PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Is the best part of PSO, helping others level up?

MetalestX
Jun 20, 2012, 08:59 AM
Cause to me it seemed the most rewarding thing, after being in a very high level.

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 09:00 AM
I used to do that a lot back in PSOGC, especially since a lot of people kept losing their chars to FSOD and the likes.

MasterChuck
Jun 20, 2012, 09:01 AM
I find helping others rewarding, but the best part? Eh, not really. Exploring and hunting rares tops my list.

sugarFO
Jun 20, 2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah! I just wanna play with friends and enjoy every moment. I dont wanna burn out on this gem!

MetalestX
Jun 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
Getting rares :P?

Macman
Jun 20, 2012, 09:04 AM
I loved teaching new players back on PSOBB. It's rewarding in it's own right, but I think the best part is being part in a server-wide event.

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 09:10 AM
My favorite thing I think is the community. I've played so many MMO's and MMORPG's. There has always been something so incredibly unique about the PSO fanbase, I can't even describe it. Just chilling in the lobby and interacting with you guys gives me a lot of enjoyment.

Leica
Jun 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
My favorite thing I think is the community. I've played so many MMO's and MMORPG's. There has always been something so incredibly unique about the PSO fanbase, I can't even describe it. Just chilling in the lobby and interacting with you guys gives me a lot of enjoyment.

Well said! Making friends and being helpful really do make the most out of an MMO experience. Helping noobs can be especially fun once you see them start to really take the game seriously XD THEY GROW SO FAST

oifjustus
Jun 20, 2012, 11:17 AM
Well with previous versions (psu excluded) my favorite thing was hunting those rare mobs and hoping to find that shiny little redbox!

I'm sure it will be the same on PSO2 :D

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 11:21 AM

Agreed. Some of my most memorable experiences of the old PSO days comes from chilling in the lobbies with other PSO fans (PHOTON CHAIR RACES)

Though in a more selfish sense, I love rare hunting. Nothing gave me quite the same feel as seeing that red box drop in PSO.

EXPFULL
Jun 20, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cause to me it seemed the most rewarding thing, after being in a very high level.

...and it's even better in this game. You can help people lvl but don't have to feel guilty if you pick up a drop :D

Chaosfissure
Jun 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
I seriously enjoyed PSO for its community. I enjoy trying to help others out; while I also like hunting rares and those aspects, the community is more important to me than being the absolute best. I feel a great sense of satisfaction if I can help someone out, provided that they aren't nagging and begging for it.

If you can have a friend you helped level join you, then it might make it easier to do hunts, plus increase the chance for a person to find an item and possibly trade it later on. Moreso in PSO2 than 1 - since drops are no longer a mad rush for all people to obtain one rare drop that falls, having a group of people you know or participate with all at a higher level seems better than you just being able to solo stuff.

That being said, I have to disagree with helping people level being the best part of PSO. I did win one of those monster slaying events in closed beta, and having your name on a banner is rather cool. But honestly, I find having fun in a group is the best part of PSO, because something silly is bound to happen that makes a game more memorable.

A group of friends you can talk to and play with actively is, in my opinion, the best part of the game. Heck, I remember the amazing fun we had with the mimic monkeys in Closed Beta...that was just hilarious XD

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention the multi-party areas. Now that's a fun aspect of the game. One of my favorites for sure.

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
You all are a bunch of fools.
The best part of PSO was to spam TTF´s all night long, then realize it was 6.45Am with your work turn starting at 8, then turning off the GC, staring at the rising fun and
wondering about the meaning of life.

Nah, half jokes aside, PSO was a very special social experiment and created something unique, can´t say it was all good ( there was a lot of evil within it ) but it was unique.

Fusioneko
Jun 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Agreed. Some of my most memorable experiences of the old PSO days comes from chilling in the lobbies with other PSO fans (PHOTON CHAIR RACES)

Though in a more selfish sense, I love rare hunting. Nothing gave me quite the same feel as seeing that red box drop in PSO.

Until it was that item you have six of, or a Photon Drop, particularly you didn't need them, but they shoved their face there.

Daisengan
Jun 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Really enjoyed PSO's community. Nobody was really an ass in the game. Overall, it had a great community IMO. You gotta admit though, it was pretty fun helping others level up, or learning the basics, even though I would hate having to go through all of the beginning stuff over and over again.

Ult TTF spam, never getting Red Ring :[

mctastee
Jun 20, 2012, 02:13 PM
Well with previous versions (psu excluded) my favorite thing was hunting those rare mobs and hoping to find that shiny little redbox!

I'm sure it will be the same on PSO2 :D
I used to jizz in my pants everytime I found one of those red boxes.

MetalestX
Jun 20, 2012, 04:35 PM
u r correct :3