PDA

View Full Version : How does leveling up multiple classes work?

pso123hrf
Jun 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
Starting off, are there separate levels for the character and the class?

Lets say, assuming there are individual levels for classes, I level force to 10. I add skills to increased PP. Then I decided to level ranger to level 5 and add increased accuracy. Am I able to get the bonuses for both or only when I have a class selected?

Or is it too early to know?

terrell707
Jun 18, 2012, 11:34 PM
Yes, to separate levels.
No, to getting bonuses. Only affects class selected.

Coatl
Jun 18, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hm..I'm pretty sure that the distributions only count towards that individual class.

Blackheart521
Jun 18, 2012, 11:36 PM
If you are level 20 as a force and change to a hunter you will be level 1 again as a hunter, job level is basically character level... there may be a subclass system implemented but nobody knows for sure and it won't be there on release as far as we know. but as of now, your stats as a hunter don't help you in any way when you switch to a force or ranger. ^^;

pikachief
Jun 18, 2012, 11:37 PM
there are no character levels, only class levels.

If your ranger is lvl 5 you get 5 SP for your ranger class. The ranger skill tree is only active when you are the ranger class.

Same for Force. If you got your force to lvl 10 and your ranger to level 5, if you're playing as force your force skill tree is active with it's own set of SP.

Soul Guardian
Jun 18, 2012, 11:38 PM
Your class level is your character level. If you level Force to 30, then switch to Hunter which you never leveled, you'll be Lv1. But if you switch back to force, you'll be 30 again. Currently only you only get the bonuses of your currently equipped class.

FenixStryk
Jun 18, 2012, 11:38 PM
The class you pick in the Character Creator is the class you start as, but you can switch at the Skill counter at any time. Each class has its own level and Skill Tree; nothing is shared beyond storage and appearance. If you hit Lv.30 on Force and then swap to Hunter, you are Lv.1 again, with Lv.1 Hunter stats and access to only PAs a Lv.1 Hunter should be able to use.

In simplest terms, it's like having three identical-looking but otherwise separate characters that you can switch between outside of missions.