PDA

View Full Version : so if a weapon's attribute is not penalized if used on a mob with same attribute

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 01:10 AM
is it the same way for techs? i'd assume so but i may as well make sure before spamming fire skills on fire attribute enemies just because i'm a fire wizzurd.

just to make sure my question is clearly explained:

if i use an ice tech against a monster that is weak to fire (which means it's native attribute should logically be ice), will i do less damage? or will it just do regular damage.

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 01:13 AM
I would like to see a healing mechanic when attacking with the same element. Penalize people for not paying attention/not thinking ahead/just mindlessly mashing attack. XD I just enjoy variety.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 01:18 AM
i have a feeling that you're not penalized mainly because when you target an enemy it no longer says what type it is.

it only says what it's weak to.

it states "弱点” which means weak point or weakness, and then an attribute. so because it no longer states exactly what attribute a mob is, i feel like it implies that for both weapon attributes and techs, using what would be considered a mob's native element against it through logic, is no longer penalized.

Lumir
Jun 20, 2012, 01:33 AM
I dunno, it would make sense that you wouldnt gain any bonus for using the same attribute against it, you should just do damage based on your force stat.

With weapons you just deal normal damage since the sword still slices the enemy.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 20, 2012, 01:53 AM
I sort of agree. I mean, if you stab a dragon that breaths fire with a fire sword, the sword is still piercing its scales and doing damage to it. I don't see how fire would heal or lesson the damage caused by that blade going into it. >w<

Of course, applying physics to video games is kind of silly and it could have other factors to consider for other monsters, but I do think that it is clear enough to see why it wouldn't take away from the basic damage amount.

Also, from a perspective of what's sensual to fun~ It's not typically fun being penalized, but it is almost always fun being rewarded! The fact that you can do 50% or so more damage using the right element will make it worth utilizing more than one element!
So, you have to ask, is it really necessary to have to penalize people when there is already a strong intensive to utilize more than one element? :3

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 02:38 AM
I sort of agree. I mean, if you stab a dragon that breaths fire with a fire sword, the sword is still piercing its scales and doing damage to it. I don't see how fire would heal or lesson the damage caused by that blade going into it. >w<

Of course, applying physics to video games is kind of silly and it could have other factors to consider for other monsters, but I do think that it is clear enough to see why it wouldn't take away from the basic damage amount.

Also, from a perspective of what's sensual to fun~ It's not typically fun being penalized, but it is almost always fun being rewarded! The fact that you can do 50% or so more damage using the right element will make it worth utilizing more than one element!
So, you have to ask, is it really necessary to have to penalize people when there is already a strong intensive to utilize more than one element? :3

honestly although i guess using elemental weakness as incentive to utilize more than once element is strong, pp tech charge revival and bold pp tech charge seem like the a stronger incentive, to just spam bolt techs all day.

but that's getting off topic, it seems like nobody actually knows for sure. all this thread is producing is reasons why punishment/no punishment is good.

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 02:52 AM
lol fire wizzurd. why you always type liek your keybord is borked?

Mike
Jun 20, 2012, 03:17 AM
When playing, you may have noticed that enemies don't actually have elements. The info box that comes up over enemies only shows weak points. So unless you're attacking with an element that enemy is weak against, you're going to be doing normal damage.

EDIT: This is moot if enemies do have elements but that info is just hidden from the player though.