PDA

View Full Version : Game Guard not Starting?

Kion
Jun 21, 2012, 04:50 AM
Pre-Open beta worked fine. Now when I try to play the game, GG doesn't start and no PSO2. :cry: Tried uninstalling, re-installing, file check, changing settings, installing drivers; nothing. Any suggestions?

Kudwafter
Jun 21, 2012, 05:03 AM
I had the same problem, I was on windows 8. Had to install windows 7 and reinstall PSO2. also do a file check to make sure aswell

Kion
Jun 21, 2012, 05:34 AM
Yeah, I'm on Windows 8. I switched over to my wife's laptop and it works fine.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 21, 2012, 05:52 AM
Yeah, I'm on Windows 8. I switched over to my wife's laptop and it works fine.

Getting the same thing, also on Windows 8. :(

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure I played the Closed Beta on my Windows 8 PC too with no problems.

NeoMatrix
Jun 21, 2012, 06:00 AM
Ugh, I'm also on Windows 8, and the pre-open beta ran fine. What did they do to it......

Kion
Jun 21, 2012, 06:12 AM
I think it was working fine until the last small patch they added. Tried compatibility mode, but naturally nothing. I don't think windows compatibility mode has been help to anyone ever.

MetalestX
Jun 21, 2012, 07:06 AM
make sure u not only turn off ur anti-virus but also exit them

CastSoldierFan96
Jun 21, 2012, 07:11 AM
In the last patch they made GAMECRC=1 and that may be interfering possibly. Basically they turned on the CRC function of GameGuard.

RSmiroldo
Jun 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
So what does that mean? I'm having the same problem.

Kion
Jun 21, 2012, 07:17 AM
In the last patch they made GAMECRC=1 and that may be interfering possibly. Basically they turned on the CRC function of GameGuard.

Where is that config file?

CastSoldierFan96
Jun 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
It means that it's checking the memory for anything changed (exploit attempts) and will disconnect/close the game if it notices. I haven't used Windows 8 but this change may interfere with it possibly

@Kion: PSO2JP.ini in main folder. It is encrypted though

RSmiroldo
Jun 21, 2012, 09:16 AM
Has anyone found a resolution for this problem or are we really required to get windows 7 back?

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 21, 2012, 09:28 AM
great...... so that is why I can not play.... and I am not going back to Win7 -.-

RSmiroldo
Jun 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
I think I'm going to just set up a second partition for it and use it until they resolve the issue through a future update.

Syphio
Jun 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
Let me explain so people can quote me for future reference:

GameGuard is a VERY sensitive Security Software, and if it picks up something that it cant recognize, then it automatically shuts down the game.
In this case, it would be Windows 8 itself. Why am I so certain? Long ago, when Win7 was completely new, there was a game that used GameGuard too (dont remember which), and when I tried to boot it up, it always crashed thanks to GameGuard. This happened because Win7 was so new, GameGuard didint recognize it as a proper OS, and out of "safety", it closed the game.
I'm presently having a very similar problem, I'm using Windows 7 Pro N, and I cant boot it up, thanks to the "N" version, so I might have to end up formating my PC just to play PSO2.
Saddening, but true.

Kion
Jun 21, 2012, 11:05 AM
The thing is gameguard doesn't start at all. The when I hit launch, the computer goes busy for a second and the splash screen just disappears. But going to the task manager the game does run in the background (but i can't alt+tab to it or anything).

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/splash.png

My guess seems to be that the file path or something isn't calling gameguard on the the start for the game to initialize. The pre-open beta worked with Windows 8. So I'm more inclined to think that SoJ messed up something with the latest patch.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 21, 2012, 08:27 PM
Not only did the Pre-Open Beta work on Windows 8, Closed Beta did too (I was in that and played the entirety of the CB on a Win 8 PC). Hopefully whatever they changed or did differently was an error of some kind that they recognize and fix, I'm not reformatting to Windows 7 just to play.

keiyn
Jun 28, 2012, 12:41 AM
I had this problem and all I did was delete the PSO2JP.ini file from the gameguard folder and it fixed the problem. Not sure if this will fix the problem for everyone, but it's worth a shot.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 28, 2012, 08:06 AM
not sure what your problem was, but your lucky that is what fixed it. I just tried it myself for the heck of it and nothing.

Kion
Jun 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
I went back to windows 7, so I can't check to see if that works or not.

Flevalt
Jun 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hey I'm playing on Windows XP and I had some similar issue at first when I tried to run the game.

In the options menu I went to the graphics settings(4th tab) and next to the texture quality(to the right) I just checked the bottom choice instead of the upper one and then it worked.

May just have helped cause my pc is old and everything but thought I'd post it anyway, maybe it helps.