PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

masoncoram
Jun 20, 2012, 03:58 AM
I have heard some people talk about changing the class of their character, is this possible through esthe's (?) shop, or available through AC? Or am I just crazy?

mhjc
Jun 20, 2012, 04:03 AM
You just go to the class counter and change it at the press of a button. That's it. No AC cost or anything to spend to change your class.

Cherri420
Jun 20, 2012, 04:05 AM
Awesome!

masoncoram
Jun 20, 2012, 04:13 AM
You just go to the class counter and change it at the press of a button. That's it. No AC cost or anything to spend to change your class.

Good Gracious! You must be kidding me! One character isn't sounding so bad after all ^^;

arigatou gozaimasu !

supersonix9
Jun 20, 2012, 04:58 AM
Yep, there's absolutely no reason that you NEED to make a new character, which is great.

That is, unless you're one of those stats people who will do anything for the extra 1 or 2 Force/Range/Melee Power using a different race.

(You can just make a new account anyways if you don't want to spend AC.)

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 08:03 AM
The main reason I can see for having multiple characters is because you want to fully build and skill-assign two different classes at the same time. When you switch classes, what happens to all of your assigned skill points?

mhjc
Jun 20, 2012, 08:06 AM
The main reason I can see for having multiple characters is because you want to fully build and skill-assign two different classes at the same time. When you switch classes, what happens to all of your assigned skill points?

Nothing happens to them.
Your level reverts to 1 if that's the level of the class you switched to.

IE: Hunter lv7 changes to Force.
Hunter becomes Lv1 Force instead.
Hunter skills are incompatible with Force, so no conflicts.
Force hits lv2, then levels up force skill tree with 2 skill points.
Force turns back into Hunter, becomes lv7 with old hunter skill tree.

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 08:07 AM
Nothing happens to them.
Your level reverts to 1 if that's the level of the class you switched to.

IE: Hunter lv7 changes to Force.
Hunter becomes Lv1 Force instead.
Hunter skills are incompatible with Force, so no conflicts.
Force hits lv2, then levels up force skill tree with 2 skill points.
Force turns back into Hunter, becomes lv7 with old hunter skill tree.

Got it, so it's more of a complete character reset then? Minus the character creation, of course.

mhjc
Jun 20, 2012, 08:09 AM
Got it, so it's more of a complete character reset then? Minus the character creation, of course.

Sort of, there's no hybrid thing going on so far. Just remember that you'll have your items unequipped from you when you do so, so you'll have to readjust and/or use new units and weapons.
The main problem with changing class is that your mag doesn't get reset, so the way you specialize your mag may not favor the class you change into.

Ezodagrom
Jun 20, 2012, 08:16 AM
Yep, there's absolutely no reason that you NEED to make a new character, which is great.

That is, unless you're one of those stats people who will do anything for the extra 1 or 2 Force/Range/Melee Power using a different race.

(You can just make a new account anyways if you don't want to spend AC.)
Well, there's another reason to want a 2nd character for a differeny class other than caring too much about stats.

For example, I'm going to get a 2nd and maybe a 3rd character slot to support SEGA somehow (don't really feel like getting premium or try the clothes scratch at the beginning), and I don't really want to have to change equipment every time I change class. ^^;

MasterChuck
Jun 20, 2012, 09:22 AM
How do you assign skill points? Like, where is it done? I never figured that out in pOBT.