PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Is Falz The Final Boss?

MetalestX
Jun 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
-I remember in PSO the thing called "Flaz" was the last boss. I did a bit of research and found out its also know as the "Dark Force".

-"possessed King Lassic, turning the once benevolent ruler of Algo into a twisted tyrant."<-- This is pretty much "Falz" in the RPGs.

-But what is "Falz" in the online series?

-P.S. 2 Moar Days!!!

Rizen
Jun 19, 2012, 07:39 PM
Inb4DulkFakis

pikachief
Jun 19, 2012, 07:39 PM
Falz and Dark Force are basically the same. Dulk Fakis in PSU was basically somewhat the same concept. Just about every Phantasy Star game has some form of Dark Force / Dark Falz so I expect him to be in this game too.

bamanoske
Jun 19, 2012, 07:47 PM
found this and is basically how he was in PSO http://phantasystar.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Falz

Alucard V
Jun 19, 2012, 07:53 PM
It's what it's always been, Destruction.

The whole "Falz" thing is a miss-translation of Dark Force which in the Original Series is but a small peace of a greater Profound Darkness.

buri-chan
Jun 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
It's always either Dark Falz or Ganon. Let's just hope they don't throw Dark Falz Dios at us again.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:20 PM
I hope that punchy guy turns into dark falz and black wind tornado uppercut 1 hit kills random party members.

Alucard V
Jun 19, 2012, 08:26 PM
--"possessed King Lassic, turning the once benevolent ruler of Algo into a twisted tyrant."<-- This is pretty much "Falz" in the RPGs.

It does seem to like taking on a host body. Lets see there was.....

Zio

Seth

"Red Ring" Rico Tyrell

Karl Friedrich Howzer

I feel like I'm forgeting someone tho.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:29 PM

Zio

Seth

"Red Ring" Rico Tyrell

Karl Friedrich Howzer

Not sure about PSP1 but PSP2 it posessed... no wait, I think PSP2 it was all the old spirits of the souls of gurhal waiting for new hosts. and then it turned into a super saiyan angel...

And PSP2i I'm not sure... I think it was that Nagisa chick...

pikachief
Jun 19, 2012, 08:49 PM
Not sure about PSP1 but PSP2 it posessed... no wait, I think PSP2 it was all the old spirits of the souls of gurhal waiting for new hosts. and then it turned into a super saiyan angel...

PSP1 was kind of like a portable PSU

Tyreek
Jun 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
PSP1 was Dulk Fakis again. Helga became the host for the Fakis core. Also:

[spoiler-box]In the bad ending route, Vivienne becomes Dulk Fakis.[/spoiler-box]

Dan Maku
Jun 19, 2012, 08:51 PM

Zio

Seth

"Red Ring" Rico Tyrell

Karl Friedrich Howzer

Mother Trinity?

Imma guessing the Darkers may be connected to Dark Force (or whatever they're calling it this game).

Alucard V
Jun 19, 2012, 09:05 PM

The Ancients did that to them selves tho. I'd put a 100 meseta on love sick genius summoning Flaz and the SEED horde to overthrow the Sun King just for Mika's hand.

That be a cool series of missions now that I think of it.
Sub-Space Rykros as the backdrop.
Seed and rouge Stateria in your way.
Colecting he's ranting all to fight said genius as Olga Flow.

Bit off topic. Sorry. :D

Geistarm
Jun 19, 2012, 09:09 PM
I really hope they release a boss fight with Profound Darkness in PSO2. That would be toooo epic.

Alucard V
Jun 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
PSP1 was Dulk Fakis again. Helga became the host for the Fakis core. Also:

[spoiler-box]In the bad ending route, Vivienne becomes Dulk Fakis.[/spoiler-box]

That's Dulk Fakis which is a Seed mutation a best.

Mother Trinity?

Imma guessing the Darkers may be connected to Dark Force (or whatever they're calling it this game).

Mother Trinity.....
That one still has me stumped. Because of Zeros Great Blank there's no record of technology or Faster then Light Flight.

I'm still thinking of it as Sealed Darkness. PSU/P/P2(i) had Sub-Space which in the wrong hands could brake through dimensions unsealing said Darkness.
Same thing with a Time-Loop since where back to PSO2, and Shion was it?

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 09:36 PM
But Dark Fis-

Dark Falz was in PSU as well!

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 10:02 PM
Howzer wasn't Falz's host. Just some guy who went looney and tried to resurrect him.

Also, Dark Falz is always the villain in every Phantasy Star game, whether directly or indirectly. So, I'd say, yes.

Also, Nagisa is who was missing off of that list of hosts.

~Inu~
Jun 19, 2012, 10:05 PM
I'd like to see the Motherbrain appear again, too.

Added to that, I'm also hoping some of the PSO2 music to be remixes of awesome old PSO music.

Alucard V
Jun 19, 2012, 10:32 PM
But Dark Fis-

Dark Falz was in PSU as well!

Yes. Yes it was.

The way I see it, it PSU goes as so......

Someone in the Ancient's time line brakes the sealed dimension (which maybe the the same seal as the Algo system) becoming the Dark Host, infecting plants, wildlife, and "humans" to build up a Seed Army. The Ancients fall back to a man made stronghold (Rykros) as the Seed lead by Dark Flaz attack only to be trap'd in another sealed dimension by the confinement systems the Ancient's built as a last-ditch-effort.

To what Ancients left afraid to of Seed infecting go as far as creating a Proto-Human as they copy & paste there minds to Maghara and let evolution happen so they can be reborn in the flesh (and metal) of a new being.

