PDA

View Full Version : If Ship 2 becomes unavailable

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 12:06 PM
We need to ponder a backup ship. It seems paranoia is getting to everyone, and I just want to tally who wants to go where.

This is for "Just in case"

Macman
Jun 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
Backup ships will only apply to people who shell out for extra character slots, though.

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
Since english speaking players play at a different time than Japanese players, it's highly unlikely that Ship 02 will be full, at least during the time of the day english players usually play.

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
Backup ships will only apply to people who shell out for extra character slots, though.

or if you delete your one character

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 12:11 PM
or if you delete your one character

That WOULD be kind of a waste, though.

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 12:12 PM
All 50 blocks filling up is highly unlikely.

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 12:12 PM
That WOULD be kind of a waste, though.

it would depend on items and character level and if you cared enough to start over to move with the English community.

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not deleting my only character just to switch to a different ship, And besides since everyone lives in a different timezone the chance of ship 2 being completely filled will be a very rare occurrence. On that fact the PSOW community will probably stay in ship 2

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 12:21 PM
They're not going to make it to where the Ship can fill and people can't get on to actually play; that would be ridiculous. If Ship 2 gets bloated, they'll probably add more Blocks or something.

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 12:26 PM
They're not going to make it to where the Ship can fill and people can't get on to actually play; that would be ridiculous. If Ship 2 gets bloated, they'll probably add more Blocks or something.
This. I think they actually did this during the alpha 2 test, a few blocks were added to the ships. In that case they didn't add the blocks because the ships were filled though, they added them to see if it would improve the lag.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 12:26 PM
All 50 blocks filling up is highly unlikely.

/Thread, maaaaaaan

What is all this stuff about "Ship 2 = No go"? We finally got everyone to automatically agree on one place, leeeet's NOT make a mess out of it.

moorebounce
Jun 19, 2012, 12:28 PM
Apparently some people are either hard-headed and don't understand the question. We know you want to stay on ship 2. The question is if you couldn't get on ship 2 at all (because of all the Japanese players being on it). I guess the ones who still voted on ship 2 would just sit there and not play at all until a spot opened up on ship 2. Then when you do get on you'll be playing with people who hate english players and can't speak english.

You guys voted on ship 2 in the first place to keep away from the traffic on ship 1. Once either the OBT or Final release happens ship 2 will be taken by mostly Japanese players.

I voted for 4 but even that might not be deep enough.

I know this may reset your bank but couldn't you delete your free character and move to a different ship.

redroses
Jun 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
The problem is, I just won't buy an extra char slot on a different ship, because MAYBE once every blue moon ship 2 might be full. So, yes, I rather not play for a couple minutes (because people log in and out the whole time)than create an extra character on a ship were almost nobody will be on (as everybody will always switch right back to ship 2 once there is room again).

And like others have said, the possibility of all 50 blocks being completly filled up is very very unlikely.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
Apparently some people are either hard-headed and don't understand the question. We know you want to stay on ship 2. The question is if you couldn't get on ship 2 at all (because of all the Japanese players being on it). I guess the ones who still voted on ship 2 would just sit there and not play at all until a spot opened up on ship 2. Then when you do get on you'll be playing with people who hate english players and can't speak english.

I was talking about people's issues with Ship 2's in general.

Also what the other guy said about the erm... 52 BLOCKS.

If by some freak accident, all 52 blocks are maxed out and the server crashes 20 times in a row, and gets roll back'd so far that everyone loses 10 levels and there's massive bannings on foreign IPs to take up space. Then it leads to Ship 2 getting removed altogether.

We sure as hell shouldn't jump on 4chan's ship 04 or because the number 4 is basically asian proof(I still think that idea is kinda messed up. e_e) If anything ship 7, I guess. It's an out of place number other than being it being an awesome number.

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 12:40 PM

I know this may reset your bank but couldn't you delete your free character and move to a different ship.

i suggest you stay clear of ship 4, Moorebounce, 4chan is taking ship 4 (the number 4 is associated with death in most asian cultures)

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
We sure as hell shouldn't jump on 4chan's ship 04 or because the number 4 is basically asian proof(I still think that idea is kinda messed up. e_e) If anything ship 7, I guess. It's an out of place number other than being it being an awesome number.

This was pretty much going through my head for "What if I need a backup server".

Bam, 7.

