PDA

View Full Version : Guilds/Clans/Families

Geistarm
Jun 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm just wondering if there are any news on a Guild/Clan or family system announced. I believe it would beneficial to the game as well as us English speaking players. I know we already have a block dedicated to us, but a Guild would make getting a Group with fellow English players easier. If this has already been discuss, I'm sorry for repeating the Subject.
Thank you,
Cassy

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Yes, there's a guild system in-game.

However, I won't be joining any specific 'group', as I consider the PSOW community one giant 'guild' that I'm already a part of.

jaychaulives
Jun 18, 2012, 11:42 AM
there might be benefit to guild. We can form a PSOW guild? I can speak, read and type Japanese so I can help guildies in translation

Geistarm
Jun 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
We could make a PSOW guild, but it all depends on how many member slots there are available.

Peejay
Jun 18, 2012, 11:46 AM
I think it caps out at 60 or something stupid.

There's a hardcore guild that Porkmaster will be heading called either "Lavis Cannon Disco" or "Rose-Arachnid", and apparently there's another casual-grade one in the works.

jaychaulives
Jun 18, 2012, 11:50 AM
is there any requirement to join, like filling out application?

Crimson Exile
Jun 18, 2012, 12:17 PM
I think it caps out at 60 or something stupid.

There's a hardcore guild that Porkmaster will be heading called either "Lavis Cannon Disco" or "Rose-Arachnid", and apparently there's another casual-grade one in the works.

Cap is 100 if I recall correctly.

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
I'll definitely be joining a guild.
I'm so use to joining the most hardcore grind guilds in other mmos, but since I actually enjoy PSO2 I might just go casual.

Decisions decisions. x-x
+1 To making a PSOW guild though. :3

Gama
Jun 18, 2012, 12:46 PM
why not make a guild of guilds?

i mean

since the cap of each guild is 100, create various guilds that work on the same community?

then give a silly name to each.

NoiseHERO
Jun 18, 2012, 12:51 PM

i mean

since the cap of each guild is 100, create various guilds that work on the same community?

So then everyone has to be connected?

Under one big superior guild?

and everyone is just some brainless tool that does the guild's bidding!

AND WE ALL FALL APART AND HAVE CLONE WARS? BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS THE SAME STUPID LABEL AND THEY DON'T THINK OR ACT OUTSIDE OF THEIR PRECIOUS GUILD, THEY MAY AS WELL BE CLONES!

I guess I'll have to get my light saber and save everyone's dumb ass!

Peejay
Jun 18, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cap is 100 if I recall correctly.

You might be right. I think I'm still thinking of RO.

Gama
Jun 18, 2012, 01:05 PM

AND WE ALL FALL APART AND HAVE CLONE WARS? BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS THE SAME STUPID LABEL AND THEY DON'T THINK OR ACT OUTSIDE OF THEIR PRECIOUS GUILD, THEY MAY AS WELL BE CLONES!

confusing your post has been. hmm

it was a suggestion tho.

guilds would make people more guild centered though. guess ill do what i did on psobb and keep the hell out of guilds.

buri-chan
Jun 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
Never bothered to notice; was there some sorta guild speak option? I was only ever personable during POBT.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 01:12 PM
guilds would make people more guild centered though.

^This is what I mean. If there's too many guilds, the English community will eventually split due to different guild goals or ideals. That's why I won't be joining one, and hopefully there won't be too many.

and yes, there was "group chat" (guild chat).

NoiseHERO
Jun 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
I SHALL BE THE LEADER OF THE PSOW GUILD!

Enforcer MKV
Jun 18, 2012, 01:29 PM
I think I'll just freelance for a bit, myself.

pikachief
Jun 18, 2012, 01:31 PM

well until they execute order 66 that is :P

Peejay
Jun 18, 2012, 01:51 PM
For me, though, guilds are nice. It's a smaller group of people I feel I can more closely connect with, if we have similar goals and the like. It doesn't exclusively prevent me from running with others, but it's still a nice feature.

I think so, anyways. There's no competitive elements so far, so it's nice.

moorebounce
Jun 18, 2012, 01:57 PM
You can always go PSOW1, 2 and 3 and so on. Even PSOWA, B and C and so on for PSOW guild names when you reach the cap.

lol which reminds me in the early 90s when Ice Cube was big he brought out the group Da Lench Mob and they blew up. Well in a Guss Macker 3 on 3 tournament we had one year everybody tried to name their team "Da Lench Mob" The higher ups in Guss Macker just started putting numbers then letters at the end of the teams that had the same name.

Digs
Jun 18, 2012, 03:18 PM

i mean

I really like this idea.
One head guild of 6 or so members that act as the branch guilds owners/connection to the other guild heads. Head guild also allows access to other higher ranking individuals in the branch guilds to act as secondary relays to the head guild masters when this individuals branch guild head master is unavailable.

That's my rough input on your idea, could use some work. ^^;

AlMcFly
Jun 18, 2012, 04:30 PM
Well originally in PSO, wasn't the main function of a team more like a point-scoring collaboration? Then they had leaderboards comparing each team to each other? It really didn't change your game a whole lot since you were just running missions that you would have been running regardless to score points . Anyone remember how the leaderboard rewards were set up?

Vintasticvin
Jun 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
Im with Olaf and Rock on the whole guild thing. I am total against it besides Rock is right what will eventualy happen is the branches are gonna turn into factions and the factions are going to turn into seperate guilds then the fighting is gonna get uglier and stupider. Its good enough we literaly claimed a server :p

Zaix
Jun 18, 2012, 05:03 PM
To me it seems like "factions" will occur either way. If we don't make a full guild system, people will form there own guilds and we'll wind up split up anyways.

