PDA

View Full Version : whats up with the lack of weapon types?

Ludamec
Jun 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
I'm coming from psp2 infinity where there was like 10-15 weapon types, huge variety. So far I've only seen like 6 or so for this game. Granted open beta is coming tomorrow aand the game is not officily released yet...has all the weapon types been revealed yet? I dont see the having an additional 6 types with no mention up until now...wheres the dual swords..twin daggers..shotguns and dual pistols..I havent played the game yet but the weak weapon variety right now is kinda killing my hype for the game...thoughts?

buri-chan
Jun 20, 2012, 02:55 PM
They're going to roll out more as they go along. That's why the level cap is low right now; if it was a full 200, people would have used all of their SP on useless weapons by the time they introduce new weapons and skills.

Gardios
Jun 20, 2012, 02:57 PM
More importantly, if they released everything at once, they would make less money in the long run.

FenixStryk
Jun 20, 2012, 02:59 PM
Daggers, Knuckles, Twin Sabers, Twin Mechguns and Wands(?) haven't been revealed yet. Expect them.

mhjc
Jun 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
I'm coming from psp2 infinity where there was like 10-15 weapon types, huge variety. So far I've only seen like 6 or so for this game. Granted open beta is coming tomorrow aand the game is not officily released yet...has all the weapon types been revealed yet? I dont see the having an additional 6 types with no mention up until now...wheres the dual swords..twin daggers..shotguns and dual pistols..I havent played the game yet but the weak weapon variety right now is kinda killing my hype for the game...thoughts?

Despite the lack of the huge variety of weapons, many could've been done without. I prefer the combo system of PSO2 so far instead of just spamming attacks to get high chains then do major damage with best PA. In this one, you can set up your PAs to help you take out specific foes and combo better. I'm looking forward to when they add more PAs and weapons, since they seem to want to make them satisfying overall.
I just wouldn't expect dual pistols at all. Twin Daggers, Twin swords and double sabers will likely show up though.

Zabrio
Jun 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
Daggers, Knuckles, Twin Sabers, Twin Mechguns and Wands(?) haven't been revealed yet. Expect them.

I just hope Double sabers come back. I want my Carriguine Rucar 3.0

Ludamec
Jun 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
Sakai spoiled us with infinity, though that game was PSU refined and polished from the last 5 years. PSO2 is still in its infant stages looking at the big picture...no choice but to wait and see I guess..

buri-chan
Jun 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
Essentially Infinity is everything we were promised in PSU. Just, uh, four years late.

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah it kinda sucks.
I hope they release new types soon : /

RocSage
Jun 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
The reason for less weapon variety is likely due to trying to balance the class weapon selection, at least early on.

Zorafim
Jun 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
I do have to admit, it's kind of weird that there aren't that many weapons out yet. I hope there's a good reason. I'm happy with my partisan though, so I can't complain.

Ryoga4523
Jun 20, 2012, 04:01 PM
So if we look at this historically, the original pso (dc) had handguns, swords, sabers, double saber, launcher, rifle, shot, wand, rod, daggers, disks (diska), partisan and mechguns. Then of course there were special weapons that were basically anyone of those weapons, but with special properties. yeah... after remembering all of the weapon types, and writing them down, 6 does seem grossly inadequate.

Randomness
Jun 20, 2012, 04:10 PM
So if we look at this historically, the original pso (dc) had handguns, swords, sabers, double saber, launcher, rifle, shot, wand, rod, daggers, disks (diska), partisan and mechguns. Then of course there were special weapons that were basically anyone of those weapons, but with special properties. yeah... after remembering all of the weapon types, and writing them down, 6 does seem grossly inadequate.

6? Three HU, two RA, two FO, and gunslash. That's 8.

Ryoga4523
Jun 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
6? Three HU, two RA, two FO, and gunslash. That's 8.

I was just going off what the TC stated. He said "6 or so"

But 8 is still moderately inadequate compared to the original PSO.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 04:23 PM
i figure the lack of weapon types is due to the uniqueness of the gameplay. because of the game play all weapon types are more difficult to create imo. especially for hunter.

every hunter weapon has a gear option. this means every hunter weapon has to think of a unique weapon that's style highly varies from the others, 6 photon arts, AND how those photon arts are effected by the weapon gear.

for rangers and forces it's a little easier though because the weapon gear isn't included.

but yeah, simply due to how all the weapons are so unique, i think it's gonna be hard to make new weapons, since it seems like they'd like to keep all weapons and their respective playstyles unique.

Blackheart521
Jun 20, 2012, 04:26 PM
Regardless, this game is purely online... it has the ability to add more stuff as it goes, compared to PSO and PSU which were both discs and had their content already on them the only time PSU had more weapons added was with the expansion, we'll probably get slowly given a weapon for each class in bundles a few months apart until we have a good variety. but there's no real limits on this game because it is just online... so patches will be a common occurrence. ^^

cheapgunner
Jun 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
I guessing they might be testing some of these weapons and after a certain amount of time, release them into the game at a selected time. Knuckles and twin sabers would probably have me choose hunter for the OB if they were at launch.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
It's the doublesaber coming back, not twin sabers, since some people seem to interpret double as twin.