PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Pros & Cons

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:17 AM
This thread is dedicated to the Pros and Cons for the open beta which is now opened.

I didn't see a thread that really covered this, and I'm sure most of you have a lot to say already since it just opened up..

Cons:

- Character Customization (not enough features, and colors are limited, short supply on scars and tattoos)
- Users do not even attempt to use the chatting features when in the lobby - so why have them???????
- Although the lobbies are big everything is to spread out (to much open space filled with nothing)
- Waiting time to get into a lobby (lobbies fill up to quick)
- Everything is still in Japanese - no English patch yet
- The story mode starts as soon as you begin PSO2 the first time (where is the option to skip the dam tutorial)
- If your computer isn't fast enough the quality of the game sucks
- No built in mic feature for chatting (fixable with skype or other options) - would not recommend that though it will slow your computer down
- The dam sound won't shut off, sure you can mute your computer but the music still slows the game up....

Pros:

- You can use an xbox wired controller
- MAGS
- Free to play
- Weapon switching feature while on the field
- Graphics in game
- The lobby features (sitting down in chairs)
- Cutting trees down in game..lol

(I really don't have a lot of Pros I just really was pissed on how terrible I felt PSO2 turned out) - ya its open beta but still.....

Things that piss me off:

- seeing too many female characters....when you know their actually male users offline......
- Lobbies being over crowded (what I mean is your trying to get into these lobbies where your friends are in and they are packed so you can't enter)

SolRiver
Jun 21, 2012, 05:27 AM
Hmm... a very subjective view of the pro & con.

And so... the hate thread begins.

(misleading thread title)

Todhaseo
I can understand males playing females unless they're not trying to act like a female.

Catreina
Things that piss me off:

- seeing too many female characters....when you know their actually male users offline......
- Lobbies being over crowded (what I mean is your trying to get into these lobbies where your friends are in and they are packed so you can't enter)

Not all of us are guys offline/in reality.

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 21, 2012, 05:29 AM
I can understand males playing females unless they're not trying to act like a female.

most aren't...this is normal for an mmo and very few do that, not sure why people still get angry over it. Moreover, its pso... :p

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:29 AM
Not all of us are guys offline/in reality.

this is not directed at actual women.......

most aren't...this is normal for an mmo and very few do that, not sure why people still get angry over it. Moreover, its pso... :p

I went back to the original PSO...I'm done with PSO2.....lol

Coatl
Jun 21, 2012, 05:33 AM
Things that piss me off:

Why does that upset you?
Do you have some gender dissociative psychological issue to resolve?

Todhaseo
Jun 21, 2012, 05:36 AM
Apparently we can't create more than 1 character unless you have AP

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:36 AM
Why does that upset you?
Do you have some gender dissociative psychological issue to resolve?

It bothers me on a personal level.......but it is just a game

But it is nice to see other male players with characters they create that are their alter egos.....(I question their character when they use female characters)

I'm aloud to feel the way I feel as are they......somethings just really get to me is all

(I mean in PSO2 you have more options for character design then PSO) - why do most of the female characters have to look the same dammit.....i wanted diversity not a dam cult of clones....

Demon-
Jun 21, 2012, 05:37 AM
- The story mode starts as soon as you begin PSO2 the first time (where is the option to skip the dam tutorial)

The first question it asks you is to skip the tutorial or not. Second choice skips it.

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 05:37 AM
-The character customization is far greater than most other games of this type (though not all and it's mostly in more subtle ways like the shape of your ears...)
-Users have been chatting in the lobby using all the features throughout most of the previous betas, I expect they just are excited to actually play the game and are spending a few hours on that first.
-Lots of open space means that if you want to meet your friends you can go somewhere without a lot of people.
-Go to a different lobby?
-Should change soon, there's a group working on it and they had one out within a day of Closed Beta release.
-You can skip the whole tutorial level on any character after your first, and the tutorial instructions even the first time.
-No, really?
-Not many games have this for some reason. Generally the consensus I've seen among users is that they'd rather use a dedicated chatting program like Ventrillo or Teamspeak than an in-game option.
-Can't help you there, but it's probably an option somewhere...

Anyways, you are free to have your own opinion but I'm actually very happy with the way PSO2 turned out (Apart from the rifles).

