PDA

View Full Version : Totally PSO2 related

BWS-1
Jun 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
Indirectly related, I guess. Ya know, in case there are still some doubting if PSO2 will ever come to US/EU.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-18-anarchy-reigns-gets-new-us-euro-release-window

Think of it this way: if Anarchy Reigns gets here, hey PSO2 likely will as well!

Hmmm, or maybe we'll have to stick to an Anarchy Reigns instead of a PSO2, since I can see that a move they'd do on their end as part of there restructuring: focus on key IPs; focus key IPs where they want to.

Dammit, I just spoiled my idea of a good news for PSO2.

Zaix
Jun 19, 2012, 12:59 PM
SEGA is just the publisher for Anarchy Reigns though. They developed and (Not really published) PSO2.

The 2 just don't have much to do with each other other than the release windows matching up some.

Ezodagrom
Jun 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
Platinum Games developers have mentioned that the english version of Anarchy Reigns is ready to be released, but for some reason the west departments of SEGA are not releasing it now. They're even suggesting english speaking players to import the game from Japan, since the Japanese version has options for english voice acting, subtitles and menus.

If anything this just shows how bad SEGA West is and how likely they are to screw up the english release of PSO2. They're delaying the release of Anarchy Reigns from a period with close to no big releases (July 2012), to a period crowded with big released (Q1 2013) like Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Beyond: Two Souls, DMC, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinity, and even their own Aliens Colonial Marines.

It's like they didn't learn anything from Sonic Generations and Binary Domain, which were released way too close to big hits.