PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about PSO2 :)

Hachi
Jun 19, 2012, 09:11 AM
Heelo guys,

i played the pre-open beta and i have some unanswered questions :).

I created parties with passwords, and sometimes there was players / npc i don't know who spawned and help me, they were in grey color on the map, and they didn't appears on my UI above my name, so i guess it was npc, but i want your opinion :)

Second thing is, one of those guy use a technique that looked like grants (i love grants since PSO DC), since the talent tree are only fire / cold / lightning, is there other technique type like dark (megid) , light (grants) ? and maybe advanced talent for them :b ?

Also, the mag, i didn't have a mag at start, you get it from the story line / quest later maybe ?

Anyway i played 3 hours when it was the pre open beta, and it's way too long to wait the open beta Q.Q

See you later on PSO2 o/

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
The only question I can address is that you have to wait until level 10 to get a quest that allows you to get your first Mag as reward.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 19, 2012, 09:29 AM
Some areas are multi-team ares, you can run in to other players in large open areas pretty much, makes the game feel much more MMO than it was, best part, they can help you kill things.

Full open beta starts Thursday, two days away.

mhjc
Jun 19, 2012, 09:33 AM
The only question I can address is that you have to wait until level 10 to get a quest that allows you to get your first Mag as reward.

It was lowered to lv5 at some point (probably pre-beta). I was able to grab my mag during the pre-open beta.

TenebriS
Jun 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
There will ne dark and light spells. Closed beta already had a few light spells :)

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
Heelo guys,

i played the pre-open beta and i have some unanswered questions :).

I created parties with passwords, and sometimes there was players / npc i don't know who spawned and help me, they were in grey color on the map, and they didn't appears on my UI above my name, so i guess it was npc, but i want your opinion :)

Second thing is, one of those guy use a technique that looked like grants (i love grants since PSO DC), since the talent tree are only fire / cold / lightning, is there other technique type like dark (megid) , light (grants) ? and maybe advanced talent for them :b ?

Also, the mag, i didn't have a mag at start, you get it from the story line / quest later maybe ?

Anyway i played 3 hours when it was the pre open beta, and it's way too long to wait the open beta Q.Q

See you later on PSO2 o/
It was a multi-party area, where multiple parties can play together (up to a max of 12 players). Sometimes players from other parties may bring NPCs with them.

About techniques, the elements are fire, ice, lightning, wind, light and dark, but not all of the techniques were released during the closed beta (there were no wind or dark techniques in the closed beta, no idea about the pre-open beta though, it was too short to know if there's wind or dark techs already).

The mag is obtained in a client order at level 5. In the client order you must obtain 10 quest items from the red wolves (they appear as boxes similar to monomates, but yellow instead of green). The client order can be started in one of the quest counters, in this NPC:

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Coffy.jpg

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 09:38 AM
In order to block other parties in multi-party areas from running alongside you, it is I believe the second checkbox option underneath the password place when creating the party.

mhjc
Jun 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
In order to block other parties in multi-party areas from running alongside you, it is I believe the second checkbox option underneath the password place when creating the party.

http://pso2.jp/players/manual/preparations/quest/counter/image/screenshot/16-01-02.jpg

Yes, you're right. That option prevents other parties in the multi play area from joining.

Hachi
Jun 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Thank you for your answer :)

Oh well next time i'll check that box :)

Hachi
Jun 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
New questions for you guys who tested the game more than me, or browsed jp forum more than i do :b.

Is there talent tree for light / dark / win technique type ? or only fire / cold / lightning ?

Also i tried the skill planner, points cap is 30, how come :b ? it's the force lv like in PSU (like job lv) ?

And finally, lv cap is 200 like in PSO ver.2 / PSOBB / PSU ?

Sorry for asking those questions but oi'm pretty happy that my favorite game is back ;) .

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
Level 30 is just the first level cap we'll experience. It is expected to rise in intervals, and subsequently give us more skill points to allocate.

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
If I'm not mistaken so far there's nothing related to light/dark/wind techniques in the skill tree (most likely something will be added for those eventually).

About the points cap, we get 1 point per level, and in the open beta the level cap is going to be level 30. In the release version the level cap is going to be level 40, and through updates the level cap will be increased occasionally.

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
I have a few questions that I never got answers to while playing the beta.

Is there a way to grind weapons? Does armor have slots? What is a matterboard? How does one add points to his/her skill tree?

Thanks in advance.

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 10:35 AM

Is there a way to grind weapons? Does armor have slots? What is a matterboard? How does one add points to his/her skill tree?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026

Read the first post. It has information and a few links that may lead you to some of those answers.

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 10:41 AM

Thanks in advance.
I haven't experimented grinding in the PSO2 tests so can't really help with that.

There are no armors, just units, and there's 3 slots for the units, the back slot, arms slot and legs slot.

Matterboard is related to the story, you get an objective, like talking to an NPC, acquiring a certain weapon (they drop with an yellow glow), and once you complete the objective, you advance into the next one. Eventually you'll reach an objective that allows you to advance the story (in the closed beta, one of the yellow matterboard objectives started the Chapter 1 of the story).