PDA

View Full Version : Open beta English patch.

staticflare
Jun 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
So yeah, any word on if there will be an english patch for this beta? I played the pre beta and while the game played flawlessly and was all I was expecting.. I was VERY frustrated at the lack of an english patch. I had no Idea what I was doing and had to guess click on japenese choices to see if it was right.

So any clue if there will be a patch?

Zorafim
Jun 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
Sh! Shush! Shush yourself! Do not speak of these things in the public, with the ever watchful eyes of the mods! They'll do horrible things to you if they learn of what you speak of!

Vashyron
Jun 20, 2012, 05:29 PM
It's currently being worked on.

staticflare
Jun 20, 2012, 05:30 PM
Sh! Shush! Shush yourself! Do not speak of these things in the public, with the ever watchful eyes of the mods! They'll do horrible things to you if they learn of what you speak of!

I NEED DEH ENGLISH!

Raging Ghost
Jun 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
It's currently being worked on.

Any ways on getting some sort of newsletter about it?

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
we are allowed to talk about it, but not allowed to give links.

Spanese
Jun 20, 2012, 05:36 PM
Since you can't post links here, hopefully someone is nice enough to PM it.

alatnet
Jun 20, 2012, 05:36 PM

If we are allowed to talk about it, we can most likely be just given the name of the site and not a link to the site where we can just google it.

ZIE creations
Jun 20, 2012, 05:37 PM

But we all know once it is available someone will link it and probably ruin it for the rest of us... well.. not me, just at least try and read the language. Have some respect, some very rare few do that for English games... right?

Zorafim
Jun 20, 2012, 05:41 PM
Meh, just tell us when it's out.

Swaggerjak
Jun 20, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hopefully one gets developed fast. Guessing is going to get REAL interesting once this finishes installing.

Vashyron
Jun 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
Any ways on getting some sort of newsletter about it?

Considering the rules here not much I can say except Google a certain PSU modding site. Can keep up to date with it there.

Either way when it's actually out I'm sure it'll spread like wild fire, you'd probably hear about it in the hour. :wacko:

Mike
Jun 20, 2012, 06:37 PM
we can most likely be just given the name of the site
Nope.

kdrakari
Jun 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
It's easy enough to find with 2 seconds and Google.

Fujiko
Jun 20, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hopefully one gets developed fast. Guessing is going to get REAL interesting once this finishes installing.

Probably not going to happen soon, following a certain chat.

SEGA put in a new encryption that they can't figure out. A patch might not happen period.

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 09:42 PM
Probably not going to happen soon, following a certain chat.

SEGA put in a new encryption that they can't figure out. A patch might not happen period.

For clarification:

[SPOILER-BOX]The creator of the patch said that he plans for there to be an English patch release for the Open Beta but didn't bother with the pre-open beta due to the lack of time. The problem is that the old format used with the English patch was cut off due to the fact that it shouldn't have even been supported by the client in the first place. This means that a new encrypted format must be cracked for it to work with the open beta, but if it can be cracked it means that the English Patch will be working.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Leliana
Jun 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm guessing that this hypothetical patch project wouldn't apply to the launcher? It'd be nice to have the game/video options in English.

Er, not that such a project exists or anything. This is purely a "what-if" discussion, of course...

ShadowsCrush
Jun 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
there's already verbatim guides on the options for the launcher
good enough considering you'll only have to change it once

Chik'Tikka
Jun 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
The recent Patch they released for OBT may have changed encryption again+^_^+ i don't expect anything for at least a week+^_^+

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 10:58 PM
The recent Patch they released for OBT may have changed encryption again+^_^+ i don't expect anything for at least a week+^_^+

Probably a good bet.

Scionni
Jun 20, 2012, 11:17 PM
It'd be nice if we got one soon. How long did it take for the CB English patch to be made?

Fujiko
Jun 21, 2012, 12:03 AM
It'd be nice if we got one soon. How long did it take for the CB English patch to be made?