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 21, 2012, 05:40 AM
I would of made a female char (yes I'm a male) if it wasn't for the lack of color option for flesh character.

Yes you can get colors via recycle ticket but I still find that silly I have to random purchase something to be able to change color while cast can do it normally....so i made a RAcast.

I'm not acting like a girl just the design looks cooler to me.

Not referrin to you but most people I come across who get mad at such things normally the ones who try to "mingle" on games real quick then to find out the "female" is a guy...

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:42 AM
-The character customization is far greater than most other games of this type (though not all and it's mostly in more subtle ways like the shape of your ears...)
-Users have been chatting in the lobby using all the features throughout most of the previous betas, I expect they just are excited to actually play the game and are spending a few hours on that first.
-Lots of open space means that if you want to meet your friends you can go somewhere without a lot of people.
-Go to a different lobby?
-Should change soon, there's a group working on it and they had one out within a day of Closed Beta release.
-You can skip the whole tutorial level on any character after your first, and the tutorial instructions even the first time.
-No, really?
-Not many games have this for some reason. Generally the consensus I've seen among users is that they'd rather use a dedicated chatting program like Ventrillo or Teamspeak than an in-game option.
-Can't help you there, but it's probably an option somewhere...

Anyways, you are free to have your own opinion but I'm actually very happy with the way PSO2 turned out (Apart from the rifles).

personally I disagree and will continue to play the original PSO....

Can't believe I wasted my morning playing this terrible open beta

(How many female characters did i see wearing greay or dark silver...I lost count after WTF...)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 21, 2012, 05:44 AM
You are aware that even in the Closed Beta for flesh character only had pre set color to pick from.

So it wasn't unlikely to see the same outfit color....

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:47 AM
You are aware that even in the Closed Beta for flesh character only had pre set color to pick from.

So it wasn't unlikely to see the same outfit color....

Ya I was aware........doesn't change the fact I prefer PSO over PSO2

Crimson Exile
Jun 21, 2012, 05:49 AM
Ya I was aware........doesn't change the fact I prefer PSO over PSO2
Good luck with that

Scyris
Jun 21, 2012, 05:50 AM
I dunno, I think the female body is sexy, I am a guy irl, I dunno, if I had a choice and i had to stare at a chars ass all day due to the camera angle, TBH i'd rather stare at a hot chicks ass over a guys ass anyday. I think the bad ones are the guys who play female chars and fake they are female so they get free stuff.. Me? its really easy to tell I am a guy irl I don't try to hide it at all.. why? I don't care, its a game not a dating website.

Also you need to consider how many years pso has been out. Pso2 just technacally came out, Though I do find the lack of weapon types disturbing. My ranger gets a choice of: A weak as hell assault rifle, or a rocket launcher of instant death. I can swing the gunblade for more per hit damage than what my assault rifles 3 shot bursts do.

Now if I had to say my pros and cons.

Pros: PSO's sequel
Game runs really well I got it maxxed at 1920x1080 with the internal res set to 1.5x, and I get a solid 60 fps.
don't know what else to put here I h aven't played long.

Cons: Lack of variety in weaponry
UI is still clunky as hell compared to most mmo ui's too much of a console feel to it even though pso2 is made only for pc atm.
No eng patch yet, though I am learning the menus easly enough.
Blacklist and add to friends list should not be side by side.
Major con, almost a deal breaker for me: To trade with other players after the open beta you have to buy the arc cash 30 day things to trade and use the my room, and open a shop. IMO trading char to char should be free, while the my room stuff be premium, I really REALLY dislike it when devs nickle and dime you for game features that are supposed to be a part of the base game
Other cons I can see is lack of variety, I can see pso2 getting fairly boring fairly quickly even compared to the first pso.

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:53 AM
I dunno, I think the female body is sexy, I am a guy irl, I dunno, if I had a choice and i had to stare at a chars ass all day due to the camera angle, TBH i'd rather stare at a hot chicks ass over a guys ass anyday. I think the bad ones are the guys who play female chars and fake they are female so they get free stuff.. Me? its really easy to tell I am a guy irl I don't try to hide it at all.. why? I don't care, its a game not a dating website.

