PDA

View Full Version : Question for keyboard+mouse players

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 06:40 PM
I'm wondering if any of the keyboard+mouse players out there have been using/are planning on using any sort of mouse or keyboard based macros/hotkeys/quick-keys in their PSO2 playing. Being a keyboard/mouse player, I've been experimenting with it a bit, and I've found a few that I have been getting used to. Anyone else?

FenixStryk
Jun 18, 2012, 06:44 PM
I'm not using any macros that would require a specific keyboard or program, and I can't think of any that are explicitly necessary... although, you could possibly get some mileage out of a Wavedash macro.

ashley50
Jun 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
I don't plan on using any.

Seems unnecessary imo.

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 06:49 PM
While I don't see them as a necessity, I have enjoyed experimenting with them. Seems like it'd be most useful for the FO's, really. I can't imagine many HU's needing them, but for stuff like group buffs and things like that, they can be handy.

Rizen
Jun 18, 2012, 06:51 PM
I personally don't see a need for one as of yet, but I can say that it would be more useful for a force who has more useful spells than they can put in a reasonable reach.

If any, I would use a Razer Naga (which I bought for my brother who doesn't use....) to keep everything in order so that I can keep all my actions to my right hand and keep all my movements with my left. 12 extra buttons on the mouse would be great!

Rhypht
Jun 18, 2012, 07:01 PM
I personally don't see a need for one as of yet, but I can say that it would be more useful for a force who has more useful spells than they can put in a reasonable reach.

If any, I would use a Razer Naga (which I bought for my brother who doesn't use....) to keep everything in order so that I can keep all my actions to my right hand and keep all my movements with my left. 12 extra buttons on the mouse would be great!

Yeah, I've been keeping stuff like a Resta key bound, so that I can hit something that will call the appropriate key for Resta, charge it for the appropriate time, and then cast it. Makes it much easier to cast spells from cards, since you have to also focus on card throwing placement and catching them mid-air.

renrinken
Jun 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
I'm wondering if any of the keyboard+mouse players out there have been using/are planning on using any sort of mouse or keyboard based macros/hotkeys/quick-keys in their PSO2 playing. Being a keyboard/mouse player, I've been experimenting with it a bit, and I've found a few that I have been getting used to. Anyone else?

I doubt anyone will develop any addons (or able to) that would fully utalize heavy keybinding mouse.

PSO2 really isnt a game that requires heavy keybindings anyways.

Vylera
Jun 18, 2012, 08:37 PM
Didn't toy with macros at all.

I was very comfortable with the default control settings (which is rare).

I'd say the biggest improvement since PSO1/BB is how easy it is to swap between weapons now. Thank GOD.

Mag-X
Jun 18, 2012, 09:51 PM
Keyboard and mouse works perfect for rangers and hunters, but it sucked trying to play as a force. I needed three hands. I think I'll be buying one of those fancy zillion button mice before I try playing as a force again.

FenixStryk
Jun 18, 2012, 09:56 PM
Keyboard and mouse works perfect for rangers and hunters, but it sucked trying to play as a force. I needed three hands.Really? I felt right at home playing Force on KB&M. Mapped Resta to 4 and had a Rod, Talis and Gunslash on my palettes. The only buttons I really use heavily are Left/Right Mouse, Mouse Wheel Up/Down, Shift Toggle, Jump, Dash and Resta on 4.

Mapping the same Rod/Talis to your palette more than once helps. Gives you an extra three~four Tech slots with the same weapon.

Rizen
Jun 18, 2012, 10:12 PM
This is what I am thinking...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1950&stc=1&d=1340074776

First Row - Fire Techs
1 - Foie
2 - Gifoie
3 - Rafoie

Second Row - Ice Techs
4 - Barta
5 - Gibarta
6 - Rabarta

Third Row - Lightning Techs
7 - Zonde
8 - Gizonde / Sazonde
9 - Razonde

Four Row - Support
10 - Resta
11 - Shift
12 - Deband

mctastee
Jun 18, 2012, 10:24 PM
I don't plan on using any.

Seems unnecessary imo.
Agreed. I can't even think of how you could make macros work with such simple controls anyway.

FenixStryk
Jun 18, 2012, 10:31 PM
Agreed. I can't even think of how you could make macros work with such simple controls anyway.While not required, macros could still be used to simplify things like switching between weapons (one-button palette swaps instead of fiddling with the mouse wheel) and getting more precise timing on certain things you do constantly (Instant Air Dash, Wavedash, Charged Techs, etc.)

I very seriously doubt you need a 12-button mouse just to wield a Force's arsenal, though.. if anything, you're putting too much responsibility on your right thumb with that contrivance.

Rizen
Jun 18, 2012, 10:33 PM
That is true, but theorycrafting here. Have to entertain the OP's thoughts through all the naysayers. :)

Metsume
Jun 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm actually surprised how quickly I got used to using the mouse and keyboard. My first intention was to play with a controller, but now, I'd take the speed and accuracy of the mouse for Force class any day. I feel like it's the better way to go once you get used to it.

As for macros, I was actually thinking of getting some kind of mouse like the ones shown, with a few buttons placed on the sides. I was already spending quite a bit of time each mission playing with the mouse options, seeing which ones worked best. At one point, I had the mouse wheel set to cycle through my sub-palette and clicking the mouse wheel would use the tech/item on that palette. It worked for a bit, but I'm thinking that setup might work better with one of those spiffy mice. hahah

Soul Guardian
Jun 18, 2012, 10:56 PM
Keyboard and mouse works perfect for rangers and hunters, but it sucked trying to play as a force. I needed three hands. I think I'll be buying one of those fancy zillion button mice before I try playing as a force again.

You mean it sucked for you trying to play as force. I've been playing FOnewearl in CB and Pre-OB, and had zero problems with it using a keyboard and two button mouse. I personally can't find any value in macros or such, since there's using the weapon mapped techs is no problem and using the pallet quick buttons on the keyboard doesn't give me trouble.

Rizen
Jun 18, 2012, 10:57 PM
I never actually tried this, but can you bind melee skills to keyboard? Or do they have to be in chain? I believe ranged skills can, but I haven't tried.

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 02:06 AM
I'm pretty sure that melee PAs have to be in the chain, while ranged PAs have to be in one of the weapon's three slots but you can use whichever at any given time.

For the activation abilities from the skill tree, you can keybind them in the same way as items. Not actually sure if you even can put them on a weapon.

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 02:55 AM
This is what I am thinking...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1950&stc=1&d=1340074776

This is the exact mouse I have, Razer Naga with a blue glow. With all those buttons, I really don't need macros either. I love Ranger in third person mode. Epic feel.

Spellbinder
Jun 19, 2012, 03:00 AM
I'm playing on a laptop, but this makes me want a keyboard with lots of macro buttons now. lol