PDA

View Full Version : The official "get the right hieight" thread!

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 12:41 PM
EDIT: Spelling fail on my subject line lol.

Ive noticed during the beta that when people create their characters and go into the game, they come up... "short". :-)

So, I figured I would make this thread so I don't see so many midgets this time. The game measures your character in centimeters.

Here is the average height for a male and female in (cm):

Male: 178.2 cm (5' 10.2")

Female: 164.1 cm (5' 4.6")

mmmkay? Don't make your character and then come out and be all, "why are you guys so tall?"

*Holds in laughter.:wink:

Also, to give an example, I am considered "tall" IRL by many as I am 6'3 (190.5 cm). mmmkay?

buri-chan
Jun 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
162, but 172 with the Hunter costume's high heels~

eharima
Jun 20, 2012, 12:46 PM
Here is the average height for and female in (cm):

Thats not how lolis work.

Ima male cast so slider went to max ^^

also 6'6 irl

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 12:46 PM
Dem high heels

Thats not how lolis work.

Ima male cast so slider went to max ^^

also 6'6 irl

MY GAWWD 6'6? And I thought I was tall.

YOU MONSTAH! :O lol

jk. Now I dont feel so alone :)

Zorafim
Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM
I went for head-to-body proportions. So I came out taller than usual. Dem anime heads are too big.

ashley50
Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM
You have problem with midgets or something?

Zaix
Jun 20, 2012, 12:49 PM
172 for my character normally.

I've noticed if you have it set just right your height changes based on movement...I had mine fluctuating between 172 and 173 when she stood up a bit straighter at times.

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 12:49 PM
You have problem with midgets or something?

Pulls collar*

N-n-n-no, why would you say that? :O

172 for my character normally.

I've noticed if you have it set just right your height changes based on movement...I had mine fluctuating between 172 and 173 when she stood up a bit straighter at times.

Oh wow, didn't know that.

ellu
Jun 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
My characters will always be tiny~
kukukuku

Leica
Jun 20, 2012, 12:51 PM
Yay, mine is 165 :D Thanks for the info!

dias_flac_0g
Jun 20, 2012, 12:52 PM
MY GAWWD 6'6? And I thought I was tall.

YOU MONSTAH! :O lol

jk. Now I dont feel so alone :)

Damn that guy IS a MONSTAH!!!! :O

It would suck if his "pee pee" isn't up to his height though? Imagine how funny that would look? A tall ass MONSTAH with a very small you know! =P

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
I put my character to max height! ;D
One, because I'm tall in real life, well, for a girl anyways. >w<
And two, because I based my character on KOS-MOS who was fairly tall as well. ^w^

Don't get me wrong though, I played lolita character before, and I think they are super cute and just adorable~
But I like to mix it up with my games, and well, in my other MMO I play, Tera, I play as an Elin, so it made sense for me to go with a taller character for this MMO. x3

Also, I think I'll have nostalgic fun playing as KOS-MOS, hehe.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
I'm 6' 4".

Nassa is about 194cm, so that would make her roughly 6' 3". I like my gals tall. Well, at least her. My other female characters are a bit shorter. I just figured that the height would go with her musculature and overall 'mature, dominant' attitude.

bonethrack
Jun 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
went with 169 for my character just around my height so im fine with it

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
During my PSO career, i used a Humar called Saga Mew Mew, who was blonde, with the yellow Humar gear, was Yellowboze and was as small as you could make a character be.

I loved playing as him ( especially since weps did not scale ) and i looked like a yellow bolt when photon chair racing.

Some people just make small characters because they want to and not because they get the height wrong.

jtenma
I put my character to max height! ;D
One, because I'm tall in real life, well, for a girl anyways. >w<
And two, because I based my character on KOS-MOS who was fairly tall as well. ^w^

Don't get me wrong though, I played lolita character before, and I think they are super cute and just adorable~
But I like to mix it up with my games, and well, in my other MMO I play, Tera, I play as an Elin, so it made sense for me to go with a taller character for this MMO. x3

Also, I think I'll have nostalgic fun playing as KOS-MOS, hehe.

Haha, nice. I never did get to finish that trilogy of Xenosaga. Only played a little of the first one back in the day :( (too expensive to find now) She's in Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier though.

But yea, KOS-MOS is a nice one to try to recreate here.

MasterChuck
Where does the game display your height?

imarafan
I happen to be kind of a dwarf IRL.

I like my short character, thank you.

:-P

Daisengan
Jun 20, 2012, 01:02 PM
Set mine to 168ish. A little above average is fine I guess

Can't wait to see everybody later.

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
During my PSO career, i used a Humar called Saga Mew Mew, who was blonde, with the yellow Humar gear, was Yellowboze and was as small as you could make a character be.

I loved playing as him ( especially since weps did not scale ) and i looked like a yellow bolt when photon chair racing.

Some people just make small characters because they want to and not because they get the height wrong.

Well yeah, that makes sense with your character. But it seemed like everyone was super short because they thought that was "normal" height. I was a mammoth to them with my 169cm character. I shouldn't have been.

I felt so.... alone.

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
Where does the game display your height?

Top right, when you create your character.

Gardios
Jun 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
My character is 197cm or something because that makes it easier for him to pick apples.

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
Plus, hitting on underaged Fonewearls was much easier when your character looked small as well. nyahahahahahamauaHAHAHAjhdjawdawd ¬¬

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
Only one of my characters that is short is my main, at 5ft flat.

Must be terrible being a lil' runt like that! :wacko:

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Plus, hitting on underaged Fonewearls was much easier when your character looked small as well. nyahahahahahamauaHAHAHAjhdjawdawd ¬¬

Right there....just take a seat.