It was pretty much made day 1. That is only because the closed beta didn't have any encryption active, it was disabled.

They found an unencrypted file and used that as an example to make the english patch for CBT.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 12:28 AM
Is there anything online that has an english translation for menus that's not a patch? Like a text file or a guide?

Lintor
Jun 21, 2012, 12:32 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-closed-beta-and-mini-guide/

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 12:46 AM
That's a lot of reading, I'll get some shut eye and hopefully tomorrow.. you know.. things may happen to where that isn't needed as much.

Mr Champloo
Jun 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
PM me a link when yall know when its finished please

buri-chan
Jun 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Learn to google, all of you. "A solution is currently being worked on for the open-beta which starts on the 21st."

But you've gotta figure they won't have everything translated, and lots of things have been changed from PBT, so they'll have to do a good deal of QCing.

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 04:57 PM
Shouldn't the menu's be pretty much the same though? That's all we really need...

Gunslinger-08
Jun 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
Shouldn't the menu's be pretty much the same though? That's all we really need...

For those of us who played in the closed beta, I'd say so. A week's worth of experience with the menus should mean only a little bit of trouble with basic equipping and item use.

Lunairetic
Jun 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
I'm only Lv6 and taking to the controls nicely already. The only thing that's too confusing for me to conquer is modifying inputs, like the keyboard buttons for movement. Even when I change them, they randomly lock down or revert to the old ones. An English patch for the character creator would've been nice though, because the 4-point graph with multiple possibilities was incredibly complex to understand without understanding the terms.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 22, 2012, 06:25 PM
I'm only Lv6 and taking to the controls nicely already. The only thing that's too confusing for me to conquer is modifying inputs, like the keyboard buttons for movement. Even when I change them, they randomly lock down or revert to the old ones. An English patch for the character creator would've been nice though, because the 4-point graph with multiple possibilities was incredibly complex to understand without understanding the terms.

Just get the separate character creator and use the patch available for that one. This can also be a great help to see how to setup the controls since you can enter keyboard/gamepad config in there too.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 22, 2012, 07:45 PM

all that is required is the menu yes, but having item names would help too.

Scyris
Jun 22, 2012, 08:44 PM
You know for how many English speaking players play this game, you think sega would "help" us a little bit with the eng patch, I mean in the long run its more profit for them right? Since I bet quite a few of the english players will buy stuff from the cash shop if they are able to. Really all I'd want translated is: item names, Menu's and the quest names, and client order names and the short description of what you have to do thats in the client order menu, along with npc names, then again I guess menu translation would pretty much count all of these. I like the game but its kinda annoying not knowing what is going on. Then again its expected since its a japanese game. I don't have many issues myself, biggest issues is what to do for client orders and for the matter boards. There is a guide but it'd be nice if the guide for the npc/client orders would use the jp names of the area's. Took me a while to figure out that supress fongulf was the 2nd mission you can access.

DeadlyWinter
Jun 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
You know what my english patch is to talk to the japanese players in my party. I copy their message and paste it on google translate... then i switch it the other way around and respond in kind... I'm awesome that way

Fujiko
Jun 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Unfortunately, story and items are server side, they will never be translated until SEGA officially supports an English option. Everything else is client side and could be in English if they ever figure out the encryption.

As much as I would love for SoJ to "help" us, they don't give a damn. The few English players running around hacking aren't helping our case either.

ciroth
Jun 22, 2012, 08:58 PM
You know for how many English speaking players play this game, you think sega would "help" us a little bit with the eng patch, I mean in the long run its more profit for them right? Since I bet quite a few of the english players will buy stuff from the cash shop if they are able to. Really all I'd want translated is: item names, Menu's and the quest names, and client order names and the short description of what you have to do thats in the client order menu, along with npc names, then again I guess menu translation would pretty much count all of these. I like the game but its kinda annoying not knowing what is going on. Then again its expected since its a japanese game. I don't have many issues myself, biggest issues is what to do for client orders and for the matter boards. There is a guide but it'd be nice if the guide for the npc/client orders would use the jp names of the area's. Took me a while to figure out that supress fongulf was the 2nd mission you can access.

