PDA

View Full Version : The Big PSO2 rush is near, getting excited?

Akaimizu
Jun 19, 2012, 03:05 PM
Well, the newly established PSO2 forum structure is a good sign that the masses are about to jump on the big PSO2 open Beta launch through to the full.

At first, I was thinking it was going to be when the full game released, but I guess Open Beta wont be much difference since characters carry over and we'll be on there, anyway.

For me, it'll be a slight initial challenge because I actually do want to get back on PSU for the last summer of its existence. Maybe do some runs, have a bit of fun. Hold a Guld Milla for a couple of seconds. I don't know. Still to celebrate it with a bang and say goodbye to one of my online games I did spend a lot of time on. (And to keep my promise that I'll maintain an account there until the end)

But of course, excitement for the new experience is there. Who knows, I may end up playing this more than Diablo 3. And then there's Guild Wars 2 as well. I'm going to be a happy yet "trouble finding time to organize" player of the good online Dungeon crawl. From ye olde fantasy, steampunk, to futuristic, I'll have it all.

I guess in a way, it's a good thing that this will not be the english version at first. It might help me organize a slight weight towards GW2, but I'll probably join the group or offer groups as long as things don't get into the issues of getting my characters data screwed with.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 03:06 PM
Ask the 120-160 viewers in this section.

Dan Maku
Jun 19, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm itchy with withdrawls from not being able to really dive into the game since Closed Beta. Thursday can't come fast enough!

LadyAngie
Jun 19, 2012, 03:15 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a434/anoxidisingangel/PSO2AHSHIT.jpg

oifjustus
Jun 19, 2012, 03:22 PM
Deffinately excited ;) lost interest in other games after playing 6 hours of the pre-open.. Hurry up 21st!

iTz PooKiie xx
Jun 19, 2012, 03:25 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a434/anoxidisingangel/PSO2AHSHIT.jpg

lol good stuff.

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2012, 03:27 PM
I haven't been able to enjoy games for weeks. Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 03:32 PM

This ^^

Coatl
Jun 19, 2012, 03:35 PM

But Open beta will be on the 21st, no?

Ifrian-x
Jun 19, 2012, 03:38 PM

This.
I am perma bored and overexcited for PSO2

Nothing i do distracts me for moe than 15/20 mins.

SageMaster
Jun 19, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'm so excited i've been having multiple dreams of the game. My brain might explode.

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2012, 03:44 PM
But Open beta will be on the 21st, no?

The timer says 19 hours, so I believe 19 hours.

Crimson Exile
Jun 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
I just hope I get enough sleep to survive the countless hours I plan putting into this.

LadyAngie
Jun 19, 2012, 03:51 PM
The timer says 19 hours, so I believe 19 hours.

I was wondering why people were saying the 21st when it says it should start tomorrow... :-? weird.

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 03:58 PM
I was wondering why people were saying the 21st when it says it should start tomorrow... :-? weird.

according to the PS fan blog it starts on the 21st at 3 am at least where i live

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 03:59 PM

the timer on the countdown site is for the end of regitration for the OB, the servers go up a tadbit later than that

LadyAngie
Jun 19, 2012, 04:01 PM
the timer on the countdown site is for the end of regitration for the OB, the servers go up a tadbit later than that

ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.

LadyAngie
Jun 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
according to the PS fan blog it starts on the 21st at 3 am at least where i live

yeah i forgot to take that into consideration as well. ^^;

Home Dog
Jun 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
the timer on the countdown site is for the end of regitration for the OB, the servers go up a tadbit later than thatIf we were in the pre-open beta, do we need to register again, or do we just use the same log in?

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 04:11 PM
No need to re-register.

Coatl
Jun 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
If we were in the pre-open beta, do we need to register again, or do we just use the same log in?

Same login. :3
You're all set.

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2012, 04:20 PM

Oh mother of pondscum, you mean I have to wait another day now? I liked it better when it was tomorrow morning.

Kazzi
Jun 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
Excited might be an understatement.

Akaimizu
Jun 19, 2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I figured it would be an understatement. I had to laugh at the excited doodle picture as well. I never took pics of my Pre-open beta character. Though I do have his build mentally memorized so I can remanufacture him in seconds. Gonna go with the full FOmar experience to start.

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 05:17 PM
WEDNESDAY NIIIIIGHT!!!

Gama
Jun 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
most game are terribly easy or horribly depressing for me for a couples of years. pso2 really gave me something back that i didn't feel in a game since well "tear in eye" pso v1

so yeah i'm exited"twitches" i even dream about it allot wich is good since i usualy only have nightmares.

