PDA

View Full Version : GODDAMN THE MOST INTERESTING STORIES ARE THE ONES WITH PLOTHOLES EEEEVERYWHERE

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 07:39 AM
OR JUST SHITTY EXPLANATIONS HOLY FUCK THIS FRUSTRATES ME LOOOOOOOL

i just finished 999 for the ds. it was actually really good and the story was touching. but there were just about, uh, A ZILLION PLOTHOLES so i went to research more on the story and etc.

then i get referred to actual answers provided by the director/story line creator himself on the game's official website, and HO BOY SOME OF THE ANSWERS HE GIVES ARE PRETTY RIDICULOUS LOL\

SOME OF THEM SEEM LIKE HE JUST FOUND CRAZY WAYS TO EXPLAIN STUFF THAT HAD NO PLANNED EXPLANATION IN THE FIRST PLACE, IN ALL HONESTY. HE JUST HAD TO HURRY UP AND FINISH THE DAMN GAME

i feel like this is what pissed people off about 20th century boys and other similar mangas. i haven't read that manga yet but after 999 i don't think i ever will.

seemingly inexplicable events occur that fascinate the reader and then this is what happens next:

the story ends with a bunch of plot holes/loose ends, as in way too fukkn many

OR

the story ends but the solutions are just ridiculous/stupid.

now a proper story would strive to make sure the above do not happen BUT NOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the whole idea of the game and basing it around actual crazy theories developed in the past and connecting them all together was well done. imo the story now seems like a literature essay thesis explaining historical events possibly tied to the main theme of that morphologicalblahblah theory whatever, that got mashed into a blender and turned into a story.

and it was captivating as FUCK! it was so goddamn interesting and then THEY JUST CHEW ME UP AND SPIT ME OUT LIKE THIS ARRRRRRGHH

THE FRUSTRAAAAAAAATIOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

THIS IS THE SAME AS THE TV SERIES LOOOOOOOOOOSTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AGJLGDKLFJKLFJDKLASFJKDSLAFJKDLSJFKDLSFJDKLSJFKDLF JKL

THEY'RE ALL THE SAME *falls to knees* THEY'RE ALL they're all the same *pounds the floor with fists* they're

they're all the same

they're all the same *continues hitting the ground*

ggghgh hic gighgg they're ghgg all the ghghghgh hic same *sniff*

NoiseHERO
Jun 20, 2012, 05:48 PM
I wish that game came out before the DS'S shovelware overdose phase. Then I would've beaten it...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 20, 2012, 09:16 PM
That's kinda how Japan makes their stories, when including even literal works already told in established canon outside their new game worlds and spiky haired heroes with hipster vests.

Might be a product of too many hands on the story.