PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood of English Patch for OB upon Commencement?

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hello~ I couldn't find a thread for this question in particular, and considering the closed beta English patch doesn't seem to function with the latest version of the game, I thought it would be good to discuss the possibility of there being a completed English patch by the day OB is supposed to start. >w<

I can't understand a lick of Japanese, more or less, and I can just see myself fumbling around and being very confused for the most part without an English translation for menus and NPC interactions and such... ^w^;

So, do you think it's likely? If there isn't a patch available upon release, how difficult do you believe it will be to get into the game without being able to read anything?

AlMcFly
Jun 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
Very low I think

Use these:

http://bumped.org/psublog/

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193026

There are more.

FenixStryk
Jun 19, 2012, 09:57 PM
It won't be out instantaneously, but they should release something within the first few days. Until then, just try to guess your way through the menus.

Aurakon
Jun 19, 2012, 09:58 PM
Sorry to be a downer but the discussion of these sorts of things isn't technically allowed on these forums.

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
i doubt there will be a patch on release (also taking about patches is against forum rules), the game isn't difficult even with the language barrier, the problem will be understanding the dialogue in cutscenes, other than that most ppl here at PSOW haven't had much problem playing it in japanese

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:02 PM
Oh? It isn't? I'm sorry about that then, I just figured it was an accepted condition that most English people need an English patch to fully enjoy and experience the game. >w<

And thank you for the links AlMcFly, they should help some. ( _)_
Oh and, I'll keep an eye out for that then Fennix. Thank chu for your insight!

Edit:

@Zeke154 I don't think I'll manage without a patch, hehe. I'll get about 70% of the game experience without one. In the past, I always made an effort to read all character dialogue, skill descriptions, weapon information, etc. and I usually utilized that information in some way or the other. The guide AlMcFly linked will hopefully get me far enough to start basic gameplay though, hehe. ^w^;

I can't help but feel the language barrier will end up affecting my gear efficiency though. Hopefully there will be a lot of information available to guide one to where to farm and how to get certain aesthetic items and armor lines and such.

Macman
Jun 19, 2012, 10:04 PM
Sorry to be a downer but the discussion of these sorts of things isn't technically allowed on these forums.
I thought you could talk about it, but were not allowed to link to any sources for it.

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
I thought you could talk about it, but were not allowed to link to any sources for it.

just doubt check the thread about the rules here and your right we can talk about patches just no posting of links. ^^;

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:10 PM
Oh okay, good! Hehe, wouldn't want to leave a bad impression on the mods when I'm new to the site. ^x^;

Zeke154
Jun 19, 2012, 10:11 PM
Oh okay, good! Hehe, wouldn't want to leave a bad impression on the mods when I'm new to the site. ^x^;

yeah that would be bad, no one wants the banned hammer ^^;

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 10:14 PM
One will surely be made but its quite easy to memorize the menus. Their are also tons of guides. But then again seeing things in English would be nice.