PDA

View Full Version : PSE Burst Question

Aiex
Jun 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
I played in the closed and pre-open betas but was never able to get a good understanding of PSE bursts. Could somebody explain what the PSE levels are and what makes a PSE burst start?

On a completely unrelated note, do rod/talis percents affect tech damage or just melee damage? I forgot to test that during the last two betas.

Leica
Jun 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
This is from the Sticky Info thread:

SE and PSE burst:
-There is a new component known as "photon sensitive effect."
-There is a fixed probability of PSE occurring while you continuously defeat enemies.
-Attack power, drop rates and Meseta drop quantities are all boosted for a fixed period when PSE occurs.
-If you acquire an "evolved drop" (details unknown) from killing an enemy, you get even more boosted attack power, drop rates and Meseta payout.
-If consecutive PSEs occur, you can perform a "PSE burst."
-Bonuses from a PSE burst last for one minute and include even higher drop rates and highly increased number of enemies that appear.
-You can extend the PSE burst's duration by killing more and more enemies.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
is there a way to avoid PSE Bursts? I think it may cause my PC to crash when they happen :/ My PC freezes randomly while playing PSU and sometimes if it recovers it says my graphics card is having issues.

I'm assuming its PSE Bursts causing it as I have never seen a PSE Burst happen.

thablinksta
Jun 20, 2012, 01:03 PM

SE and PSE burst:
-There is a fixed probability of PSE occurring while you continuously defeat enemies.
-Attack power, drop rates and Meseta drop quantities are all boosted for a fixed period when PSE occurs.
-If you acquire an "evolved drop" (details unknown) from killing an enemy, you get even more boosted attack power, drop rates and Meseta payout.
-Bonuses from a PSE burst last for one minute and include even higher drop rates and highly increased number of enemies that appear.

that "increased drop rates" part sounds awesome

dias_flac_0g
Jun 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
That sounds like it's time for a new pc actually =/

On a serious note, it's either a driver problem or your GPU just cant handle the games.

Aiex
Jun 20, 2012, 01:10 PM

SE and PSE burst:

Yeah, I saw this in the stickied thread, but I was hoping for more detail. It says you can perform a PSE burst - does that mean you have to do something to start it, or does it go automatically? When you're playing sometimes a PSE symbol appears in the top right hand corner of the screen, what does that mean?

goombazoid
Jun 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
I'm confused on the:

How do you actually "perform" it? Is it just get enough PSEs in a row and it happens?

Leica
Jun 20, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I saw this in the stickied thread, but I was hoping for more detail. It says you can perform a PSE burst - does that mean you have to do something to start it, or does it go automatically? When you're playing sometimes a PSE symbol appears in the top right hand corner of the screen, what does that mean?

This is all that I've heard about the PSE Burst besides the info thread. From what I can tell it activates automatically after chaining enough PSEs. Not sure what the symbol at top right means.

So, I didn't get really into it earlier but now that I watch all those vids with moar and moar loots during PSE burst, I find myself wondering how this burst trigger.

I know we have 3 sorts of PSE buff coming from kills (those ligthning thingy when we kill mobs) :

Yellow buff : Increase the amount of meseta droped. You can see it in the desription of your loot "XX+Y" (XX the base amount and Y the bonus which is a % from the base)
Blue buff : Increase PP regen ? (Just a guess since there s 'PP' somewhere in the buff description >.<)
Red buff : Don't know about this one, drop rate ? Damage boost ?

It seems the higher your buff level is, the sooner it runs out (I don't think i got higher than lvl7)

When triggering a PSE burst, first you get a timer and when you trigger another lightning, you get the actual burst ?
Is this some sort of waves of foes to clear before time run out (to get to the next burst/wave ) ?
During the burst, when you trigger more lightning kills, it seems you get some time bonus too.

So now, to the main questions :
- Is there something specific to do to trigger those lightning ? (Seems completly random to me o.o)
- When does the PSE burst trigger ? (When you reach max lvl with the 3 buffs ?)

Looking at this feature, it really seems that playing in multi-party area with people you know will give a huge profit in loots.
(Solo players will have a hard time triggering all those :P)

Source thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193146

buri-chan
Jun 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
You kill some Boost monsters until it goes into PSE mode. Keep killing to extend the time. If you run into someone else with PSE active, it goes into PSE Burst. During a Burst, drop rates and pop rates go insane and you're left with an entire screen of items when it's over.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
That sounds like it's time for a new pc actually =/

On a serious note, it's either a driver problem or your GPU just cant handle the games.

that's realy sad :/ It runs the rest of the game perfectly fine without any other issues. But it is below the requirements.

I guess I just cant play PSO2. Dont have money for a new PC and wont for a very long time.

kdrakari
Jun 20, 2012, 02:09 PM
You can try locking out multiparty areas, if I recall correctly you can get PSE from other players in the same area so making it just you should at least decrease the chances.

But if everything else is smooth then just the increased strain from burst shouldn't go all the way to crashing the game. It's probably something more specific, especially if it happens consistently every time you get PSE burst you crash immediately, but I still can't offer anything except help on avoiding it.

Aeris
Jun 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
that's realy sad :/ It runs the rest of the game perfectly fine without any other issues. But it is below the requirements.

I guess I just cant play PSO2. Dont have money for a new PC and wont for a very long time.

Turn off shaders and put textures on normal or compressed, seems like that gpu can't handle rendering alot on the screen and whats your specs since i forgot i said it in another thread though.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks everyone :) Tomorrow I'll be able to see if I can figure out anything to get a PSE Burst going :P

OpheliaInfinity
Jun 20, 2012, 03:23 PM
So where does the "Cross Burst" (think that's what i saw) fit into all this? Is it like a sooper dooper PSE burst? :rappy: Maybe multiple 'burst' events happening at the same time? o.O

It happened on the special city mission and it was crazy. Also when the time ran out the lovely announcer said "One More!" and it happened again. :3

Aeris
Jun 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Cross Burst happens only in multiparty areas when other parties join in on the PSE burst which is fun.

Vashyron
Jun 20, 2012, 04:20 PM
Actually I believe Cross Burst is when you increase 2 different PSEs to the required level of a Burst.

skuld01
Jun 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
When mob spawn rate increase + exp rate increase + meseta rate increase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHAZFTUiJw4

(Is there a drop rate increase PSE available..?)

Yunfa
Jun 20, 2012, 09:21 PM
I just slammed down 950$ for a SUUUUPERRRRR PC. I can w8 to get it on in a few hours!!!

DoubleCannon
Jun 20, 2012, 10:59 PM
When mob spawn rate increase + exp rate increase + meseta rate increase

PSO2 Closed Beta More cross burst... - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHAZFTUiJw4)

(Is there a drop rate increase PSE available..?)

AAATATATATATATATATA! lol never gets old haha. btw i dunno what would be longer.. the pse cross burst or the aftermath of picking all those items up ^^