PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 question about mag types

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:27 PM
im planning on playing with cast hunter then chage class to ranger. since im cast, i thought i need support on tech side for more PP. So, at first, i was thinking about going with force mag. however, im going to use wire gear wep, so thinking about ablity mag for more critical. which mag should i use? or more likely which way should i evolve? please give me your opinion about it. :-) thanks for reading long writing! :-P

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 10:32 PM
My advice? Check my sig.

Multi-Class (not buying another mag):
Make a Skill/Ability mag

Multi-Class (buying more mags):
Make Class specific mags and experiment to get that rare mag!

Single-Class (not buying more mags):
Make class specific mag

Single-Class (buying more mags):
Make Class specific mag and experiment to get that rare mag!

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:45 PM
ohhh so i need to go with ablitiy mag? instead of doing tech? umm i thought supporting PP would help both classes...

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 10:47 PM
ohhh so i need to go with ablitiy mag? instead of doing tech? umm i thought supporting PP would help both classes...

TBH that was simply just my opinion. Check out the guide in my sig and decide for yourself. I have a TON of info their that will surely help you decide. I also just found some 3rd stage mag pictures, trying to figure out where to post em.

Vashyron
Jun 19, 2012, 10:48 PM

Rising Mag Tech doesn't raise PP.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
ik tat but mag can raise ma pp for fixed time. nd i read ur mag guid but still dont get well. :(

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
ik tat but mag can raise ma pp for fixed time. nd i read ur mag guid but still dont get well. :(

I dont think mags can affect your PP unless its a mag ability, and I have not seen an ability like that listed from any source yet. Unless raising a FORCE mag does something to your PP, but I think that is just FORCE damage.

Vashyron
Jun 19, 2012, 10:59 PM
Oh I see, well your choice if you want to rely on that Photon blast. (I wouldn't.)

I dont think mags can affect your PP unless its a mag ability, and I have not seen an ability like that listed from any source yet.

In your guide, "Brogile" PB.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:01 PM
OHHHH so no mags can raise ma PP? so only mag ablity effects me?

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 11:01 PM
Oh I see, well your choice if you want to rely on that Photon blast. (I wouldn't.)

In your guide, "Brogile" PB.

Oh yes! But thats highly HIGHLY in-efficient and completely random to get I believe. When your mag evolves i think you get 1 of the 3 types of PBs and its random. But I could be wrong.

OHHHH so no mags can raise ma PP? so only mag ablity effects me?

So far yes. Only a Photon Blast from the FORCE mag helps your PP recover.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:32 PM
OHHHH i see. so its ramdom to get which one i get... i can get the PP type form froce mag but its really rare... then should i go for safe type? which one is actrally good for my type?

Vashyron
Jun 19, 2012, 11:50 PM
Unless it changed in the Pre-Open Beta (Didn't play much of it) no it's not Random, you get a specific Hunter / Ranger / Force / Ability PB if it's the same stats as someone elses.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:54 PM
ohhh then i can't get force mag if im playing as hunter?

Vashyron
Jun 19, 2012, 11:55 PM
ohhh then i can't get force mag if im playing as hunter?

Yes you can, just build it up the Tech.

I was talking about the Photon Blasts previously.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:56 PM
then how can i get mag that has ablitiy with recovering my pp or extens it for fixed amount time???

Vashyron
Jun 19, 2012, 11:57 PM
If it's the same as the Closed Beta, First evolution of the Force Mag has the Quick PP Regen Photon Blast.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:57 PM
what u mean by same state as somesone else?

Lumir
Jun 19, 2012, 11:58 PM
Unless it changed in the Pre-Open Beta (Didn't play much of it) no it's not Random, you get a specific Hunter / Ranger / Force / Ability PB if it's the same stats as someone elses.

I read reports of people with different PBs from the same mag and the Japanese Wiki listed 3 kinds for each mag type. I can only think of 2 possibilities, either its random on which PB you get or you get all of them while leveling your mag.

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:58 PM
ohhh then Photon Blast chages as they evolve?

Sonngyie
Jun 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
so can have more than one Photon Blast???? @_@

Vashyron
Jun 20, 2012, 12:01 AM
I read reports of people with different PBs from the same mag and the Japanese Wiki listed 3 kinds for each mag type. I can only think of 2 possibilities, either its random on which PB you get or you get all of them while leveling your mag.

Only had experience with Mags in the Closed Beta, which the PBs were fixed on the first evolution.

Potentially changed in the Pre-Open Beta, I never leveled Mags in it.

so can have more than one Photon Blast???? @_@

No, only one.

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:08 AM
oh which means PB changes as they evolve? then even i get force mag for PP, it can change to diff one???

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 12:11 AM
Only had experience with Mags in the Closed Beta, which the PBs were fixed on the first evolution.

Potentially changed in the Pre-Open Beta, I never leveled Mags in it.

I remember reading some where someone saying their mag evolved again with a different PB at something like lvl 94 but I dont remember. From the descriptions it seems like the 3 kinds of PB for each mag get stronger, making me think they might all be available from leveling the mag. Guess only time will tell.

oh which means PB changes as they evolve? then even i get force mag for PP, it can change to diff one???

No no. We are unsure. But we know you get at least 1 PB when your mag first evolves.

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:16 AM
oh umm since im not sure which PB i can get, should i choose diff evolve type? rather than force mag? i wanted to support low tech on cast with mag but sounds like its really hard :x

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 12:19 AM
oh umm since im not sure which PB i can get, should i choose diff evolve type? rather than force mag? i wanted to support low tech on cast with mag but sounds like its really hard :x

What class will you be playing?

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:21 AM
my main class will be hunter then side class will be ranger

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 12:25 AM
You should chose between Striking Mag (only useful for hunter), Shooting mag (only useful for ranger), or Skill/Ability Mag (useful for all classes). Its up to you.

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:28 AM
ummmm its harddddd nd looks like force mag is not ma type of mag lol

Sonngyie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:28 AM
anyways thanks for answering ma question nd giving more info!! <3