No, not really. Sega Japan is not Sega USA. They are sister companies, but Sega Japan won't see a dime if Sega USA releases the game in the US.

Sega Japan doesn't advertise it for the US players due to a whole lot of legal mumbo jumbo. If they were seriously offering it to US players they would have a lot of stuff they need to prepare in terms of legal paper work and making sure they aren't violating any us rules and have a legal department to handle any potential lawsuits on their "kiddie" looking models and whatnot. We are playing at our own risk in their game which was has in their TOS... that the game is ONLY for people living in Japan. So if you speak english and live in Japan, you aren't violating the TOS. Everyone else who isn't in Japan is =P. Which is why Sega USA exists, they know how things are run and operate in the US.

Also depending on foreign influence, if the overall response is highly negative... to the point of no return... we will all be banned in the future.

And i love how people say "a lot of us will be willing to pay for cash items." if i had a nickle for everytime someone said that, then they introduced a cash shop and noone will buy because they QQ about it being too expensive, or QQ that they want P2P instead of this expensive F2P stuff. Unless there is a kickstarter type of system that makes you put your money where you mouth is, then i will belive you about this "a lot of us." I personally am seriously considering the perm inventory upgrades. =P

EvilMag
Jun 22, 2012, 09:00 PM
Actually Sega removed that in the TOS.

kantaris
Jun 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
Encryption has been broken on local game client files for open beta....
Should have something... as soon as I figure the rest of this out (oh god this is terribly boring)

Yurai
Jun 22, 2012, 09:51 PM
kantaris for space president!

Tenlade
Jun 22, 2012, 09:53 PM
glad I refreshed this thread page. Im amazed an encryption can be broken pretty fast. Aren't good encryptions supposed to be practically impossible/take a near infinite time to crack?

jtenma
Jun 22, 2012, 10:02 PM
My goodness! People cheer him on! ^.^

DemonMike
Jun 22, 2012, 10:34 PM
Thank god they're making progress with it, no matter where I go there's always some one nagging about the lack of an English patch.

I'll probably pee myself laughing if they changed the encryption every time there's a little update though.

red flare graf
Jun 22, 2012, 10:46 PM
glad I refreshed this thread page. Im amazed an encryption can be broken pretty fast. Aren't good encryptions supposed to be practically impossible/take a near infinite time to crack?

Just depends on the type of encryption, I'm sure. If SEGA came up with their own, it probably isn't that complicated. I think it depends on the number of levels of encryption/keys they use. Could be 1, could be 20.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 22, 2012, 11:37 PM
As long as I could read the menus and the name of things I'd be good to go.

VonHalford
Jun 23, 2012, 01:33 AM
I AM READY

Alena Zouryx
Jun 23, 2012, 01:54 AM
I personally don't mind waiting a bit for the patch to be finished. This is proving to be great brushing up on my rusty Japanese. xD

njdss4
Jun 23, 2012, 02:03 AM
I personally don't mind waiting a bit for the patch to be finished. This is proving to be great brushing up on my rusty Japanese. xD

Well, the rest of us would love to see it completed ASAP. Many thanks to all who have been working on it!

crazygamer64
Jun 23, 2012, 03:56 AM
Only reason why i don't care to much for the game is because i can't understand it. Yeah i grind a bit here and there but if it was in english. I would probably be online 24/7. I need this patch ASAP.

Hayde
Jun 23, 2012, 04:04 AM
For those of you who weren't in CBT--just remember, even if this game gets patched, it's not like the coder can flip a switch and instantly translate every single item to English; they have to manually edit all the text. At best, you'll probably just get your basic UI functions and menu's translated which should be more than fine for most of you guys.

While it's likely they'll eventually manage to translate items, and maybe even some of the storyline, just don't expect too much at the start. From my impression to some of you, I think you're believing that the patch will instantly turn the game to English...and that just won't happen, at least not right away (and probably never for the voice-overs--at least until Sega releases an English version).