I know it's unlikely, but I want to be prepared.

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
This was pretty much going through my head for "What if I need a backup server".

Bam, 7.

I know it's unlikely, but I want to be prepared.

ship 3,5,7 are the best choices for a backup ship, 1,6,8,9,10 are gonna be the most populated by Japanese users,

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 19, 2012, 03:28 PM
honestly doubt the entirety of ship 2 will get so full we can't play and have to wait on a waiting list like wow. i really do.

moorebounce
Jun 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
We need to ponder a backup ship. It seems paranoia is getting to everyone, and I just want to tally who wants to go where.

This is for "Just in case"

You should've left out ship 2 as a choice

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
Yikes, I thought this was decided? XD

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195653

Chik'Tikka
Jun 19, 2012, 09:02 PM
ship 3,5,7 are the best choices for a backup ship, 1,6,8,9,10 are gonna be the most populated by Japanese users,

4 and 9 are considered unlucky numbers in Japanese superstitions+^_^+ 4 means death in moonspeak and 9 means suffering in moonspeak+^_^+ or something along those lines+^_^+ i recall in Pre-OBT that in that last couple hours (whiling i was till puzzling why i could only load 5 characters) ship one was yellow with different symbols then the green or gray ones+^_^+ kinda think that might have meant "full" +^_^+

Peejay
Jun 19, 2012, 09:19 PM
You should've left out ship 2 as a choice

But it's funny watching people being stubborn, knowing they'll spend an eternity waiting anyways.

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 09:26 PM
4 and 9 are considered unlucky numbers in Japanese superstitions+^_^+ 4 means death in moonspeak and 9 means suffering in moonspeak+^_^+ or something along those lines+^_^+ i recall in Pre-OBT that in that last couple hours (whiling i was till puzzling why i could only load 5 characters) ship one was yellow with different symbols then the green or gray ones+^_^+ kinda think that might have meant "full" +^_^+

my mistake nine is lucky in chinese culture but in japanese its unlucky. ^^;

moorebounce
Jun 19, 2012, 11:19 PM
But it's funny watching people being stubborn, knowing they'll spend an eternity waiting anyways.

I'm in Rose-Arachnid anyway. Did you guys settle on a ship?

Zyrusticae
Jun 19, 2012, 11:32 PM
Except that's not going to happen, because the grand majority of us play during Japanese sleeping hours.

The only people who are going to be affected by high populations are people who play during normal working hours and during the dead of night - or people who live in a timezone close to Japan (Australia comes to mind here), in which case they're screwed anyways as they're very unlikely to have many English speakers to play with.

During the CBT (granted, the overall number of players was much smaller then, but still), player numbers were very, very small during US daytime hours, and only really picked up well past normal US bedtime hours. IF the numbers are so large that the server is completely stuffed during these hours, that could be a problem, but it is again unlikely to happen.

Even if it DOES happen, it is not going to stay that way for long. Normal population distribution is to be very, very heavy during the first few days/weeks of launch, and then to drop off dramatically afterwards. That is why ship 2 was picked in the first place - because that population drop WILL happen, so we want to be on a ship that we know is going to have a healthy population when it does. Otherwise, we end up playing on a ghost ship with a very unhealthy player base and a nonexistent economy.

kdrakari
Jun 20, 2012, 12:54 AM
I can't imagine any event which would cause me to completely give up my character and/or pay money just to avoid ship 2. I also don't predict any issues which would cause me to believe any other ship would be better than ship 2 from the start. Thus I will go to ship 2 and most likely stay there.

xshinoda
Jun 20, 2012, 01:14 AM
I dont like wasteing time sooooo,ship 2

Totori
Jun 20, 2012, 01:44 AM
Yeah, there's really no need for a backup ship. It's a whole server, that not being availble is completely unlikely. Ship 2 is where you are going to find most of the english speaking players, of PSO2.

A backup ship, would be completely pointless as you can't access your stuff, and it cost money to use another character slot.

Peejay
Jun 20, 2012, 02:21 AM
I'm in Rose-Arachnid anyway. Did you guys settle on a ship?

Honestly I think we're all staying ship 2 anyways, just because. This was a what-if thread, but everyone is taking it so seriously I can seriously smell blood. I didn't come here to be bitched out.

Also, as for a specific block? Talk to Porkmaster again about it. That's all beyond me.