PDA

View Full Version : Where are the dropcharts?

Priest
Jun 20, 2012, 12:49 AM
I find it hard to believe no one could have documented any drops they found during these tests, from what, or where. Is it because they might not be the same as release so no one bothered?

PSO2 included that dandy feature of showing what items were dropped during each quest, and how many times they were found, but never showed what exactly what mob dropped it. It also showed two rares in each quest description, but I never knew if those were what the most recently found rares were, or if those are some kind of "hot" items that are dropping right now.

In short, where did people find those big purple and gold weapons, as in, rushing dragon and he dropped it? or farming PSE bursts when dragon suddenly appeared and dropped it there?

goldwing
Jun 20, 2012, 12:53 AM
We havent had much to go on so its not to hard to belive. Sides there is a site from cbt but i forget where and its a jp site ofc

Mike
Jun 20, 2012, 02:11 AM
The drop charts haven't always been the same and have changed between each test which is why there isn't too much info yet.

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 02:20 AM
The drop charts haven't always been the same and have changed between each test which is why there isn't too much info yet.

This.

I would hate to make a drop chart for each beta phase unless they lasted months to years. Its best to wait till A release or semi-release to start all that work.

catwat
Jun 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
You can check any item that could possibly drop at the counter before the mission. It was the third option when selecting a mission i think. Also at the mission selection on the right side you will see icons of items. Those are the ones you are possible to find.

This system is kinda weird since rares rotate by some factor i don't really know. In CBT i got tons of rare gunslashes and never found the rare spear, both were dropping at caves.

My guess is it changes over time or when you play different missions.
The additional info is going to be premium only i guess since it's pretty damn awesome. For monsters it showed a percentage of possibility to spawn and for items it showed how often that item was found followed by a percentage aswell. Not really a droprate but it gives a good idea how rare the one you are looking for is.

Priest
Jun 20, 2012, 10:44 AM
Also at the mission selection on the right side you will see icons of items. Those are the ones you are possible to find.

This is what I'm most curious about. Are those really the only 2 rare items that you can find at any given moment? Is that proven some where? I want to know if that's the case, OR if those are just the two most recently found rares only.

catwat
Jun 20, 2012, 02:09 PM
Im going all out and say it is 100% correct. Those items shown on the right are the only possible "rares" you can find when starting the mission. Sometimes they arent even real rares in star rating but just the rarest stuff you could get out of the drops in that mission, if that makes more sense.

The thing why i am so sure about it is, is because i found a striker staff in one of the earlier missions and i never ever got one dropped again (in about 100 hours of playtime). Im not sure but i think it was the third one from top on the list, and It showed up before the mission launched in that info page. The other thing is the 7 star gunslash as mentioned earlier. I never had the chance to get into a mission where i could get a rare spear and i didnt get one in the end. The chance to get them was also significantly smaller (like 1 to 10 in comparison to the gunslash in that droplist) than the gunslash. Almost every 2nd guy i met in the game had at least one or multiple of those and i only saw like 2 people with the spear in the lobby.

This system is kinda weird since rares rotate by some factor i don't really know

Also my new guess is there could be some internal timer like beat time in PSO and rares would switch around by that, or just what time of day you play. Or it could be class dependant or both, i dunno. I never thought about that too much while playing. I should have asked other party members what stuff they get shown, that would be the most helpfull. Well tomorrow then..

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/

That wiki has some info regarding certain rare items. Of course, expect it to change once the game itself is released for real.

RocSage
Jun 20, 2012, 03:12 PM
They're in the game under one of the mission options ^.^