Everyone has a playing preference.....mine is mirrored just like in the real world...
(you join the service you fight beside another man usually) - ya times change and bla blah blah..but as of right now no their not...lol

I hope this never gets released in the US, cause it will die real quick when the servers get pulled...

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 05:54 AM
I hope this never gets released in the US, cause it will die real quick when the servers get pulled...

... Yes, MMOs do have a tendency to die if their servers are shut down.

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:56 AM
... Yes, MMOs do have a tendency to die if their servers are shut down.

lol not PSO thank god with their offline mode and online private servers....

PSO2 will probably end up like .hack//frägment:

- It was released only in Japan on November 23, 2005 and online service ended on January 18, 2007

MasterSpark
Jun 21, 2012, 05:58 AM
Okay OP i think we get it you don't like PSO2 and perfer PSO stop being mr buzzkillington here

Thing is that he's trying so hard that it becomes amusing. I don't mind. ^^

Crimson Exile
Request to close thread!

JRDeBo
I play as a techer and female Newmans are the best techers, some people just go for the stats.

Silver_Wyrm
lol not PSO thank god with their offline mode and online private servers....

PSO2 will probably end up like .hack//frägment:

- It was released only in Japan on November 23, 2005 and online service ended on January 18, 2007

I seriously doubt this, for multiple reasons. Really though, you have been negative form the start and obviously have no interest in conversation other than telling everyone the game sucks and is doomed because you think so.

Please, if that is all your going to do, just go back to pso and whatever forums you browse there instead of trying to buzzkill.

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 05:59 AM
Request to close thread!

Denied...

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 06:00 AM
I seriously doubt this, for multiple reasons. Really though, you have been negative form the start and obviously have no interest in conversation other than telling everyone the game sucks and is doomed because you think so.

Please, if that is all your going to do, just go back to pso and whatever forums you browse there instead of trying to buzzkill.

Actually if you noticed (which you would not) I was all for PSO2 up until the last second trying to log in.....

And after playing it for about an hour I was really let down...

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 21, 2012, 06:00 AM
Nah methinks he just has aspergers

so I alreayd sent a pm but...what is your sig from? its cracking me up

Ryuujin13
Jun 21, 2012, 06:02 AM
Im thinking you were expecting too much from the beta. From my own exp with beta tests this is actually one of the better ones that I have played. Yes it is still in jp but if you wait a few days the English patch will come out.

Crimson Exile
Jun 21, 2012, 06:02 AM
I wish i knew myself,this is an edited gif though i don't know where the original is.its supposed to be mike ross and starslay3r

yeah the mike ross from the fighting game community
mike "the boss" ross?

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 06:09 AM
Im thinking you were expecting too much from the beta. From my own exp with beta tests this is actually one of the better ones that I have played. Yes it is still in jp but if you wait a few days the English patch will come out.

Ya pretty much.....PSO was just to good and I was expecting something that would come some what close without falling apart when i would first play you know....no luck their sadly

*Kadaj*
Jun 21, 2012, 06:15 AM
is it me or you cannot create more than one char ? I tried to create a char on a different ship

spade88
Jun 21, 2012, 06:16 AM
is it me or you cannot create more than one char ? I tried to create a char on a different ship

I have to buy extra slots for more characters or so i have been lead to believe

Pro
- free to play

con
- certain features in order to be unlocked must be payed for first

Sebastian & PSO
Jun 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
That is the most ridiculous fucken thing to ever say that 'Males playing female characters when their males offline' So what a girl cant choose a male character and a male cant choose a female character?

I for one am a MALE and i NEVER (and i mean NEVER) choose to be a male character in a game, I love the idea of a female hero and I'm so sure theres many others who feel the same way. Its not like we're creating facebook accounts and labeling our gender as the opposite sex to confuse everyone, this is a fantasy game that ISNT REAL you dumb dweeb.

EXPFULL
Jun 21, 2012, 09:34 AM
- Character Customization (not enough features, and colors are limited, short supply on scars and tattoos)

I think it makes sense for SEGA not to blow everything on the first character creator - a screen most players (excluding us fanatics) won't spend so much time on.

If I was in the driving seat at SEGA, I'd hold the good stuff back an drip-feed it over the life of the game.

This isn't Smackdown vs Raw :D