PDA

View Full Version : How do I switch my control scheme from KB/M to Gamepad?

MasterChuck
Jun 21, 2012, 02:36 AM
I chose the wrong option by accident before I created my character and now I can't figure out what to do.

Clunker
Jun 21, 2012, 02:54 AM
And I did the same, selecting the game pad - w a s d doesn't move the character, but starts chat.

metul_sanic
Jun 29, 2012, 03:47 PM
same problem here. bump

FooteLV
Jun 29, 2012, 04:09 PM
Hmm, weird. For me both work. I can play with KB / M or Gamepad and just seamlessly switch between the two.

My guess is that it binds the keyboard a different way if you select one or the other? I'm not sure. (I selected gamepad but KB/M works flawlessly). It could also be a type of KB you selected, I think they have multiple presets, some for people who don't like to use the mouse or would prefer to use the numpad to move, for example.

It may be a keybinding issue. If you're trying to use KB/M, go into the options menu and click on the first group. Keyboard is (I believe) the last on the list. In there you should be able to re-bind all the keys for gameplay as well as menu navigation. Unfotunately I don't know of a translation for all of the keyboard options.

WiredRayne
Jun 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
If you are trying to use the keyboard with the gamepad setting enabled and the keyboard can only be used to chat, try hitting Scroll Lock to disable direct chat and that should let you use the keyboard to play.

jooozek
Jun 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-options-guide/ you want to disable direct chat if you want to move with WSAD.