Junkboy
Jun 23, 2012, 04:27 AM
For those of you who weren't in CBT--just remember, even if this game gets patched, it's not like the coder can flip a switch and instantly translate every single item to English; they have to manually edit all the text. At best, you'll probably just get your basic UI functions and menu's translated which should be more than fine for most of you guys.

While it's likely they'll eventually manage to translate items, and maybe even some of the storyline, just don't expect too much at the start. From my impression to some of you, I think you're believing that the patch will instantly turn the game to English...and that just won't happen, at least not right away (and probably never for the voice-overs--at least until Sega releases an English version).

I think as long as UI and basic menus are done most will be pretty happy.

Narue Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 04:34 AM
Indeed. I will be more than happy with only the basic menus

sessilu04
Jun 23, 2012, 07:59 AM
Perfectly fine here with the UI.

Items, weapons, abilities and other text would be a big bonus though.

Peejay
Jun 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
I would require item translation more than anything else. Mostly because you can simply copy most everything BUT those and pop it into google.

Blackheart521
Jun 23, 2012, 09:23 AM
I would require item translation more than anything else. Mostly because you can simply copy most everything BUT those and pop it into google.

One thing I'm missing from the english patch is the fact that we don't know which bonuses weapons have on them like burn, or Rappy Soul, Vol Soul, etc.

LoN_Lina
Jun 23, 2012, 09:59 AM
well i'll be happy playing the game and if i can read the menus all the better

HFlowen
Jun 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
One thing I'm missing from the english patch is the fact that we don't know which bonuses weapons have on them like burn, or Rappy Soul, Vol Soul, etc.

This would be nice, I ate several weapons in the attribute menu not knowing wtf I was doing/adding just for kicks.

AzureEternal
Jun 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
I'm more than content with the basics being translated - menus, UI, etc.

GrandTickler
Jun 23, 2012, 10:09 AM

im sure the stat bonuses of rappy and vol soul are posted somewere so u can still figure it out.

the order of stats is:
hp
pp
s-atk
r-atk
t-atk
abl
s-def
r-def
t-def

LoN_Lina
Jun 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
Stat reading is not so big a deal I can gather those from exp. my concern is in the menu and sub menu map like community functions. This is only an immediate concern as I have troubles with katakana

Macman
Jun 23, 2012, 10:31 AM
Encryption has been broken on local game client files for open beta....
Should have something... as soon as I figure the rest of this out (oh god this is terribly boring)

Who are you? Proof or get out.

Marley O
Jun 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
I appreciate being able to read menu's on a whole different level. Hell just being able to read and have standard comprehension of it! lol PSO should just come with an english option standard XD

Thermalwolf
Jun 23, 2012, 01:21 PM
I appreciate being able to read menu's on a whole different level. Hell just being able to read and have standard comprehension of it! lol PSO should just come with an english option standard XD

Localizing a game is not a joke to do. It's very time consuming, especially when they game was built around a completely different language set. Sega spent every last resource trying to make this game what it was. Had they kept things translated as they went I'm sure we wouldn't even barely be in Closed Beta as you would have to test two localities at once all the time. You would have to have two separate QA teams, the works. Localizing is quite a legit process if you're going to localize the entire game.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 23, 2012, 01:48 PM
I'm really hoping they're hinting at an NA release with their twitter feed. They're moving into PSU stuff now, and I can only hope if they touch the PSP side that the NA for PS2 side will show up.

I hope we at least get an NA open Beta by the end of the year. I'm dying for some PSO 2.

Kroktar
Jun 23, 2012, 08:18 PM
Whoever its working on it dont give up <3

CloudFang
Jun 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
I really, really, really want this to be out...

Polly
Jun 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
I'm really hoping they're hinting at an NA release with their twitter feed. They're moving into PSU stuff now, and I can only hope if they touch the PSP side that the NA for PS2 side will show up.

I hope we at least get an NA open Beta by the end of the year. I'm dying for some PSO 2.