I figure the original Helga Neumann had to be either a archeologist or with the Illuminus to have found proof "Ancient Humans" go crazy and be killed by Obel Dallgun. Leaving a young Howzer to finish the the work she stared only to brake the seal, become the host and nearly destroy Gurhal.

Thank the Light for the Waber family.

Alucard V
Jun 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
Howzer wasn't Falz's host. Just some guy who went looney and tried to resurrect him.

Also, Dark Falz is always the villain in every Phantasy Star game, whether directly or indirectly. So, I'd say, yes.

What do you mean Hower wasn' Flaz's host?

Edit: Sorry for the double post. It's late, I'm going to bed. I'll have my counter-point on in the morning. =_=

BIG OLAF
Jun 19, 2012, 11:01 PM
What do you mean Hower wasn' Flaz's host?

Well, by "Howzer wasn't Falz's host", I more or less meant:

"Howzer wasn't Falz's host."

Nothing in the story ever specifically says that. Howzer basically just reveals that Falz spoke to him, and told him to resurrect him, and it eventually drove Howzer nuts and turned him into the Illuminus-leading looney toon that he was.

However, who gives a shit either way? Debating something like that is menial and pointless now.

eharima
Jun 20, 2012, 03:31 AM
Dirk Fillz

Mike
Jun 20, 2012, 03:33 AM
This is story dependant. Wynarl is the host in the good ending.

Zaix
Jun 20, 2012, 03:33 AM
Dirk Fillz

Makes me wonder...Will they horribly screw with his name? or will it be more consistent?

Jkid
Jun 20, 2012, 03:43 AM
There will be a incarnation of Dark Force. It's merely a matter of which person, or how it's going to be incarnated as. Since PSO2 has a theme of planetary exploration, I can assume that we can have a planet that is completly consumed by the Dark Force.

dilakri87
Jun 20, 2012, 03:53 AM

Zio

Seth

"Red Ring" Rico Tyrell

Karl Friedrich Howzer

i think you forgot Heathcliff Flowen

Sparzyle
Jun 20, 2012, 03:56 AM
Maybe Dark Ragne is the Dark Final Boss on here? then Dark Hunter or something on the later games? considering Dark Falz being like the Force :B lol

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 03:58 AM
Maybe Dark Ragne is the Dark Final Boss on here? then Dark Hunter or something on the later games? considering Dark Falz being like the Force :B lol

We wouldn't fight the 'final boss' first, now would we?

Sparzyle
Jun 20, 2012, 04:04 AM
We wouldn't fight the 'final boss' first, now would we?
Well I was thinking maybe the City will be the last area (didn't played any of the beta
stages :L this open beta will be my first time so I dunno lol)

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 04:05 AM
Let's all stop being silly.

I am the final boss. Bring me some pork and I might let you live. Otherwise, I hope you got some spare change, cause you're gonna need those Scape Dolls.

Zaix
Jun 20, 2012, 04:20 AM
^Dark Porkmastalz^

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 04:23 AM
It has a nice ring to it.

Cherri420
Jun 20, 2012, 04:26 AM
I'd like to see the Motherbrain appear again, too.

Added to that, I'm also hoping some of the PSO2 music to be remixes of awesome old PSO music.

Me too! I want that old pso feel! Since it's called pso2 but basically they put them in the wrong order. It should have been pso, pso2, then psu!! (Not including the hand- helds).^^

Blizz3112
Jun 20, 2012, 05:26 AM
There was that guy in PS4 who was a playable character only to end up being the host of Dark Falz.

It has always been a battle between the Ancients (in what form they might be) and the Dark Forces/Darklings (in what form they might be), and it might go not forever as well. Both use the normal races as... well, tools to defeat the others. Ancients more guiding and supporting, while the Darklings take over their mind and abuse their talents...

That's my take on it... ;-)

Alucard V
Jun 20, 2012, 06:23 AM
i think you forgot Heathcliff Flowen

That's the Parasitic Gene Flow. It's on the same line as Seed-Venas, Seed-Ardite, or Dulk Fakis.

This is story dependant. Wynarl is the host in the good ending.

Yet another reason why Infinity needed a English translation.

Well, by "Howzer wasn't Falz's host", I more or less meant:

"Howzer wasn't Falz's host."

Nothing in the story ever specifically says that. Howzer basically just reveals that Falz spoke to him, and told him to resurrect him, and it eventually drove Howzer nuts and turned him into the Illuminus-leading looney toon that he was.

However, who gives a shit either way? Debating something like that is menial and pointless now.

I'm having a blast tho. As for pointless, I'm simply pointing out the nature of the beast. It has a Motorization & method of attack. I only wish they went into Howzer back story a bit more seeing that he was another Zoe.

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 07:57 AM
There's a good chance of it, though just look at the size of Dark Ragne in this game. Comparatively, another Dark Falz or Dulk Falkis battle would be of epic proportions.

Personally though, I hope they go in a slightly different direction, like a plot twist or something. I'm fine with one of those two still being the final boss, but the reasoning for it could vary a bit.

Kise
Jun 20, 2012, 10:22 AM
DF was much bigger than Ragne in PSO. I'm hoping the final boss has multiple forms that get bigger each time. It's always nice to know you can slay a giant.

FerrPSO
Jun 20, 2012, 01:02 PM
Let's just hope they don't throw Dark Falz Dios at us again.

What? Dark Falz becoming a god?

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
So long as it is not yet another De Rol Le , the final boss can be whatever it wants to be.

buri-chan
Jun 20, 2012, 01:14 PM
What? Dark Falz becoming a god?

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vNAWyxgrZg[/SPOILER-BOX]