PDA

View Full Version : Your starting class: HU,RA,FO

TecherRamen
Jun 19, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone, long time no see. So like many of you I am hyper stoked for the open beta test in just 2 days. However, unlike some I don't know what class I want to play. So I thought what would help me decide , and maybe help others too, is to know what kind of class everyone else is going to play. That way I'll know what's popular and good and also what class there is less of so that maybe I could contribute to a team in a more uncommon way.

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 10:07 AM
Ramar - Most of the previous projections are actually suggesting an even distribution among all classes. So go with your gut and pick the one you think you'd like best. If that doesn't work, flip a coin. It's how I operate :)

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
Hunter in the open beta, and in the release version I'll buy a 2nd character slot for a Force. Eventually I'll either buy a 3rd character slot for a Ranger, or if the english servers are separate from the japanese servers (with separate update schedules), I'll possibly have a Ranger in the english servers (I'll still play mostly in the japanese servers though, I bet SEGA of America is going to screw something up with the english version of PSO2).

Gama
Jun 19, 2012, 10:11 AM
well on pso i was always a hucast, on psu i was a "hucast" and then i created a newman fortetecher and kinda enjoyed the role reversal, on psujp i created a cast acrotecher and simply loved it. so ill be going force because i get more gratification over healing and supporting "with some melee to boot"

hunter seems fun too, but ill stick to my techs/gunblade ^^

i hope this helps you :)

Ifrian-x
Jun 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
I always been a Humar and will keep being Humar forever and ever.

Zyrusticae
Jun 19, 2012, 10:13 AM
Whoa, that is HEAVILY skewed in favor of the hunters. Wow.

Not that that will get me to change my choice any. My mind is made!

Kaiyou_Trinon
Jun 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
Humar, because I like to swing around a melee object and hit things with it. Haha but each class seems more unique in PSO2, if you tried all three classes for enough time and still don't know then that coin idea is just for you.

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
HUcast all the way for me.

FOODFOOD
Jun 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
Proud to be a RAcast :D

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 10:16 AM
I'm a Hucast at the start but since we can change classes i will eventually play them all. Acrotecher was my favorite in PSU.

Laguna
Jun 19, 2012, 10:16 AM
FOnewearl. :)

GrandTickler
Jun 19, 2012, 10:19 AM
its funny to see the most underpowered class gets the most votes :P

ill go with a racast first, then a fonewman
both female because these combinations end up with the most bonus stat points (offensive atleast)

Drifting Fable
Jun 19, 2012, 10:20 AM
HUCast all the way.

Zabrio
Jun 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
HUmar is always my first choice!

VANNO
Jun 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'm also having a hard time deciding on what class to be. One of my friends is a Ra. So I'm really leaning towards FO, but HU's are so fun to play.

ManaAria
Jun 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
Probably going to go RAnewearl, and then switch between it and Force when I get bored.

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 10:26 AM
RAcast or RAmar. Too many hunters as it is.

Vintasticvin
Jun 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
Im gonna be a force as always even though I truly prefer the newman hunters play style. Forces are like the magical support with their support spells and rangers support the party by having the accuracy to inflict statud inflictions and the flinch will allow your hunter time to swing its slow weapon or charge that pa. Hope this helps :3

Vintasticvin
Jun 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
I will for sure be a force but if I see that the rangers need more in their ranks I will consider joining the few the proud, the rangers

ryoko227
Jun 19, 2012, 10:36 AM
RA :)

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
I will for sure be a force but if I see that the rangers need more in their ranks I will consider joining the few the proud, the rangers

I agree, not many rangers, i might be a RAcast eventually

Coatl
Jun 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
Why doesn't anyone want to be a force? :c

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
There's nowhere near enough forces. Good thing I'll be buying extra character slots just to have a dedicated Force. My main, however, will be a ranger.

