PDA

View Full Version : How many areas are we looking at?

riezahughes
Jun 19, 2012, 02:14 PM
I've not really heard much in the way of how many areas will be available on the open beta launch. I would assume everything from the pre-open as well as the closed beta to be there, but has there been any word on other areas/planets besides the desert and tundra areas?

Has there been any mention of other planets in development?

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
Forest, 1
Caves, 2
City, 3
Desert, 4
I think that's all.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 02:20 PM
I've not really heard much in the way of how many areas will be available on the open beta launch. I would assume everything from the pre-open as well as the closed beta to be there, but has there been any word on other areas/planets besides the desert and tundra areas?

Has there been any mention of other planets in development?

we'll get forest, caves, desert and the city emergency mission in OB then the tundra will be added in the full release with 10 lvl cap increase so not bad for amount of areas ^^

riezahughes
Jun 19, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cool. Just wanted to check. Thanks. .

FerrPSO
Jun 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
Also, theres that one weird blue looking zone that will be added further

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
Four areas? That's going to get old pretty quickly, don'tcha think?

pikachief
Jun 19, 2012, 02:54 PM
Four areas? That's going to get old pretty quickly, don'tcha think?

5 in full game. PSO had 4 to start. PSU had... uhh... Linear Line, Parum grass field area, Relic Site, and one maybe 2 Nudaiz areas.

So PSO, PSU, and PSO2 basically have all started with 4-5 areas to begin with. More will be added on later on, I can imagine a few being added fairly soon into the updates.

EDIT: This is also 5 areas, not just missions. PSO had 4 areas to start, idk about quests but they didn't really have the mission system like PSU and PSO2. PSU had 6-7 missions. PSO2 seems to have a lot more than that, along with quests.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 02:56 PM
5 in full game. PSO had 4 to start. PSU had... uhh... Linear Line, Parum grass field area, Relic Site, and one maybe 2 Nudaiz areas.

So PSO, PSU, and PSO2 basically have all started with 4-5 areas to begin with. More will be added on later on, I can imagine a few being added fairly soon into the updates.

Just one Neudaiz area. Both missions were the same area type.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 02:58 PM
5 areas known so far.

3 planets + Arkz city/station.

I expect more planets soon in updates, or at least more AREAS.

Still want some watery places.. D:

pikachief
Jun 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
5 areas known so far.

3 planets + Arkz city/station.

I expect more planets soon in updates, or at least more AREAS.

Still want some watery places.. D:

What are the 3 planets? I hear about them here and there but idk what the names are and what type of topography they have. And the forest and snow levels are the same planet right? so does that mean the caves and desert are different planets too?

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 03:03 PM
What are the 3 planets? I hear about them here and there but idk what the names are and what type of topography they have. And the forest and snow levels are the same planet right? so does that mean the caves and desert are different planets too?

I know the desert area is it's own planet.

I don't know if forest and caves are different.

The city area is on the actual fleet, not any of the planets.

riezahughes
Jun 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
4's more than enough anyway. I did plenty with the 4 areas of the original PSO. So i'm sure i won't get bored. Haha. Certainly didn't during the closed test, anyway.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
Green planet - Naberius
Post apocalyptic Desert planet - lillipa

I forgot the name of the volcanic planet but it IS it's own planet... (They have the talking lizard/dragon race

FerrPSO
Jun 19, 2012, 03:06 PM
Yes, and the snow area is Naberius too

and theres still this one, as I said

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/new-map-450x337.jpg

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 03:08 PM
The snow area we can obviously assume are those pure white mountains in the background of the forest area.

And the place in that screenshot just looks like a sunny Lillipa.

FerrPSO
Jun 19, 2012, 03:11 PM
Its a new zone, but probably in Lillipa too. Another screen that shows how the background is diferent

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/new-map-4-450x337.jpg

strtrk
Jun 19, 2012, 03:16 PM
There's no such thing as levels "getting old" in PSO lol

Phaesphora
Jun 19, 2012, 03:44 PM
I forgot the name of the volcanic planet but it IS it's own planet... (They have the talking lizard/dragon race
That one is Amduscia or somesuch, unless I'm mistaken. That leaves planet Num and how many others to be opened in the future?

Ifrian-x
Jun 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
Just because PSO had few areas, it does not mean itīs fine for a game to have just 4 in 2012
I think some times you guys are willing to put up with things you wouldnīt for other mmoīs just because itīs PSO.

10 years passed since then, technology advanced and so did the standards and expectacion of the gaming community, so i really think they should have made at least 10+ areas.

Then again this is just open betal there is a low level cap and as some of you said, we canīt rule out the chance we will get new areas often, since we know of 2 areas (snow and that blue thing ) in developement, so i will personally hold my judgement till christmas.

pikachief
Jun 19, 2012, 03:59 PM
Just because PSO had few areas, it does not mean itīs fine for a game to have just 5/6
I think some times you guys are willing to put up with things you wouldnīt for other mmoīs just because itīs PSO.

10 years passed since then, technology advanced and so did the standards and expectacion of the gaming community, so i really think they should have made at least 10+ areas.

Then again this is just open betal there is a low level cap and as some of you said, we canīt rule out the chance we will get new areas often, since we know of 2 areas (snow and that blue thing ) in developement, so i will personally hold my judgement till christmas.

4/5 areas is fine to start with considering the good amount of quests and missions for each area. Sure we may get tired of seeing the same environment over and over, but they'll add more and at least the environments are pretty different from each other.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 04:18 PM
Just because PSO had few areas, it does not mean itīs fine for a game to have just 4 in 2012

I actually agree with you, but let's just say I'm not putting up with it "because it's phantasy star" I'm putting up with it because it's phantasy star AND the game is going to be awesome in general, regardless!

Also yeah there's at least like 4-6 quests and super sized multiparty area for every different stage.

But of course, I'm really hoping they update more levels,stages,areas or planets-whatever quickly. I was definitely disappointed after hearing we only got 3 planets. and only a couple areas on each.