PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions About Skills

IndigoNovember
Jun 18, 2012, 09:54 PM
I realize this is a bit early on, but I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on a few questions I had:

1. Do we know which is more effective, pure stat boosts (ie Tech Attack Up) or percentage boosts (ie Tech Charged Advance)?

2. How exactly does AutoMate Half-Line work? When it gets triggered, do you stop and use a monomate? Or does it work in a manner similar to the Mag auto heal, where it heals you as you move around.

Any information would be appreciated.

FenixStryk
Jun 18, 2012, 10:26 PM
There is old information on the JP wiki that might still be accurate regarding skill tree boosts. You can check out the wiki here: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?FrontPage (Chrome's built-in Translate to English feature is helpful if you are not fluent)

AutoMate Half-Line has a low % chance to automatically use a mate without any sort of animation when your HP dips below 50%. According to the wiki, it's around a ~60% chance at Level 10... upping your damage is probably the better option.

Lumir
Jun 18, 2012, 10:47 PM
1. Pure stats and % stats have always been an interesting mathematical situation for me at least. The best way I have decided on it is by taking my base damage with a % stat and comparing it with the pure stats.

Ex. 500 base atk, with a 10% stat added to that 500 = 550
Ex. 500 base atk, with a 25 pure atk stat added to that 500 = 525

2. From what I have researched the AutoMate has too low of a % chance to PROC to be of value.

IndigoNovember
Jun 18, 2012, 11:16 PM
AutoMate Half-Line has a low % chance to automatically use a mate without any sort of animation when your HP dips below 50%. According to the wiki, it's around a ~60% chance at Level 10... upping your damage is probably the better option.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't some horrible skill which would auto force you to stand there and take a swig in the middle of a boss fight. Even so, it certainly does not seem to be too useful.

1. Pure stats and % stats have always been an interesting mathematical situation for me at least. The best way I have decided on it is by taking my base damage with a % stat and comparing it with the pure stats.

Ex. 500 base atk, with a 10% stat added to that 500 = 550
Ex. 500 base atk, with a 25 pure atk stat added to that 500 = 525

That would certainly coincide with the placement of the percentage bonuses usually being lower on the tree than the pure stat bonuses.

Thanks for the information guys.