PDA

View Full Version : Will the "Beast" race be added?

MetalestX
Jun 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
3 Moar Days!!!!

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 08:31 PM
What the fu-

No, probably not.

But apparently Dumans might make a return.

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 08:41 PM
I sure hope not.

Zorafim
Jun 18, 2012, 08:45 PM
Really, there shouldn't be anything that beasts can do that newmans shouldn't. They have the exact same backstory.

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 08:46 PM
Numans have the same backstory. Newmans do not.

Zorafim
Jun 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
I hate how your technicality is correct.

Sinue_v2
Jun 18, 2012, 08:56 PM
Numans have the same backstory. Newmans do not.

Beasts were genetically modified humans created to be slave race.

Newmans were genetically modified humans created to exploit the properties of photons and further their research.

Numans were genetically modified humans created to be biosoldiers that could be mass produced/mature quickly, assist in the genocide of all native Algolians, then die out within a few years time.

They all have different back stories. They all have the same back story.

Zorafim
Jun 18, 2012, 08:56 PM
I think beasts could have been awesome if not for the fact that they wore fleshy clothing. The cool thing about them is that they're half animal. That's kind of moot when they all wear rave clothes.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
sorry guis but doomins are just way 2 sxy, i'd much rather da doomins den dose beests

they were broken as shit in infinity though

Strider_M
Jun 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
I liked the beasts; Nano Blasts Baby!

r00tabaga
Jun 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
i KNOW DUMANS WERE FOUND IN THE DATAMINING, AND i THOUGHT BEASTS WERE RUMORED TO BE ADDED IN A FUTURE EXPANSION. God damn CAPS lock.....derp-

zOObie1
Jun 18, 2012, 09:55 PM
i KNOW DUMANS WERE FOUND IN THE DATAMINING, AND i THOUGHT BEASTS WERE RUMORED TO BE ADDED IN A FUTURE EXPANSION. God damn CAPS lock.....derp-

Backspace?

Anyway, I hope they don't add Beasts and even hybrid classes. I don't want a sequel to PSU. I want a sequel to the best Phantasy Star game, PSO.

MetalestX
Jun 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
Y not combine them to make something unique?

Fujiko
Jun 18, 2012, 10:03 PM
I hope they don't put Beasts or Dumans in. That was PSU, this is PSO2, save them for PSU2 if one is made.

Hybrid/advanced classes seem inevitable. I mean each class as it is can only equip 2 unique weapon types, with only forces being able to use spells.

Most people consider Phantasy Star 4 to be the best Phantasy Star game :D

BIG OLAF
Jun 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
I hope they don't put Beasts or Dumans in. That was PSU, this is PSO2, save them for PSU2 if one is made.

Hybrid/advanced classes seem inevitable. I mean each class as it is can only equip 2 unique weapon types, with only forces being able to use spells.

Most people consider Phantasy Star 4 to be the best Phantasy Star game :D

Duman data has been datamined from the game, so you may be a bit disappointed down the road, if people's hunches are correct.

pikachief
Jun 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
Y not combine them to make something unique?

Beast have high HP and ATP
Dumans have Low HP and higher ATP

Beast can transform into strong monsters to kill everything
Dumans transform into stronger versions of themselves to kill everything.

Since they wouldn't be doing in that game since we have mags instead now, the only thing you'd get from combining them would be hairy humans with eye patches and high ATP.

P.S. I want beasts in PSO2 D:

NoiseHERO
Jun 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
That was PSU, this is PSO2

This mentality will leave you with disappoint at this... point... in the game's development.

MetalestX
Jun 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
Interesting :P but still I guess it all depends on how much money they make off the game which means i might get my wish :P
So haha D:<

Gardios
Jun 18, 2012, 11:27 PM
Having never played any PS game before I think beasts are kinda cool and wouldn't mind having them...

terrell707
Jun 18, 2012, 11:32 PM
Since they wouldn't be doing in that game since we have mags instead now, the only thing you'd get from combining them would be hairy humans with eye patches and high ATP.

P.S. I want beasts in PSO2 D:

They could just make a skill that does something similar to nanoblasting since this game actually has skills that aren't techs now.

Rei-San
Jun 18, 2012, 11:42 PM
I hope beasts come back. They were my favorite race. I had to put cat ears on my 2nd main to compencate.

Well, what if they made a new animal-like race thst's more animal-like to "replace" beasts? Then would you all care? :-? Its not a sequel to PSU if they have a new race... Newmans and Numans are apparently different games. >_>

... Just give me my favorite race... And if Dumans return then please fix their DEF stats. Or at least make their ATK stronger than beasts.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 18, 2012, 11:48 PM
so much unnecessary hate on Beasts....really many people hated them, and for no real logical reason. Most of the time you just got the reasons "damn furries" sad really.....

Sinue_v2
Jun 19, 2012, 12:16 AM
so much unnecessary hate on Beasts....really many people hated them, and for no real logical reason. Most of the time you just got the reasons "damn furries" sad really.....

Why would there be a logical reason to hate a slight statistic variance and minor texture swap? For what they brought to the story? Yeah, they sucked, but it's not like they were the fly in an otherwise unbelievably delicious gourmet soup? PSU sucked a big stiff one on so many levels, and the way they fucked up the atmosphere and storylines of the games was too thorough to lay the blame on the Beasts shoulders. One of the few improvements they didn't make for PSP2, but hey, at least I ignore most of the 4kids generic animu trope and enjoy a game which is otherwise now genuinely pretty fucking good.

I don't like Beasts, and I'd rather not see them in PSO2. But I'm not going to be butthurt about it if they are. They're not going to ruin the game by any means.

Rei-San
Jun 19, 2012, 12:47 AM
There existence really had nothing to do with how bad the story sucked. They existed as newmans and casts did. To serve a propose for humans. The story was bad. I liked the characters but the plot was so typical it..... ugh...

As far as their apperance go, your right. I hated how beasts were nothing more than humans with (barely) different ears. I hope that if they do come back, the look more animal in appearance. At least give them tails.

EvilMag
Jun 19, 2012, 03:56 AM
Beasts were cool because it was either them or Casts because Humans and Newmans sucked a million dicks since they lacked some kind of "Photon Blast". Of course I'm talking about Pre-PSP2 and Pre-Update 3rd PSU.

Do I want them in PSO2? No. The last thing I want is a bunch of people that get angry and butthurt if I just say the word "furry".

Pyrii
Jun 19, 2012, 04:07 AM
I still have no idea what/who Dumans are...

mhjc
Jun 19, 2012, 04:10 AM
I still have no idea what/who Dumans are...

Humans infected by SEED. That's about all you need to know. Their abilities are glass cannon types, strong attacks in both MST and ATP but weak defensive capabilities.

ashley50
Jun 19, 2012, 04:11 AM
Animals are not allowed inside the game.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 19, 2012, 04:18 AM
Beasts? Sorry, I do not recognize this word at all.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 19, 2012, 07:57 AM
Well at least we got cat/fox ears in the game already, that is a start. There is nothing wrong with diversity, and that's what more races add.

Gardios
Jun 19, 2012, 08:22 AM
Animals are not allowed inside the game.
But rappies! Think of the rappies!

LatinWolf
Jun 19, 2012, 12:50 PM

kinda funny, I often see a large portion of the PSO/PSU fan base to be a bunch of Weabos. every singled out group will always find another group to discriminate on.