PDA

View Full Version : questions on class changing

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 05:32 PM
So how does it work exactly? If you change your class does your level go to 1 (since leveling up gives SP) for that class while saving all the information for your first class? So could i get my ranger to level 30, then switch to hunter and say get her to level 10 then back to ranger and be 30 again??? Im so confused. If it isthat way, do you get the boosts when you're another class or does it kind of go "hidden"?

Or is isit where lets say i get to level 5 as ranger then switch to hunter and still be 5?

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 05:33 PM
classes stay the same level that you got them to after switching so a lvl 30 hunter would switch to a lvl 1 hunter but would still have the lvl 30 hunter if they changed back but your character level is something different its independent of the classes
(atleast thats how other PS games work)

Dan Maku
Jun 19, 2012, 05:33 PM
Each class levels independently. If you level a Ranger up to five, then switch to Hunter, you'll start back at level 1 for your Hunter, but your Ranger will stay at 5.

RAnewearl
Jun 19, 2012, 05:36 PM
Omg thats friggen amazing!! Thanks for the info!!! *is gonna spend 24/7 getting all 3 to 30*

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 06:05 PM
Each class levels independently. If you level a Ranger up to five, then switch to Hunter, you'll start back at level 1 for your Hunter, but your Ranger will stay at 5.

This is nice for things like pesky client orders being on the level 3/5 forest missions when you're already 7. Just hop over to a new class and level it a bit.

n1stanly
Jun 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
here is a question regarding class switching.

what is the point of selecting a force, hunter, or ranger when initially creating your character?

for instance, will there be an advantage in creating a ranger and playing as a ranger then creating a hunter and switching class to a ranger? because if not the initial character creation is solely important for costumes. if you aesthetically liked how the human ranger male looked you could pick his costume and play as a force.

or am i missing something.

NeoMatrix
Jun 19, 2012, 06:25 PM
Well, whatever class you select in character creation affects your starting weapon loadout when you begin the game, ex: hunters start with swords, rangers with rifles, forces with canes (or whatever their defaults are. I've only had the chance to start a hunter so far). Your beginning funds are also quite limited, and not really enough to buy a weapon immediately.

So, long story short, start with the class you want, otherwise you might not have a weapon to use (except for the gunslash)

If I am mistaken though, feel free to correct me.

FenixStryk
Jun 19, 2012, 06:26 PM
what is the point of selecting a force, hunter, or ranger when initially creating your character? or am i missing something.The weapon and PA you start with is decided by what you choose at character select. While a minor detail, it is a factor.

n1stanly
Jun 19, 2012, 06:33 PM
that is a minor detail. To people more hardcore, ie can just trade a weapon or dont mind struggling for an hour to get a weapon, the costume bonus would seem to trump the minor trouble.

good to know the customization level of characters is high. thats always a nice thing =).

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
that is a minor detail. To people more hardcore, ie can just trade a weapon or dont mind struggling for an hour to get a weapon, the costume bonus would seem to trump the minor trouble.

good to know the customization level of characters is high. thats always a nice thing =).
But you can have any costume you want from any class in character creation. Just choose the costume you want.

n1stanly
Jun 19, 2012, 07:03 PM
But you can have any costume you want from any class in character creation. Just choose the costume you want.

this is the point i was making. i agree and will do this.

serenade
Jun 19, 2012, 07:04 PM
The weapon and PA you start with is decided by what you choose at character select. While a minor detail, it is a factor.

not too mention drops are tailored toward the class you are playing. if you start as a hunter, you will find hunter weapons 95% of the time. so if you start as a hunter and decide to switch to a force, you will need to find some stray rods or cards during runs or else you'll be free casting with the shortcuts.

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
this is the point i was making. i agree and will do this.

I mean. It is an option as you design your character. You dont need to make a force just for the costume and switch classes. You can have a hunter wear force gear from the get go if you like.