So I guess the question is how soon do you want to see "factions?"

mhjc
Jun 18, 2012, 05:10 PM
Well originally in PSO, wasn't the main function of a team more like a point-scoring collaboration? Then they had leaderboards comparing each team to each other? It really didn't change your game a whole lot since you were just running missions that you would have been running regardless to score points . Anyone remember how the leaderboard rewards were set up?

The point scoring thing was hawking your Rares (red boxes) into points that contributed to the team, by giving perks (iirc) usually towards more player slots. Something like a DB saber would be worth 1 point, and then something like 12 star would be 10 points or something. I don't recall there being leaderboard rewards apart from the JP version with some goal in mind for special items. I don't think they'd do the same again...

I rather not see the faction thing happen, but it is bound to happen at some point for one reason or another.

AlMcFly
Jun 18, 2012, 05:19 PM
The point scoring thing was hawking your Rares (red boxes) into points that contributed to the team, by giving perks (iirc) usually towards more player slots. Something like a DB saber would be worth 1 point, and then something like 12 star would be 10 points or something. I don't recall there being leaderboard rewards apart from the JP version with some goal in mind for special items. I don't think they'd do the same again...

Aw yeah, it's all coming back to me now. The team-points leaderboard feature in the game I think was purely for bragging rights.

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 05:41 PM
Whether we form many guilds or sparse guilds, we are a small community right now.
I dont' think there will be so much seperation of fractions if we are running into the same face within every other turn of the head.

While you say forming guilds will cause fractions, it will also make people within that guild feel more connected; it's a double-edged sword.

I've never not been in a guild in any of the mmos I've played, so to me NOT being in a guild feels very awkward to me. :c

Zaix
Jun 18, 2012, 05:53 PM
There will be factions, but there will be those people that just have to be part of something bigger. I say we should just form some PSOW Team network thing that some mentioned. In the long run this may be the best thing we can do.

We just need the right leaders. (Prominent PSOW members? Maybe. Some might not be the best choices though when it comes to leading.) We should put together a list of people that are best suited for leading PSOW into PSO2. Make some polls. Get all this together before Thursday. A lot of us don't have much better things to do right now.

Jagalun
Jun 18, 2012, 05:53 PM
Whether we form many guilds or sparse guilds, we are a small community right now.
I dont' think there will be so much seperation of fractions if we are running into the same face within every other turn of the head.

While you say forming guilds will cause fractions, it will also make people within that guild feel more connected; it's a double-edged sword.

I've never not been in a guild in any of the mmos I've played, so to me NOT being in a guild feels very awkward to me. :c

I feel the same way. I have always been in guilds and becoming friends with people I feel is very important in an MMO. Becoming close and making connections with new people i feel is part of the experience when playing a new game. Guilds bring people together and really raise the overall appeal of the game. Playing and talking to people while playing games just makes them for fun and keeps bring you back for more. Idk this is how I have always felt about MMO's and any game in general. If I dont have people to play with or talk to I loss interest pretty fast :p

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
I feel the same way. I have always been in guilds and becoming friends with people I feel is very important in an MMO. Becoming close and making connections with new people i feel is part of the experience when playing a new game. Guilds bring people together and really raise the overall appeal of the game. Playing and talking to people while playing games just makes them for fun and keeps bring you back for more. Idk this is how I have always felt about MMO's and any game in general. If I dont have people to play with or talk to I loss interest pretty fast :p

I feel the EXACT same way. ^^
It's a little silly to not be in a guild I think, but that's just me.

There will be factions, but there will be those people that just have to be part of something bigger. I say we should just form some PSOW Team network thing that some mentioned. In the long run this may be the best thing we can do.

We just need the right leaders. (Prominent PSOW members? Maybe. Some might not be the best choices though when it comes to leading.) We should put together a list of people that are best suited for leading PSOW into PSO2. Make some polls. Get all this together before Thursday. A lot of us don't have much better things to do right now.

+100000
Someone go make a poll now!

AlMcFly
Jun 18, 2012, 06:05 PM
The way I played PSO/PSU didn't really require teams/guilds. I was extremely selective about giving out partner cards. I gave partner cards to the small group of people I partied with literally almost every time I logged in. If I didn't see a partner card friend for a few months, I deleted them. If I had your partner card, you were literally in my regular team :)

Lintor
Jun 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
To me it seems like "factions" will occur either way. If we don't make a full guild system, people will form there own guilds and we'll wind up split up anyways.

So I guess the question is how soon do you want to see "factions?"

Right away. There are too many people to even WANT to be in a single guild.
Make a guild subforum, and let it play out. So long as we keep it civil.

I am one of those guys who doesn't want to be member #67 of a guild, and while I can be prominent enough to move up to whatever, I'd really rather just have my own guild, or at least be up there at the top (often I let someone more enthusiastic actually lead).

This is where I miss the Guild Wars alliance system actually...

Zaix
Jun 18, 2012, 06:14 PM
Right away. There are too many people to even WANT to be in a single guild.
Make a guild subforum, and let it play out. So long as we keep it civil.

PSO2 needs to become a full fledged forum before it can start having sub-forums. Hello Mods!

Lintor
Jun 18, 2012, 06:19 PM
PSO2 needs to become a full fledged forum before it can start having sub-forums. Hello Mods!

Actually I'm pretty sure vBulliten lets you do sub-sub forums. That is a great idea.

Vintasticvin
Jun 18, 2012, 06:44 PM
For those going with the plan I wish y'all the best and I'll hoping things stay civil :3

Zaix
Jun 19, 2012, 12:13 PM
Bump! Only because this seems like an important topic that just fell off page one to be forgotten.

Kise
Jun 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
Not forgotten. Just

However, I won't be joining any specific 'group', as I consider the PSOW community one giant 'guild' that I'm already a part of.

/thread