PDA

View Full Version : Possible future weapons?

rouenx
Jun 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new when it comes to everything related to phantasy star, and I heard from a few friends phantasy star is well known for having many weapons to a user's disposal. I'm curious to know if the community thinks there is a great chance there will be additional weapons for each of the 3 classes, Hunter/Ranger/Force.

I'm actually hoping for dual pistols sometime in the near future honestly, but for those who have played phantasy star games, are new weapons like these a likely addition?

bonethrack
Jun 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
i would assume so they will also add other classes

i would really like wands and whips back since they are essential for acrotechers

mhjc
Jun 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
The only one mentioned so far by Sakai was Double Sabers but he did say he wanted to add more weapons after release.
I don't think dual pistols will come back since Saber and Handgun are combined into the gunslash.

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
I am praying for the parasols and magical piece.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:21 PM
Confirmed unreleased weapons:

Double Saber
Knuckles

Unconfirmed but found in the game's data:

Wand
Mechguns
Daggers

hbmizzle10
Jun 19, 2012, 08:23 PM
i hope they katanas back as a side weapon

Vashyron
Jun 19, 2012, 08:23 PM

Double Saber
Knuckles

Wand
Mechguns
Daggers

Small note that Daggers / Mechguns are Twin Daggers / Twin Mechguns.

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
Small note that Daggers are Twin Daggers.

I thought it was also Twin Machine Gun?

I just left em plural out of laziness.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
I am praying for the parasols and magical piece.

they'll probably have parasol be a gunslash type weapon, that opens up when you turn it into a gun ^^

Vashyron
Jun 19, 2012, 08:25 PM
I thought it was also Twin Machine Gun?

I just left em plural out of laziness.

Corrected that and didn't notice the other, Haha. :wacko:

sugarFO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:31 PM
they'll probably have parasol be a gunslash type weapon, that opens up when you turn it into a gun ^^

I want a pink one! Thats what I used in PSO! lol XD

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:32 PM
Or they could just... BRING BACK.. FAWKIN' SHOTGUNS!

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 19, 2012, 08:35 PM
Oh and, I do really hope they bring back the shotgun. x3 pewpew~

^ ;3

NoiseHERO
Jun 19, 2012, 08:38 PM
x3

Yah shotguns R kawaii-WHERE'S MY WIREDLANCE YO-YO'S??

pikachief
Jun 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
SHOTGUNS PLEASE D: Sometimes I just think of random shotgun PAs.

A shotgun PA that goes through multiple enemies,
long range shot,
shot that shoots explosive rounds into the enemy so they explode after being shot and do damage to those around them,
a shot that shoots a bunch of shots really fast in a row but has kind of a long recharge rate,
a deband shot with wide range so you can just blast a bunch with a debuff at once for some nice support.

These are all just at the top of my head, I'm sure they could think of a bunch more that would work really well for both full on close combat offensive and others for support.

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
Twin Mechguns, that's all I want.

Ryuujin13
Jun 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
I want the Samurai sword from PSO. At the very least a sword designed like it. That thing was sweet!!! :D

ManaAria
Jun 19, 2012, 10:08 PM
I want my Guilty Light!

Other than that, I second the statement about adding Mechguns, and I wouldn't mind something with some flashy skills for Rangers.

Ryuujin13
Jun 19, 2012, 10:11 PM
OH!! I just remebered one of my faves! Akiko's frying pan! They could even add special affects for when you hit things lol. Something similar would be awesome to

Leica
Jun 19, 2012, 10:11 PM

This.

rouenx
Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 PM

Double Saber
Knuckles

Wand
Mechguns
Daggers

Wow, if that's really the case I'm seriously considering becoming a hunter instead. Rangers are fun but hunters just might be more fun with all those dual melee and knuckles especially.

Also I'm trying to find a video on any sort of dual pistol sort of thing but can't find any at all, just want a gist of how pso2 will handle it if it comes out, if not guess i'll go hunter

kdrakari
Jun 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
If they add twin mechguns before something more like the old rifle then... well I probably won't do much, but I will be very angry. Seriously, what difference are you expecting between the mechguns and the assault rifle?

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 12:45 AM
If they add twin mechguns before something more like the old rifle then... well I probably won't do much, but I will be very angry. Seriously, what difference are you expecting between the mechguns and the assault rifle?

Aesthetic and cosmetic difference. Weapon preferences really.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:47 AM
Mech guns are always fully automatic and typically are attributed to have very high DPS at the cost of bad PP per damage ratio and range. They could be useful if you need to kill something quick that's in your face without much care for preserving PP. :3

Granted, that's assuming they make them similar to how they were in previous games.
I'm sure they wouldn't add them though if they didn't have a specific use in mind for em`.
With that said, I'd really like for them to bring back the shotgun first... =w=

Crimson Exile
Jun 20, 2012, 12:49 AM
Twin sabers, Axe, or maybe a Kunai-Chain like weapon from ninja gaiden

NoiseHERO
I only SERIOUSLY want fist..

But since those are confirmed, I'm good to go.

Daisengan
They really should bring back shotguns back.
It was so much fun mauling down mobs with those weapons :3

Kise
Jun 20, 2012, 09:50 AM
Scythes, glaive, something of the sort.

EvilMag
Jun 20, 2012, 09:56 AM
I want Twin Sabers and Twin Claws and don't say Wired Lances are worthy substitutes because they are not!

Drifting Fable
Jun 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
Iaido freaking katana.

I do also want some greaves. Kicking needs some loving.

Laguna
Jun 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
I wonder how shotgun animation would look like in this game... I always thought it looked silly in the past titles.

ZIE creations
Jun 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
I wonder how shotgun animation would look like in this game... I always thought it looked silly in the past titles.

shotguns always look funny in games... look at Gears of War even. They advertise their shotie kills yet the animation is terrible >.>

I can see them bringing back almost all of PSO/PSU weapons but I think the primary/secondary combo thing is out of reach with the games design...

get ready...

for...

wait for it...

THE SWORD SHIELD!!! ... I'd use it...

hbmizzle10
Jun 20, 2012, 03:53 PM
KATANA RAMA!

LK1721
Jun 20, 2012, 03:58 PM
Yes. This.