My tinfoil hat theory has been that their twitterbox is leading up to some kind of announcement as well, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

njdss4
Jun 23, 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty much holding off playing until the English patch is out now. Considering the lag has been so bad during Open Beta due to the sheer number of people playing, I can wait. I'm still checking the website that the patch would be posted to, though (multiple times a day XD)

Chik'Tikka
Jun 23, 2012, 10:19 PM
Theory; English patch finally released in 40 minutes, servers go down for E-Maint, when they come up we get an update, English patch makers have to start from scratch+^_^+

njdss4
Jun 23, 2012, 10:20 PM
Theory; English patch finally released in 40 minutes, servers go down for E-Maint, when they come up we get an update, English patch makers have to start from scratch+^_^+

You're evil :-x

VonHalford
Jun 23, 2012, 11:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0chD8U8fA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0chD8U8fA&feature=related

ConsummateK
Jun 23, 2012, 11:11 PM
I didn't think not being able to read anything would be a big deal... :-o

Needless to say it's quite a bit more intrusive than I thought. Game looks awesome though :D

VonHalford
Jun 23, 2012, 11:13 PM
I didn't think not being able to read anything would be a big deal... :-o

Needless to say it's quite a bit more intrusive than I thought. Game looks awesome though :D

It is a bit perplexing. But if you're already used to PSO it's just a matter of what it what. Thank god they have symbols for items. Cuz I can't remember any JP text for the life of me.

KanekoSaya
Jun 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
I can read the menus and stuff...but it would be nice if items could get translated. I need to learn way more kanji. 3:

Garnet_Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA just accepts a (free) fan translation and adds that in the patch for LIVE or sometime after we switch over from OBT.

I mean, we still don't even have a yes or no on a western localization at all.

If it turns out the servers are segregated, I highly doubt any of us are going to get on the western servers. I mean, look at what they did to PSU. It was a good game, you just have standards that are WAY too high. Besides, Karens voice was and still IS orgasmic.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 23, 2012, 11:38 PM
It was a good game, you just have standards that are WAY too high. Besides, Karens voice was and still IS orgasmic.

I....I....*tear*....Thank you. Rock and I aren't alone! I'm so happy! T_T

:wacko:

LoN_Lina
Jun 24, 2012, 12:19 AM
i don't want them to change the voices just don't stop us from changing the text to english

Ryuujin13
Jun 24, 2012, 12:23 AM
i don't want them to change the voices just don't stop us from changing the text to english

Agreed. http://s6.tinypic.com/f1cvg8_th.jpg

Would be so nice to understand what I am doing sometimes http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz84/Rora-emotes/1205075rxtgl2xnpl.gif lol

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 24, 2012, 12:27 AM
I do kind of like the current Japanese Voices~ I'd be fine if they just added optional English subtitles. :3

With that said; I wouldn't mind voice overs... But only if it isn't plagued by making it overly child-ish. :x
I can't help but feel the game would be hit with censors in a USA version. >w<

LoN_Lina
Jun 24, 2012, 12:34 AM
I do kind of like the current Japanese Voices~ I'd be fine if they just added optional English subtitles. :3

With that said; I wouldn't mind voice overs... But only if it isn't plagued by making it overly child-ish. :x

That's why i always wanted jp with engrish subs. but alas Sega of amerifail doesn't want to do that. which is why i love the kind coders who patch jp.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 24, 2012, 12:35 AM

Yes, let's have english dubs!

Photon Arts...

Foie-line:
-Hot stuff comin' your way!
-I'm hot! She's hot! You're not! Well, you are now...
-Feel the burn!

Barta:
-Freeze!
-Let's cool that head of yours!
-Ice to meet you.

Zonde:
-Shocking! Isn't it?
-Zappity Zap Zap!
-Time for a little... shock therapy!

Ranged weapons:
-Pew Pew!

Striking weapons:
-Moans from some JAV. I hear Lexi Belle is back in Japan soon, and Sasha Grey too. Why not.

