PDA

View Full Version : Can we initiate a petition for an english version?

Graven
Jun 18, 2012, 06:07 PM
So guys, i gotta say, this is my most antecipated game since long time, i'm glad it's already here and that it's free, but, unfortunately, no news about a possible western release. So i was thinking about, if we could start a petition about an english version of the game, in fact, i don't care if the server is in Japan or in the west, my main concern is the fact that Japanese is the only language available...I know there is already unoficial translation patches in the works, and i give the props for that, but, even them it's not the same as an oficial support. So the petition could be for at least one of 2 purposes:

1. Try to get them to localize the game, outside Japan.
2. Implement english as an optional language in the current client.

I know this kind of thing might not work, but, i think it's at least worth the try. I'm willing to commit in this effort, i have accounts in other sites and forums over the web, and i'm willing to spread the word.

So, should we try?

Thx in advance.

Zaix
Jun 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
It's not like it will hurt our chances. So I'm in.

AlMcFly
Jun 18, 2012, 06:15 PM
It's not like it will hurt our chances. So I'm in.

Agreed. I don't think it will hurt anything. Though imo this may be a bit premature. Open Beta is barely on the verge of starting in Japan. It is likely an English localization or translation is already planned to happen regardless.

buri-chan
Jun 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
Whatever, man. Online petitions are always a waste of time, and the chances are high enough already, so if you want something to do while you wait for OPT, g'head.

LadyAngie
Jun 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
I don't see why there wouldn't be an English localization. Honestly, I feel that there's nothing to even worry about.

Thermalwolf
Jun 18, 2012, 06:22 PM
I kind of agree with buri. It's kind of pointless. Though its no harm it's just that it's pretty much a guarantee there will be a localized version as there are programmed american lobby events and english credits, plus an option to change the language from within the client launcher.

Yeah I think its safe to say it's going to be localized and it's just to early for Sega to say anything. In all respect Sega technically doesn't know 100% if this is going to be a hit. Yes we are all loving it but that doesn't mean everyone will. I think it's just safe business practice just incase the title were to somehow flop and this way people can't hate and be like "But you said you were!!!" kind of ordeal.

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah, petition can't hurt but like Thermalwolf said, there's already an option in the client to change languages, it just hasn't been activated yet. I'm sure we will see an English version soon anyway.

Vylera
Jun 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
I've lost the link, but there was a translated interview on some person's blog where SEGA stated that they planned on publishing PSO2 worldwide, but they haven't quite figured out the schedule for it, yet.

So an online petition will pretty much only prove our ignorance.

Graven
Jun 18, 2012, 06:32 PM
Agreed. I don't think it will hurt anything. Though imo this may be a bit premature. Open Beta is barely on the verge of starting in Japan. It is likely an English localization or translation is already planned to happen regardless.

That's true, should we wait till the Japanese oficial release then? to see if they say something about it after that?

People seem quite confident about this game getting a english version. I guess we should wait for now then.

Let's see how things fare, if the odds don't appear to be good in the future, we can try to support this idea.

Thank you

Thermalwolf
Jun 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
If Sega says they are not going to localize, then you can start a petition :P

ashley50
Jun 18, 2012, 06:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1339823676401.jpg
Whatever makes you feel better.