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 10:59 AM
I voted Hunter, but I'm also going to have a Force, not sure which one of them will be my main character though. ^^

kdrakari
Jun 19, 2012, 11:14 AM
RAmarl, because when I was messing with the character creator the design I liked the most was a RAmarl.

Rhypht
Jun 19, 2012, 11:42 AM
Fonewm. Fonewms and Fonewearls are definitely my favorite classes. I'll probably run one of each class eventually, but I gotta start with my classic.

Laskiee
Jun 19, 2012, 11:43 AM
FOnewm! i enjoyed being a Force in the Pre open beta when i played. so im gonna go force all the way!

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Hunter, HUmar to be technical, but eventually he'll be all three, I might eventually buy other characters but even if I do, all of my characters will be all of the classes... There's no point in limiting yourself to one... plus you have a huge arsenal of techs and PAs built up for other classes by the time you switch classes. ^^

lykann
Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
i've been a RAcast for years, but the updates to Forces are making me seriously consider FOcast.

DoctorShanks
Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
I'll be starting out as a HUnewm since I need time to get used to the interface once I actually play the game. When I'm comfortable with everything, I'll change him over to a FOnewm and I'll derp around as a Ranger on the side. I almost always start out as a Hunter in MMOs since in my opinion they're very beginner friendly. Thank god for class changing is all I can say.

Phaesphora
Jun 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
I've only ever played Forces in PSO and PSU, usually in a nuking capacity, but I'm up for something different now. Having tried some other first and third person shooters recently, Ranger seems like the way to go. Pew pew!

Vintasticvin
Jun 19, 2012, 12:57 PM

People dont wanna be forces cause they lack the mental and spiritual capability to master the magical arts and the shear awesomeness of being a force

Siatome
Jun 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
RANGERZ PEWPEW

Rika-chan
Jun 19, 2012, 01:05 PM
Going to start out with my Fonewearl Rika, unless I change my mind and play Humarl instead. I will probably buy an extra character slot for both later on.

Shinji Kazuya
Jun 19, 2012, 01:07 PM
Starting out as a Force!

Raging Ghost
Jun 19, 2012, 01:08 PM
Rangers. Guns are the way to go.

TecherRamen
Jun 19, 2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the great response so far. I think I would be moved by this information to make a force. What will be interesting is growing the force. Based upon the skill chart it would seem that there is a lot of benefit to making a force dedicated to one element type: Speed(fire); Power(ice); Longevity(lightning). Play style will also determine how I develop the character and which element(s) i choose to invest in. Thanks to Gardios and his skill simulator ( http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2764456&mode=linear#post2764456) its easy to map out different character builds.

I cant wait to see how this pole turns out by Thursday. It will be a lot of fun playing with you all when the servers finally open!

JRDeBo
Jun 19, 2012, 02:13 PM
Force, always liked the "mage" style classes in games.

LinkKD
Jun 19, 2012, 05:20 PM
I've always been more of a melee on games

love swords, and to take the battle heat up front =w=

so yeah, I'm going for the good old HUmar

Gama
Jun 19, 2012, 05:41 PM
im a bit biased if ill turn my human into a newman... not sure how defense will be afected by this.

TierrenZX
Jun 19, 2012, 05:47 PM
RAcaseal all the way.

Rizen
Jun 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
Ranger then Force. Been a ranged class user for many years and will not stop.

Aeris
Jun 19, 2012, 05:54 PM
Played Ranger and Force at CB but going to be Hunter and Ranger at OB.

FenixStryk
Jun 19, 2012, 05:55 PM
I find it curious that even with PSO-W's smaller sample size, the poll closely mirrors the ratios from the CBT's results.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 06:07 PM
im a bit biased if ill turn my human into a newman... not sure how defense will be afected by this.

You'll be a hair squishier - the race differences are pretty small.