"twitch" "twitch"

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8169566/manah%20manah.jpg

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 06:02 PM
Oh mother of pondscum, you mean I have to wait another day now? I liked it better when it was tomorrow morning.

For most of the US, I believe it works out to 12-3 AM Thursday morning. Alaska gets it tomorrow night. Not sure where Hawaii falls wrt the date line.

NeoMatrix
Jun 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
Well, I was already excited, but reading threads like this one, and with only about a day and a half to go, the effect is cumulative... In fact, the only thing I've found able to distract me from the wait is crashing full-tilt back into PSO and running with my old characters... At least I didn't read all this before going to sleep, I would have been up all night thinking about PSO2. Then again, I might still.... >_>;

Freshellent
Jun 19, 2012, 06:33 PM
It hasn't hit me yet, PSO2 was sort of like a slow working drug. I'm sure once I start playing again I'll stop caring about everything else and just want to play.

njdss4
Jun 19, 2012, 07:11 PM
I'm very excited. I've found that I can't really find the motivation to play other games right now because I keep thinking, "This would be better if it were PSO2."

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 07:17 PM
I just wanna get my character official first thing. Then Ill play after school. :)

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 19, 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty excited. x3 I want to snag one of the names I want so it's important for me to get on asap!

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
So excited and involved I made a massive mag guide. It took me a couple of hours and I dont feel bad about it! LOL. Check my sig for the link.

mhjc
Jun 19, 2012, 07:35 PM
I'm pretty excited. x3 I want to snag one of the names I want so it's important for me to get on asap!

Names aren't unique or exclusive. There'll be plenty of Sephiroths running around at some point.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 07:38 PM
Names aren't unique or exclusive. There'll be plenty of Sephiroths running around at some point.

Probably means overall name for user, I wanna snag mine too, it feels good getting to a game at the beginning. ^^

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 07:40 PM
Probably means overall name for user, I wanna snag mine too, it feels good getting to a game at the beginning. ^^

Care to explain what you mean? Im like lost.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
Care to explain what you mean? Im like lost.
When you login for the first time you pick an account name of sorts, this is different than your sega ID, it is the name people see when they add you as a friend... basically its there so that regardless of character people can see that you are on... these names cannot be duplicated, kinda hard to explain but I think I got the gist of it. ^^;

gigawuts
Jun 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
I believe you mean the account name. You can register that right now. If you were in any of the betas then you already have yours.

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 07:47 PM
I believe you mean the account name. You can register that right now. If you were in any of the betas then you already have yours.

Ooh. I must have done this unknowingly in the Pre-OB. Still got my name though =).

Halcyote
Jun 19, 2012, 07:47 PM
considering the data got wiped from closed beta and pre-open beta, you'll have to remake your account/player id.

becomplex114
Jun 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
Do i have to redownload the client or can we use the older client and just patch?

Skyy
Jun 19, 2012, 07:55 PM
Do i have to redownload the client or can we use the older client and just patch?

You don't have to redownload anything and can just patch^^

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 07:55 PM
considering the data got wiped from closed beta and pre-open beta, you'll have to remake your account/player id.

You don't have to remale your account and ID.

You MAY have to remake your ID NAME.

I played CBT but I got prompted to make a new one in Pre-OBT.

gigawuts
Jun 19, 2012, 08:00 PM

Oh, yeah I remember now. I'm mixing up the Sega ID with the player ID name.

Mike
Jun 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
Am I excited? Not yet. I still need to find a way to make it through today and most of tomorrow. Then I'll be excited.

Kinaya
Jun 19, 2012, 08:23 PM
Am I excited? Not yet. I still need to find a way to make it through today and most of tomorrow. Then I'll be excited.

^this

ryoko227
Jun 19, 2012, 09:21 PM
I completely agree with most of the posters. Every other game is boring now, during the previous betas I was expecting a MUCH longer wait time, so I was able to push PSO2 to the back of my mind. But since it's only what, 5 days? since the last beta, I CANNOT stop thinking about it. I have tests to study for - boring, Homework to do - boring, etc etc...

I find myself spamming the refresh on these forums in hopes of new news, or something else cool related to PSO2. Not even released yet and already an addict.... :/

Just alittle under 16 hours to go!!!

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 09:24 PM
I find myself spamming the refresh on these forums in hopes of new news, or something else cool related to PSO2. Not even released yet and already an addict.... :/

this with occasionally playing other games for about 15mins before getting bored