PDA

View Full Version : Event Planning a Meet & Greet for Next Week

Rizen
Jun 20, 2012, 05:32 AM
Hello everyone!

Many of you who played PSU are no stranger with the Meetups and Meet & Greet. We also had something similar on PSO2 CBT for Icespike's video which had a great turn out! I would like to see those numbers again, but this time for a meeting for getting to know your fellow players and even meeting new ones if you haven't tried to already!

I've hosted a few in the past, and I would like to try to do the same for PSO2. I tend to plan in stages so that there is data to use to organize future events and others can look over in case they want to do something as well. This thread kinda primer for the next, so excuse my briefness.

So first thing I would like to ask is...what timezone are you from? I will put up a poll to answer.
Also, put what times you are available so that I can add that in at some point else where.

Polly
Jun 20, 2012, 05:38 AM
I'm available anytime after 4:30PM EDT next week.

I won't even charge for autographs during this one. Just this once though.

jiasu73
Jun 20, 2012, 05:43 AM
Sad i missed the earlier ones since i did not attend the CBT, so thanks for holding this kind of event again. Next week i should be available anytime from 9am-6pm and 9pm-12am PST.

supersonix9
Jun 20, 2012, 05:49 AM
Sounds cool.

CelestialBlade
Jun 20, 2012, 05:59 AM
I'll be there if time allows. I'm pretty busy on weekends but my general timeframe is 4pm to 11pm EST, mostly on weekdays. I love these events so I hope I can make it :D

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 06:04 AM
Hello everyone!

Many of you who played PSU are no stranger with the Meetups and Meet & Greet. We also had something similar on PSO2 CBT for Icespike's video which had a great turn out! I would like to see those numbers again, but this time for a meeting for getting to know your fellow players and even meeting new ones if you haven't tried to already!

I've hosted a few in the past, and I would like to try to do the same for PSO2. I tend to plan in stages so that there is data to use to organize future events and others can look over in case they want to do something as well. This thread kinda primer for the next, so excuse my briefness.

So first thing I would like to ask is...what timezone are you from? I will put up a poll to answer.
Also, put what times you are available so that I can add that in at some point else where.

Hey Rizen. Was this you?

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/hangoutwithmywangout/Phantasy%20Star/3606345-4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rizen
Jun 20, 2012, 06:07 AM
Yes that was! :D

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 06:20 AM
Yes that was! :D

Thought some more nostalgia couldn't hurt. Here is one of the earliest meetup places in PSU. We played naked duck-duck-goose games at this spring. I'm down for wherever/whenever you guys decide for the new meetup :D (Preferably afternoon weekdays or weekends.)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/hangoutwithmywangout/Phantasy%20Star/3618982-4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Pyrii
Jun 20, 2012, 06:24 AM
I'm in England and I'm sure most of Europe will want to join, so finding a good time during the weekends, or Sunday where both are playing at the same time is good.

MasterSpark
Jun 20, 2012, 06:25 AM
I'll certainly be joining a meet & greet. I love those things. :)

mhjc
Jun 20, 2012, 06:27 AM
I'd love to join. Just need to find a weekend and agreeable time frame for everyone to meet at. Most people are free on the weekend so something around there may work for nearly everyone...

Rizen
Jun 20, 2012, 06:43 AM
I'd love to join. Just need to find a weekend and agreeable time frame for everyone to meet at. Most people are free on the weekend so something around there may work for nearly everyone...

Friday and Saturday are ideal. I remember last time I polled, Saturday won by a landslide.

rukobizen
Jun 20, 2012, 06:45 AM
This sounds like an amazing idea, I can't wait. I would prefer a saturday or sunday, if possible.

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 07:59 AM
EST here (looks like majority of votes so far are the same). If I know when and where the meet and greet is, I can be available at any time. Thought whatever time zone you base it off of, you may want to do it later in the day for that time zone, so it doesn't conflict with work/class schedules.

Rizen
Jun 20, 2012, 08:10 AM
EST here (looks like majority of votes so far are the same). If I know when and where the meet and greet is, I can be available at any time. Thought whatever time zone you base it off of, you may want to do it later in the day for that time zone, so it doesn't conflict with work/class schedules.
First time we planned in PSU, people choose 12 PM EST on Saturday because that is what accommodated the most people from everywhere. The timezone is basically to see where the meat of the population is from so that the turn out is larger.

Still may be the same, but that was close to 7 years ago. I will never assume and make an -ass- out of -u- and -me- (see what I did there? :) ).

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 08:11 AM
I will never assume and make an -ass- out of -u- and -me- (see what I did there? :) ).

Oh I see full well what you did there. 8-)

Anyway yeah I will continue to watch for your threads, I'd love to join in on this!

Vintasticvin
Jun 20, 2012, 08:37 AM
Central time here and I vote on the weekends to thesr events to be schedueled (I know I didnt spelled that right) and I'll be seeing you guys and gals on pso2 official =3

Massaki
Jun 20, 2012, 08:43 AM
GMT here. I agree with everyone has said about these events being done on weekends (even tho, personally, it could be any day for me). Haven't really participated in any of them, but I'd personally love to do so.

imarafan
Jun 20, 2012, 08:50 AM
I'm probably one of the few who lives in UTC -3:00

I'd like to join but my only true free time would be between 15:00 and 17:00, I'd also add 22:30 onward but I'm going to be doing something else for this week (and my internet tends to suck at that time so I'm not sure if it would work so well for me).

