PDA

View Full Version : How do you configure the highest graphics settings?

MrFortegunner
Jun 19, 2012, 12:51 AM
I know how to get there, and I've set the thing to be full screen 1080p with unlimited fps. I set the scroll-y thing to 5 (assuming that it referred to how good the graphics would be). Is there any other settings I'm missing to abuse the power of my great gaming labtop?

buri-chan
Jun 19, 2012, 12:54 AM
Only things left really are interface zoom and bgm, so yeah, that should be it.

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 01:09 AM
Yeah I want to know how to set it so I can see other people's characters instead of gray people. I tried to turn down my graphics but I still want to see people's characters.

pikachief
Jun 19, 2012, 01:16 AM
Yeah I want to know how to set it so I can see other people's characters instead of gray people. I tried to turn down my graphics but I still want to see people's characters.

no if you turn the bar down it'll make it so that you see less people. Less people means less work for your computer.

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 01:18 AM
There is an option for the number of characters that the game can display, though what the max is changes depending on the computer (for some reason). The default is 30 and some people can set it up to 120 though.

It's an in-game setting by the way, not through the launcher settings.

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 01:33 AM
There is an option for the number of characters that the game can display, though what the max is changes depending on the computer (for some reason). The default is 30 and some people can set it up to 120 though.

It's an in-game setting by the way, not through the launcher settings.

Thank you.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 19, 2012, 04:44 AM
In the in-game options there is also an option to turn on "Soft Particles"

This will make the particles.... softer ;)

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 07:25 AM
In the in-game options there is also an option to turn on "Soft Particles"

This will make the particles.... softer ;)

Do you know how to get to these in-game settings?

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 08:38 AM
In-game (when the open beta starts), in the Esc menu, click in the gears icon, and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the middle option.
The window that appears next is the in-game options window (the one in the screen blow), I don't remember exactly where's the graphics options, but I think it's the 4th submenu.

http://pso2.jp/players/manual/menu/mmenu/option/image/screenshot/06-02-01.jpg

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
I think they're also the second or third option within the initial menu of the main client, after the title screen and beta ToS information.

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 09:07 AM
In-game (when the open beta starts), in the Esc menu, click in the gears icon, and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the middle option.
The window that appears next is the in-game options window (the one in the screen blow), I don't remember exactly where's the graphics options, but I think it's the 4th submenu.

http://pso2.jp/players/manual/menu/mmenu/option/image/screenshot/06-02-01.jpg

Thanks!!

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 09:29 AM
I think they're also the second or third option within the initial menu of the main client, after the title screen and beta ToS information.
It was in the character creator, but not in the pre-open beta.
In the pre-open beta one of the options is for the credits and the other opens a webpage.

Mracless
Jun 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
You can also open your user.pso2 file with notepad in "My Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2"

Edit the line

SoftParticle = false,
to
SoftParticle = true,

While you're in there, you might want to turn off the chat filter by changing

SmutFilter = true,
to
SmutFilter = false,

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 10:37 AM
I envy those of you with souped up rigs. I'm playing on a 3-year-old MacBook Pro, but y'know what? It runs fluidly on the lowest settings. Bravo to Sonic Team for their superb optimization.

oifjustus
Jun 19, 2012, 12:27 PM
Is there anyway to turn off say.. Shadows, Weather? Without the current options of turning down shaders? I want high deffinition textures.. but I want to turn off shadows and weather. Possible?