PDA

View Full Version : help , i'm going mad!

exodusrayne
Jun 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
I'm going mad.. i update the game , it took 6 hours , and then got an error ( 103 , i don't remember ) and , boom.
Started update again ( from the beginning ) and... BOOM! Error again.
So , anyone have a manual patch download?

MasterSpark
Jun 18, 2012, 03:00 PM
Do not fret, for it is likely that the patching is being resumed every time that you restart the updating process. Take a look at the win32 folder found in Documents / SEGA / PSO2 / Downloads / Data (I think). That's where the patching dumps files to your system, and it won't try to download ones it already have when you start it up again.

Edit: I'm not sure which error 103 is, though..

exodusrayne
Jun 18, 2012, 03:12 PM
ok , so?
How can i resume patching from the point wich the updater got the error?

MasterSpark
Jun 18, 2012, 03:13 PM
Keep an eye on how many objects there are in that win32 folder. Restart the update, give it a little while to catch up on things, and then see if any more files are being added to the folder. If it's true, then at least it's still going in the right direction.

exodusrayne
Jun 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
that's the strange. I'm not idiot, and i know that if i restart an updater , the update process restart from the last point.
The download folder became smaller if i keep restart it. From 1,8 GB to 1,6 GB.

Leica
Jun 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
You can download the patch from the Pre-Open Beta here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_QzBMicjmQwRS10SkcyaEh4NXM

^^ It worked perfectly for me after I accidentally uninstalled the entire thing. XD

Axelian
Jun 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
Yes it's true. Get the pre-patched one.

The setup you get straight from the PSO2.jp site gives you a whole lot of errors.

I downloaded the pre-patched one and it downloaded straight through with no connection errors.

exodusrayne
Jun 18, 2012, 04:23 PM
i will try , thanks

zOObie1
Jun 18, 2012, 09:51 PM
Do you use an anti virus? If so, you should try disabling it before updating. I remember people have problems with this in Closed Beta. Avast was particularly the bad guy of the bunch.