Cherri420
Jun 20, 2012, 08:55 AM
Anytime is fine for me. Can't wait! :)

Zeke154
Jun 20, 2012, 09:00 AM
EST here, anytime on saturday/sunday works for me

earthsenshi
Jun 20, 2012, 09:15 AM
I would love to attend, but I found out during my first time playing (pre-open beta) that my comp doesn't have enough ram to play the game. Correction, it doesn't have enough ram to go fight things, but I seem to be fine in the lobbies.
I am normally in CST, but I'm currently in Japan..........
Just set up the times and I'll see what I can do to attend.

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
I would love to attend, but I found out during my first time playing (pre-open beta) that my comp doesn't have enough ram to play the game. Correction, it doesn't have enough ram to go fight things, but I seem to be fine in the lobbies.
I am normally in CST, but I'm currently in Japan..........

You can play the lobby game! :D

earthsenshi
Jun 20, 2012, 09:35 AM
You can play the lobby game! :D

For me, Pre-open beta WAS the lobby game.
Hey, at least I can still make the meet and greet if it's at a good time for me.

Rizen
Jun 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hopefully everyone will be settled down by next week. That way they will be more willing to actually sit still for shots! :D

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 01:46 PM
I'll come if I feel like it.

Any time would work.

goldwing
Jun 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
I wish i could give u a time frame from when im free but even i dont know. Tho id love to just find the prime time for us to meet.

Rizen
Jun 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'll come if I feel like it.

Any time would work.

I will take that as an RSVP. :)

bonethrack
Jun 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
I can show up pretty much when ever.

buri-chan
Jun 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
Just, uh, yell shit in the lobby. I'm sure I'll be breezing through.

mctastee
Jun 20, 2012, 01:56 PM
I am on pacific time, here. I am usually available between 11:30pm and 4:00am pacific time.

Soul Guardian
Jun 20, 2012, 03:37 PM
If it happens on a weekend, I'll probably be around. On weekdays I'm only normally on at like 11pm - 6am. (EST)

Coatl
Jun 20, 2012, 03:44 PM
EST (UTC - 5).
I've never participated in these meetups in past PS games.
But then again, my PS experience only branches out to PSO. n.n;

This sounds well-thought though.

Jk_Alentejano
Jun 20, 2012, 03:58 PM
I like this things, so if the time scheadule is possible for me count me in!
Now i have a somewhat flexible scheadule but i usually play betwen 00:00 and 03:00Am Gmt.

SolaceIX
Jun 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
I'd definitely enjoy something like this. Never really knew anyone during PSO/PSU/PSPo/2/i. I live in the CST zone. My times that I play are so random I don't really have a set time. Just post a schedule and I'm sure I can make it.

Randomness
Jun 20, 2012, 04:12 PM
Btw, the poll has the offsets wrong. DST is in effect. EDT is GMT-4, not -5.

AzureEternal
Jun 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
Never done a meet and greet, though I'm always up for new things. Count me in.

Anytime after 5pm EST.

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
I like this things, so if the time scheadule is possible for me count me in!
Now i have a somewhat flexible scheadule but i usually play betwen 00:00 and 03:00Am Gmt.

Não vais ter grandes problemas então, é uma hora em que ha bastante pessoal online.

i felt like using my language for once.

[spoiler-box]you wont have much problem playing then, its a good time and there's allot of players online at that time.[/spoiler-box]

RocSage
Jun 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
Asking people what time is best never works because someone always says "I can't attend due to time. Can you move it?" within a few posts when you state the time.

Coatl
Jun 20, 2012, 06:06 PM
Asking people what time is best never works because someone always says "I can't attend due to time. Can you move it?" within a few posts when you state the time.

It might be best to have more than one "Meet & Greet" planned out to increase the number of participating attendees and make everyone happy.

Rizen
Jun 20, 2012, 06:21 PM

The thing is, you do not ask to accommodate every single person, you ask to get a general idea of what most people's schedules are like. From there, you make a decision on time or give narrowed down time selection to pick from. This is how it was done in the past and the turn out was great.

It might be best to have more than one "Meet & Greet" planned out to increase the number of participating attendees and make everyone happy.
You can never make everyone happy. :)

The thing about having more than one planned is you risk reducing the amount of people attending. People tend to have the mentality of "one or the other" and won't attend both. The idea is to have as many people show up as possible. I know a few people are like "how will you meet people with so many people there?" People tend to break off into smaller groups and start talking among themselves and people of similar interest chime into those conversations. It is chaotic, but overall it is a good experience.

There will be more than one planned throughout the year, so if people miss one, they can more than likely make another one planned down the line.

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
The thing about having more than one planned is you risk reducing the amount of people attending. People tend to have the mentality of "one or the other" and won't attend both.

From a psychological standpoint this^ is true. Best to have one big meetup and everyone tries to work with their schedules. Different days can possibly be accommodated in the future :)

Rizen
Jun 22, 2012, 06:09 AM
Since the forum rampant activity is down, I thought I would bring this back for a few more votes because I move on to the next thing.

Cherri420
Jun 22, 2012, 09:12 AM
Since the forum rampant activity is down, I thought I would bring this back for a few more votes because I move on to the next thing.

Any Idea when yet?

Rizen
Jun 22, 2012, 11:15 AM
Any Idea when yet?
It's going to be on a Saturday for sure. As for the time frame...that's what the next topic will be about.