200 AC per Normal Scratch Card
150~AC for other items.

1 AC = 1 Yen

100 Yen = 1.28 CND
100 Yen = 1.26 USD
100 Yen = 0.80 GBP
100 Yen = 0.99 Euro
100 Yen = 1.24 AUD [/SPOILER-BOX]

The monthly rate isn't that out of the ordinary, about 16.50 $. Extra character slots at 6.50 $? Not tooooo bad. I can deal with these, but I likely wont do the premium set, since you really don't get much out of it. I have 4 characters planned, so ~ 20 $ bucks to implement them over the course of a year ain't no thang.

On the other hand though... 6.50 $ per piece of clothing through the gold card scratch (the only one that guarantees a piece of clothing)? 6.50 per time you change your character's hair or eye colour? That's too much. 2.50$ per cash shop item other than these? Too too much. You're getting none of my monies Sega.

Am I just a cheap bastard, or does the stuff I mention in the second paragraph seem stupidly priced?

sugarFO
Jun 20, 2012, 09:03 PM
I agree it is stupidly priced. The scratches are random too, right? So if I don't get what I want it's over. D:

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 20, 2012, 09:05 PM
Clothes should either be buy-able directly or the scratch tickets should be dropped to 100 and 50 AC. Hell, even less.

RebhtheDark
Jun 20, 2012, 09:05 PM
I also think that the scratch and salon prices are ridiculous! I will NEVER pay that much for a gacha. I am ok with the price for extra characters, but if they could drop it to 5$ than it would just be perfect for me. My budget for this game rounds out too 5-10$s a month so they really need to cut us a little slack here since I LOVE to buy clothes for my characters.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 20, 2012, 09:06 PM
I just hope the Japanese players feel the same way.

mhjc
Jun 20, 2012, 09:16 PM
On the other hand though... 6.50 $ per piece of clothing through the gold card scratch (the only one that guarantees a piece of clothing)? 6.50 per time you change your character's hair or eye colour? That's too much. 2.50$ per cash shop item other than these? Too too much. You're getting none of my monies Sega.

Am I just a cheap bastard, or does the stuff I mention in the second paragraph seem stupidly priced?

They do need to lower the clothing prices, since many more will be made and they'll make bank on that anyway.

Eye color is free to change >_>
Hair color isn't.

JRDeBo
Jun 20, 2012, 09:17 PM
So what comes with the "premium set"?

Lintor
Jun 20, 2012, 09:20 PM
Gacha is ALWAYS redic in these games. You have to get a complete set of entirely random chance.

buri-chan
Jun 20, 2012, 09:22 PM
I have faith that Sega will have more options for AC purchases come retail that isn't completely ridiculous.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 20, 2012, 09:25 PM
i'm not surprised by the scratch prices at all really.

it's gonna be the bread and butter for them. clothing and myroom and myroom accessory sales will probably be what keeps this game afloat, honestly. the best part is people will buy them regardless.

if you think about it, i'd say its fair. everything else is free, and they aren't being stupid and selling super weapons either.

but i'm one of those crazies that just wanna play a good game. many people however enjoy loitering in the lobbies, and it's boring to do that unless YOU STYLIN

Lintor
Jun 20, 2012, 09:28 PM
The real question is if there will be a way to earn AC in game, or an alternative way to get AC requiring items.

Doubtful, few games (Perfect World, Puzzle Pirates, and (Rumored) Guild Wars 2)are that nice. I just want extra character slots without paying real moneys

bonethrack
Jun 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
The real question is if there will be a way to earn AC in game, or an alternative way to get AC requiring items.

Doubtful, few games (Perfect World, Puzzle Pirates, and (Rumored) Guild Wars 2)are that nice. I just want extra character slots without paying real moneys

gw2 isnt rumored you can spend ingame gold for gems for the cash shop

mhjc
Jun 20, 2012, 09:32 PM

There isn't going to be a way to earn AC in-game. Maybe there'll be some contests that may reward you with some, but I doubt it.
AC required items that are actual items (read: no extra slots or mags), can likely be bought from Player MyShops if they decide to sell them.

I suspect it'll be hard to find players that'll do that though, they likely will only advertise in their premium blocks to find like-minded individuals or something.

I do have a question if anyone knows, but if a player sets up Myshop, where does one purchase their stuff? Or do we have to visit their room to buy?

Swaggerjak
Jun 20, 2012, 09:42 PM
$6.50 for a piece of random clothing? Dear god. I'll probably end up buying a few pieces every paycheck regardless... I like my styles. But does "clothing" refer to parts for CASTs as well? Because I'm going to be a RAcast... A drop to about 2 or 3 would speak better towards some people maybe, hell... even me. They should set up a tier system for different rates. I'm sure they've thought about stuff like this, though.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
So....are ALL the clothes locked behind the Gatcha, or is there a way to buy them straight from the shop?