Ryuujin13
Jun 24, 2012, 12:37 AM

Photon Arts...

Foie-line:
-Feel the burn!

Barta:
-Freeze!
-Ice to meet you.

Zonde:
-Shocking! Isn't it?
-Zappity Zap Zap!

Ranged weapons:
-Pew Pew!

Striking weapons:
-Moans from some JAV. I hear Lexi Belle is back in Japan soon, and Sasha Grey too. Why not.

This is why I mute the voices in english dubbed games. Sometimes I just wonder where the hell they came up with these lines. http://forum.onemanga.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

LoN_Lina
Jun 24, 2012, 12:38 AM

Photon Arts...

Foie-line:
-Feel the burn!

Barta:
-Freeze!
-Ice to meet you.

Zonde:
-Shocking! Isn't it?
-Zappity Zap Zap!

Ranged weapons:
-Pew Pew!

Striking weapons:
problem is the english dub will be like psu if we get it it will be on xbox 6 months later

VonHalford
Jun 24, 2012, 12:39 AM

Photon Arts...

Foie-line:
-Feel the burn!

Barta:
-Freeze!
-Ice to meet you.

Zonde:
-Shocking! Isn't it?
-Zappity Zap Zap!

Ranged weapons:
-Pew Pew!

Striking weapons:

This is why I love the PSO community

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 24, 2012, 12:42 AM
I thought Ranged Weapons would be more on the lines of:
"Get to da Choppa!"

"Ya feel`n lucky, punk"

"It's time to get your game on!"

x3

But seriously, I'm afraid that they will make the game feel silly instead of awesome! >w<

VonHalford
Jun 24, 2012, 12:46 AM
I thought Ranged Weapons would be more on the lines of:
"Get to da Choppa!"

"Ya feel`n lucky, punk"

"It's time to get your game on!"

x3

But seriously, I'm afraid that they will make the game feel silly instead of awesome! >w<
This game is silly. We're in spaceships fighting medevil fantasy monsters.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
I don't fink it's silly. u . u

LoN_Lina
Jun 24, 2012, 01:10 AM
so what if it is silly why should fantasy be serious

njdss4
Jun 24, 2012, 01:12 AM

Photon Arts...

Foie-line:
-Feel the burn!

Barta:
-Freeze!
-Ice to meet you.

Zonde:
-Shocking! Isn't it?
-Zappity Zap Zap!

Ranged weapons:
-Pew Pew!

Striking weapons:

When I read these (especially the Barta ones), all I could think of was this:

http://jaymckinnon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg

:lol:

Adelheid
Jun 24, 2012, 01:16 AM
The only thing I really want translated are item effects and matter board/quest text so I don't have to alt tab into guides so much and maybe some of the options.

I've already memorised what all the menus and UIs are.

VonHalford
Jun 24, 2012, 01:18 AM
so what if it is silly why should fantasy be serious

I like it silly. I'm just pointing out that PSO isn't game of thrones.

LoN_Lina
Jun 24, 2012, 01:24 AM

suddenly i want my pitching machine grenade launcher that screams sega back.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 24, 2012, 01:25 AM
Just because it isn't as serious as "game of thrones" doesn't mean it's silly. xP

In my perspective, it isn't what I'd deem silly, if it was, I'd probably not enjoy it as much.
English dubs could very well change that, thus why I said as long as they weren't done childishly and also if they didn't censor things in the game, I'd be fine with them.

Zorafim
Jun 24, 2012, 02:56 AM

I don't see the difference. All the good characters die off either way.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 24, 2012, 03:03 AM
Just because it isn't as serious as "game of thrones" doesn't mean it's silly. xP

In my perspective, it isn't what I'd deem silly, if it was, I'd probably not enjoy it as much.
English dubs could very well change that, thus why I said as long as they weren't done childishly and also if they didn't censor things in the game, I'd be fine with them.

The more you post, the more I like you. XD I totally agree with you on this.

