one for the final. If the file structure itself hasnt changed any then moving the cached data from the pre beta into the closed beta folder should allow for import. In theory of course.

I will test in open beta :P

Gama
Jun 18, 2012, 09:08 AM
Time to start designing some symbol art XD

you can design symbol art outside of the game? o.o

that would be so awsome.... for some reason pso2 gets crazy if i input my wacom pen

eharima
Jun 19, 2012, 09:27 AM
you can design symbol art outside of the game? o.o

that would be so awsome.... for some reason pso2 gets crazy if i input my wacom pen

It was asked for, but i think it will be an advanced feature in the android ios versions..

Gama
Jun 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
i guess ill have to translate the symbol chat interface.... i didn't like very much

ill just see what each thingi does and then note it... i dont know japanese to really translate it xD

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
I saw some mighty impressive symbol art. Anime characters, the KFC colonel, Sonic & Knuckles... I don't know how people do it.