Myself, I'll probably roll FOnewearl off the bat, I'm enjoying myself with techs. And still haven't gotten to play with the light techs that were available in CB.

njdss4
Jun 19, 2012, 07:09 PM
RAmar. I was going to be a RAcast, but since each character can switch between the classes in the lobby, I will be going with a human character for more balanced stats for when I switch to Force, or maybe even Hunter.

serenade
Jun 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
HUmar.

i've always made a HUmar first.

RAcast second.

gigawuts
Jun 19, 2012, 07:28 PM
Glorious HUcast master race.

Also, some FOcast fun when I'm bored. I've always longed to play as a FOcast.

Vintasticvin
Jun 19, 2012, 08:03 PM

You sir are a smart cookie Cast is without a doubt the master when it came to hunter , ranger and NOW they'll be the master race for force and make laughing stocks outta melee fomar and fomarl :D

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
HUmar and then maby HUcast. Because having a bit of everything in every stat is really nice =).

TecherRamen
Jun 19, 2012, 08:17 PM
I find it curious that even with PSO-W's smaller sample size, the poll closely mirrors the ratios from the CBT's results.

I like your observation. I actually started writing down the numbers from this poll. I wish I had thought to do so sooner, I'm starting with the sample population at 83. It will be fun to see some graphs and projections.

Ryuujin13
Jun 19, 2012, 08:24 PM

You sir are a smart cookie Cast is without a doubt the master when it came to hunter , ranger and NOW they'll be the master race for force and make laughing stocks outta melee fomar and fomarl :D

HUcast is indeed the only way to go. Ever since PSO that is all I have played lol. Tried the other races but at the end of the day the HUcast remained supreme. HUcast supreme. :beer::yes:

Chik'Tikka
Jun 19, 2012, 08:41 PM
i love my rifle with TPS on 360 pad+^_^+ felt just like playing a weird combo of PS and Gears+^_^+

Vintasticvin
Jun 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
HUcast is indeed the only way to go. Ever since PSO that is all I have played lol. Tried the other races but at the end of the day the HUcast remained supreme. HUcast supreme. :beer::yes:

I can drink to that and once you go Cast you'll have a blast!

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 08:48 PM

No, the surprise is that a predominantly western community has similar results to a predominantly JP community.

The sample size bit, not so much.

TecherRamen
Jun 19, 2012, 09:03 PM
No, the surprise is that a predominantly western community has similar results to a predominantly JP community.

The sample size bit, not so much.

Perhaps it is human nature; An tendency that transcends race and culture.

SolRiver
Jun 19, 2012, 09:06 PM
I remember during even the dreamcast days, hunters were the majority.

Vintasticvin
Jun 19, 2012, 09:11 PM
I remember during even the dreamcast days, hunters were the majority.

And now its force thats running rampant and out of control population wise :D

Daveach
Jun 19, 2012, 11:33 PM
FOnewearl, like always :]
then maybe i will make a RAcast...love how those CASTs look

goldwing
Jun 19, 2012, 11:35 PM
Ofc hunter i love the weapon selections for them.... alot

supersonix9
Jun 19, 2012, 11:38 PM
My signature will tell you what I'm starting with.

darkante
Jun 19, 2012, 11:38 PM
I were a Racast in the Pre-open.

So i go with either a Hucaseal or Hunewearl this time.

Zyrusticae
Jun 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
I'm beginning to think I'll just make my Force instead.

I did enjoy her quite a bit during the CBT...

Cherri420
Jun 20, 2012, 09:09 PM
Female ranger cast all the way! I don't want to be anything else. -_-

LK1721
Jun 20, 2012, 09:18 PM
RAmarl. I was a RAmarl in PSO, and I shall continue to be as such in PSO 2.

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 10:16 PM
RAcast. With a cowboy hat, because nothing is more awesome than riding on my launcher with my lasso and cowboy hat, wranglin' up some Rappy's.

Mizumi323
Jun 21, 2012, 06:12 PM
Force! Because unlike PSU series, Newman Hunter is fairly common... And the spells are quite nice...

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 21, 2012, 06:20 PM
male Human ranger but got a female newman force too :P