If they have a direct purchase option, then it'll be fine. I'm actually completely fine with prices being slightly high. You have to think about it. Sega is obviously going to back this, since they're shifting focus to digital products, and well, Sega has to turn a profit somehow. So, if prices are slightly high, then that's still acceptable to me, so that each purchase goes slightly farther for Sega.

Now, if all future clothing outside of the starter sets are locked behind the Gatcha, then a problem will arise. Sega would arguably make more money if they just gave a direct option. It's a question of just how many people are going to play the game, and how many people are going to keep spinning that Gatcha looking for the outfits they want. Actually, the Gatcha has the potential to reward free players, in a sense.

Think about it in this sense. People spin the gatcha. People, presumably, get more items that they don't want than items they do. Now, the people who have shops sell the items they don't want. It might be expensive, but at the same time, they can only sell it for meseta. So, the people who aren't concerned with the Gatcha keep doing runs and earn more meseta.

See where I'm going with this?

...sorry, thoughts are a little jumbled right now. XD

Lintor
Jun 20, 2012, 10:28 PM
So....are ALL the clothes locked behind the Gatcha, or is there a way to buy them straight from the shop?

If they have a direct purchase option, then it'll be fine. I'm actually completely fine with prices being slightly high. You have to think about it. Sega is obviously going to back this, since they're shifting focus to digital products, and well, Sega has to turn a profit somehow. So, if prices are slightly high, then that's still acceptable to me, so that each purchase goes slightly farther for Sega.

Now, if all future clothing outside of the starter sets are locked behind the Gatcha, then a problem will arise. Sega would arguably make more money if they just gave a direct option. It's a question of just how many people are going to play the game, and how many people are going to keep spinning that Gatcha looking for the outfits they want. Actually, the Gatcha has the potential to reward free players, in a sense.

Think about it in this sense. People spin the gatcha. People, presumably, get more items that they don't want than items they do. Now, the people who have shops sell the items they don't want. It might be expensive, but at the same time, they can only sell it for meseta. So, the people who aren't concerned with the Gatcha keep doing runs and earn more meseta.

See where I'm going with this?

...sorry, thoughts are a little jumbled right now. XD
TL;DR play DFO, same thing.
It worked well enough there, because it was all Gacha, but still consistently clothing, you had a full market of extra avatar items. Unlike other games where only the super rare clothing items are gacha, and the commons you pull are useless crap like moonatomizer. Well worked for the players, never asked how profitable it is. DFO currently has other obnoxious flaws atm though.

SolRiver
Jun 20, 2012, 10:40 PM
Do anyone know if these cloth are trade-able?

If you can trade, I am sure there are other people that view your scrap as gold and a trade can commence.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 20, 2012, 10:46 PM
Do anyone know if these cloth are trade-able?

If you can trade, I am sure there are other people that view your scrap as gold and a trade can commence.

Then that would end up being 16.50 for the premiunum set (required for trading) and then at least 6.50 for a set of clothes to trade in the first place.

Clothes will just be ridiculously expensive in this game.

---

In the very least, I wish that they made non-rare clothes (i.e.: colour variations of the starter clothes, directly purchasable)
I hate the default secondary colours on the fleshy clothing. I want red, not green, as the second colour on the default RAnewearl clothes, So I could mimic the set up of my PSU character in my sig.

sugarFO
Jun 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
Also there's no drop trading besides recovery items (I was told this by someone). So lowbies can't get higher weapons/units or whatever. :(

Mracless
Jun 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
Sadly, this game will force you to either pay a lot, work a lot or give up on having colour schemes for your characters.

$6.50 for a piece of random clothing? Dear god. I'll probably end up buying a few pieces every paycheck regardless... I like my styles. But does "clothing" refer to parts for CASTs as well? Because I'm going to be a RAcast... A drop to about 2 or 3 would speak better towards some people maybe, hell... even me. They should set up a tier system for different rates. I'm sure they've thought about stuff like this, though.

The gold scratch includes cast parts as well.
In the Pre-open beta, there were 33 items in the gold scratch. Only 3 of those are parts for a male cast. So good luck getting one of those, pal!

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 20, 2012, 11:49 PM
I'm gonna just hold off on any of this buying digital clothes crap for now. Give Sega a big ole digital middle finger.

There are so many ways that this could be tweequed to help Sega out. Make the premium set more appealing by having clothing drop as normal items for them, or give them free Gatcha's every now and again for having the premium set. It would make that more worth getting. Would add more, but i'm sleepy.

Lintor
Jun 20, 2012, 11:52 PM
Also there's no drop trading besides recovery items (I was told this by someone). So lowbies can't get higher weapons/units or whatever. :(

I believe the ability to trade is a premium feature.

Narue Moon
Jun 20, 2012, 11:55 PM
I believe the ability to trade is a premium feature.

Thats lame :C

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 AM
Thats lame :C

Yup, quite a bit.

Ifrian-x
Jun 21, 2012, 12:30 AM
I may go premium, but i think i shall pass on clothing for now : /
And it sucks cause i really was looking foward to it.