Hrith
Jun 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA just accepts a (free) fan translation and adds that in the patch for LIVE or sometime after we switch over from OBT.I would be delighted, mainly because the team working on the English patch has very high quality standards, and they have great knowledge of the Japanese language, Japanese culture (to understand cultural references and such), other languages (the PSO/U series is famous for its names from other languages) and the Phantasy Star series (so they do not miss cameos).

There is one big problem, though, a lot of the data is server-side and cannot be translated without SEGA giving them access (we all know they never will). One day, we will have a comunity-powered translation, but it is not this day (http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/rotk2116.jpg).

Scyris
Jun 24, 2012, 06:21 AM
Well, I don't mind story not being translated because from doing ep 0 and ep 1 it seems the story is just yer generic mysterious girl story sega seems fond of in their online pso games.

Hrith
Jun 24, 2012, 07:01 AM
Yes, well, I like understanding everything in a game. Furthermore, the plots for PSO and PSU turned out to be quite good, after a while.

Nickamortis
Jun 24, 2012, 07:51 AM

I'm SOOO happy they made that possible. I was almost completely lost til I realized the text could be copied/pasted

Tenlade
Jun 24, 2012, 09:56 AM
I don't fink it's silly. u . u

I agree, this game is 100-percent serious-oh hold on a Rappy. Excuse me while I shoot this cartoon bird with my gun made out of flowers.

Scotty T
Jun 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
When I read these (especially the Barta ones), all I could think of was this:

http://jaymckinnon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg

:lol:

Was gonna say, freezing a rappy "STAY KOOL, BIRD BOI"

If you want puns, check out Skullgirls :lol:

sessilu04
Jun 24, 2012, 11:49 AM

Photon Arts...

Foie-line:
-Feel the burn!

Barta:
-Freeze!
-Ice to meet you.

Zonde:
-Shocking! Isn't it?
-Zappity Zap Zap!

Ranged weapons:
-Pew Pew!

Striking weapons:

GENIUS! :)

Randomness
Jun 24, 2012, 11:59 AM
GENIUS! :)

Razonde - "I who stand in the full lig-" (cut off by something else being cast)

ttdestroy
Jun 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
Razonde - "I who stand in the full lig-" (cut off by something else being cast)

Please don't go mixing my JRPGs together, it's confusing as is!

Ifrian-x
Jun 24, 2012, 01:46 PM
IIIIIIINDEEEEEEGNAAAAYSHUN!
It canīt be!

Cavistus
Jun 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
METEOR STORM!

BLAH BLAH BLAH, TIDAL WAVE!

drakogarnus
Jun 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
so does anyone know if theres an eta or any updates on the english patch or if it will arrive today.
i know its against the rules for links so dont worry i just need info

Hayde
Jun 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
There's no ETA on the english patch. The original creators of the old patch still hasn't given an update, and the guy here who claims he cracked the encryption hasn't said a word since that one post.

If you seriously can't play without the patch, it might become problematic in the future. As others have said, it would only take one hefty patch from Sega to potentially cripple the patch again even if it did come out since we're still at the transitional/patching phase of the game "testing".

Gardios
Jun 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
I wish you could set auto words depending on the element of the spell you're casting... I love incantations.

drakogarnus
Jun 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
well it would be cool if he did crack it i dunno realy iam just hopeing something happens my freinds cant understand japenese at all and they wanto play with me XD

njdss4
Jun 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
There's no ETA on the english patch. The original creators of the old patch still hasn't given an update, and the guy here who claims he cracked the encryption hasn't said a word since that one post.

If you seriously can't play without the patch, it might become problematic in the future. As others have said, it would only take one hefty patch from Sega to potentially cripple the patch again even if it did come out since we're still at the transitional/patching phase of the game "testing".

If Sega continually breaks the English patch, I'd probably stop playing. I'm holding off playing right now mostly due to the lag, but also because I'm hoping the patch will be done sometime in the near future. If that becomes impractical for the folks working on the patch to keep working on, I may just stop altogether until an official English version of the game is released.

