PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Windows 8 and the new update.

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
Windows 8 seems to have issues running the new update "since it dosent run at all"

Windows 7 if you get the launcher launches nothing issue just use the third option to fix it, on win 8 it dosent work.

this on my laptop. dual booting win 7 and 8 so i the same launcher fixed the game over 7 and then ruined it again over 8 so probbly something on 8 is messing the game.

i thought i should share.

SZiadaN
Jun 20, 2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I reinstalled my computer after I downloaded that patch. Had w8 dev-preview installed earlier and ran CB + pOB without any problems..

Seems to be a problem with gameguard (since it doesn't launch, pso2 wont launch either), but I'm not entirely sure..

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 11:08 PM
yeah i think its game guard i got it to update once but it didn't work anyway.

so windows 8 testers be careful.

Mag-X
Jun 20, 2012, 11:19 PM
Have you tried running it as administrator, or with Windows 7 compatibility mode?

The laptop I have Windows 8 installed on isn't powerful enough for PSO2, so I can't try it.

SZiadaN
Jun 20, 2012, 11:26 PM
Mag-X, I tried all possible solutions that I could think of before I decided to simply reinstall the computer (run as admin, switch comp mode, add to DEP exceptions etc).

I didn't really want to reinstall the computer since w8 worked more or less flawlessly for me, haven't really found any major problems with it until now.. (Not being able to play PSO2 isn't an option here ;) )

Mag-X
Jun 20, 2012, 11:35 PM
Lame. We'll just have to wait for Gameguard to get fixed. I remember that stupid thing causing problems with PSU when Vista came out too.

Gama
Jun 20, 2012, 11:36 PM
i had a dual boot since solidworks dosent work on 8 "gfx glitches and licensing with my school id dosent work. so i had to keep win7. good that i did. installing everything is a bish!

i did run as admin, compat more xp vista and 7

didn't work