PDA

View Full Version : character creation question

n1stanly
Jun 19, 2012, 05:43 PM
when you create your character and finish where does the char save 2?

is there a way to go back and edit the character?

if i make a second character will it override the first char?

thanks in advance

TenebriS
Jun 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
If you save the Character with a name, you can load it with that name

Its saved under:
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

Aeris
Jun 19, 2012, 06:02 PM
1. There is a Load and Save option at the bottom of the menu if you used the CC, you can save you model there for use in the OB later on.

2. Yes you can load your model and re-edit anything you like or doing touches to your character model.

3. No, it doesn't override the slot if you're trying to save it again, you have to save it with a new name file, haven't tryed oversaving it with same name file as of yet.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2012, 06:05 PM
1. There is a Load and Save option at the bottom of the menu if you used the CC, you can save you model there for use in the OB later on.

2. Yes you can load your model and re-edit anything you like or doing touches to your character model.

3. No, it doesn't override the slot if you're trying to save it again, you have to save it with a new name file, haven't tryed oversaving it with same name file as of yet.

The CC won't let you overwrite, it requires you use a new name. Not sure if client does, but I suspect it may (Since CC was probably just plucked out of the alpha build)

n1stanly
Jun 19, 2012, 06:06 PM
thanks for the responses.

aeris, ive played around with the CC and couldn't figure out how to load. if you wouldn't mind could you explain a little how to do this?

edit: NVM figured this out. for some reason just never clicked that button.... THANKS though! very helpful

My LAST question is this. Lets say i have a char named Jack and I want to edit him. I cant just resave him as jack. it would need to be Jack2 for instance. when i load the char to the client once the game goes live can i edit the name? or is this unknown.

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 06:12 PM
to save it as the same name you have to go and delete the save file of that name for the CC again we dont know about the ob client yet

Mike
Jun 19, 2012, 08:43 PM
My LAST question is this. Lets say i have a char named Jack and I want to edit him. I cant just resave him as jack. it would need to be Jack2 for instance. when i load the char to the client once the game goes live can i edit the name? or is this unknown.
The name you save your character with in the character creator is just the file name. You'll name your character properly when you load him in to the game client and finishing any touch ups.