Ghalion
Jun 24, 2012, 06:33 PM
If Sega doesn't want unofficial patches...I think they can simply ask people to not do it. I mean not everyone would listen sure, but most would I think, and there isn't exactly a huge pool of people capable AND WILLING to translate anyway. I've seen other games where the dev simply says "no unofficial patching please" and sure enough, they stop.

That in mind, I assume/hope that the patch "breaking" changes from cbt to obt were simply coincidence.

MauttyKoray
Jun 24, 2012, 07:16 PM
well it would be cool if he did crack it i dunno realy iam just hopeing something happens my freinds cant understand japenese at all and they wanto play with me XD

Ha! Tell them to suck it up and figure it out. xD I've been playing for several days now and I can't read Japanese at all. I barely remember any of the Hiragana even. I'm still playing it simply because I'm a gamer. Instructions booklet? Tutorial? Heck with that, lets push random buttons til something happens!

I even had my friend blacklisted for nearly an hour trying to figure out how to friend him. xD

Scyris
Jun 24, 2012, 09:23 PM

Photon Arts...

Foie-line:
-Feel the burn!

Barta:
-Freeze!
-Ice to meet you.

Zonde:
-Shocking! Isn't it?
-Zappity Zap Zap!

Ranged weapons:
-Pew Pew!

Striking weapons:

ABove post made me giggle XD. I could so see the npc's using some of those lines in a english dub. On that note I am sick of devs feeling the need to redub games, I mean the engish dub jobs are always frecking horribad compared to the orignal VA's. Its like Fallout 3 was made in the us or something, you wouldn't want it dubbed in japanese or something. This is one reason I love Nis America they always leave the orignal and vastly superior japanese va's in their games and you can select between the 2, when you do this you also notice that most of the time the english voice overs just do not fit the char at all.

Randomness
Jun 24, 2012, 09:26 PM
Ha! Tell them to suck it up and figure it out. xD I've been playing for several days now and I can't read Japanese at all. I barely remember any of the Hiragana even. I'm still playing it simply because I'm a gamer. Instructions booklet? Tutorial? Heck with that, lets push random buttons til something happens!

I even had my friend blacklisted for nearly an hour trying to figure out how to friend him. xD

Hey, I never knew katakana to begin with.

njdss4
Jun 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
I wish there was some sort of general estimate on when this patch could be completed. I have no idea if it could come out tomorrow or a month from now.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
Please don't go mixing my JRPGs together, it's confusing as is!

Aww but I love Tales of FinalPhantasyStarOcean!

RedRaz0r
Jun 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
According to the creator of the english patch,

The open beta uses a different encryption. A solution is currently in the works. Please stand by.

That was posted 2 days ago

Jazneo
Jun 25, 2012, 12:55 PM
sorry

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
Can't link.

Gama
Jun 25, 2012, 01:25 PM
all info about new patch is in this thread

!"#$%&/()=?

it the Offical maker of the english patch were it came from

you cant link the site, please edit your post.

Khabarakh
Jun 25, 2012, 03:41 PM
Thank you for the link. But yes it's very bad. shame on you. =p

Marley O
Jun 25, 2012, 03:44 PM
-_-;;; oh man, remove link before this whole thread get's shut down. Also I'm very tricked as to whether the patch is up or not.. SO CONFUSING! it's like it's trying to talk to me, i know it!

tcbys
Jun 25, 2012, 06:54 PM
Can someone PM me that link. I would be so grateful

spaghetti1990
Jun 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
i would love a PM of the link. thanks!

VonHalford
Jun 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
PM me as well

xBladeM6x
Jun 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
PM Here please.

SEB
Jun 25, 2012, 07:12 PM
If there actually is one, toss me a PM.

firemolten
Jun 25, 2012, 07:14 PM
yes pm me a link too (i had to make an account)

Lyarin
Jun 25, 2012, 07:14 PM
I would love a PM as well <3

Ryna
Jun 25, 2012, 07:17 PM
Sorry guys, but you're not allowed to ask for links in private messages