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
Right there....just take a seat.
She said she was 23! D:

mousel
Jun 20, 2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for this, though I already figured out my character too tall in POBT so I'm paying more attention this time :D a human female called mouse and 199cm=6'6" tall lol giant mouse.

I've got two ideas for characters right now that I really like. One is a human male with the slider maxed and pretty big in general. The other is a cast female (reincarnated mouse) at 171cm=5'7", which is I think about accurate for the character I based her off of - any ReBoot fans out there? :D

Anyway, I just tweaked them both once more after reading this thread. I've played with the character creator more than I've played any other game since POBT lol.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
Haha, nice. I never did get to finish that trilogy of Xenosaga. Only played a little of the first one back in the day :( (too expensive to find now) She's in Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier though.

But yea, KOS-MOS is a nice one to try to recreate here.

Ohh~ It's defiantly worth playing all three! So many, "OMG, KOS-MOS is so Epic! <3 *hugs screen* moments" Teehee.. ^^

Oh and, I'm 6 feet flat by the way. >w<

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:17 PM
Ohh~ It's defiantly worth playing all three! So many, "OMG, KOS-MOS is so Epic momments! <3 *hugs screen*" Teehee.. ^^

Oh and, I'm 6 feet flat by the way. >w<

You should not be embarassed, tall women are sexy, so be happy!
And about KOS-MOS.

You may want to play Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
She makes a cameo in them and is part of the story <3

And so is someone else from the saga, that i will not spoil º3º

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks for this, though I already figured out my character too tall in POBT so I'm paying more attention this time :D a human female called mouse and 199cm=6'6" tall lol giant mouse.

I've got two ideas for characters right now that I really like. One is a human male with the slider maxed and pretty big in general. The other is a cast female (reincarnated mouse) at 171cm=5'7", which is I think about accurate for the character I based her off of - any ReBoot fans out there? :D

Anyway, I just tweaked them both once more after reading this thread. I've played with the character creator more than I've played any other game since POBT lol.

LOL I saw you in-game, mouse! Were you the giant with the orange hair?

At least I think that was you o.o

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 20, 2012, 01:19 PM
I'll have to consider that then~ I'll do my best to make KOS-MOS cameo appearances in PSO2 as well in the meantime. ;3

jtenma
Jun 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
You should not be embarassed, tall women are sexy, so be happy!
And about KOS-MOS.

You may want to play Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
She makes a cameo in them and is part of the story <3

And so is someone else from the saga, that i will not spoil º3º

Yea, lots of cameos. Too bad about the 2nd game huh, no translation :(

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5Ti5eRas8

There you go :3

mousel
Jun 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
LOL I saw you in-game, mouse! Were you the giant with the orange hair?

At least I think that was you o.o

That was me! :D I guess one advantage of being overly tall (or short) is that you'll stick out more...bright orange hair helps too of course.

Alex Longstride
Jun 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
180cm (5' 11") IRL. Favil's HUmar boots make him/me 189CM.

kdrakari
Jun 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
I didn't check the numbers, but I had the height slider significantly to the right of the middle.

Aeris
Jun 20, 2012, 02:13 PM
My Newman is like 166 cm with her ranger costume on but choosing any others goes around 166 to 176 in height though.

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 02:16 PM
179, just like me -.-

Peejay
Jun 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
Two of my characters are decidedly short/flatchested because that's what the media I'm ripping them off of portrays them as. Myself is rather accurate, right down to height. Which is ah, about 5'6". Then I have Commander Black who is a hulking mass of pompadour and manliness.

FerrPSO
Jun 20, 2012, 02:22 PM
Take in mind that your suit adds some cms more, even males ones (dunno if some suits add more or less).

Mi char. (male Hunter with the first suit) is 185 with the suit, 177 without

catwat
Jun 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Made a Loli char just for laughs. All sliders lowered to the minimum lol.
It was fun to play because all monsters seemed huge all of a sudden. The sword is actually bigger than her aswell. More noticable on the the big chunk of metal one.

http://i.imgur.com/XSvJK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MEBAz.jpg

Anyway the character im going to play is 183 in height. ;-)

LK1721
Jun 20, 2012, 02:25 PM
My RAmarl is 175 (183 with suit), just a liiitle taller than I am IRL.

MasterSpark
Jun 20, 2012, 02:29 PM
My big clunky FOcast (who is, in all actuality, a woman) is 161cm tall. Short'n'wide. ^^

Zeke154
Jun 20, 2012, 02:30 PM
HUCast is 192cm

Gardios
Jun 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
Take in mind that your suit adds some cms more, even males ones (dunno if some suits add more or less).

Mi char. (male Hunter with the first suit) is 185 with the suit, 177 without

Yeah there are height differences based on costumes - the HUmar outift for example adds 8cm while the HUnewm outfit adds nada.

Phaesphora
Jun 20, 2012, 02:45 PM
Yep, this happened to me, but thanks to this thread I now know what that number means and can get it sorted before hopping online. Thanks!

Ryo
Jun 20, 2012, 02:49 PM
Ryo is 175 cm, 183cm in costume. I based it on my actual height.

Crysteon
Jun 20, 2012, 03:04 PM
187 with RAnewm costume, around 183 without it.

I'm 180 IRL...such a midget ;< /sarcasm

Neirene
Jun 20, 2012, 03:05 PM
My character is 186 cm without heels and with heels jumps to almost 196 ww

Shes a giant! lol moreover for real i'm only 168cm but I like to play with tall characters in games ^^

Polly
Jun 20, 2012, 03:23 PM
Final Kasera is at 173, so around 5'5"'ish.

Real life height is around 149'ish cm. Oof.

The difference sounds so much bigger in smaller units of measure. :\

Soul Guardian
Jun 20, 2012, 03:41 PM
my FOnewearl is 180cm, same as myself.