PDA

View Full Version : How do I reset my Sega ID password?

Alucadra
Jun 21, 2012, 05:29 AM
I think I might have the wrong password or account name or something my friend and I are both trying to get into Ship 2 he tries one time and gets in while I keep getting errors 601-3 and 242.... Any idea whats up? They say its a connection issue but that just doesnt make sense.

iwerkout
Jun 21, 2012, 05:40 AM
I am currently trying to reset mine as well, since I to are getting the same errors.
Unfortunately, I'm having issues connecting to the webpages when I submit my "Forgotten Password" form.
Here is the link: https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMPassResetStart.php?product_name=sega

I am very confused on all this because I know my password is correct, along with my sega ID, yet I'm still having these issues.

Sometimes when I fill out the form, it says I entered in the wrong information, which isn't true because I know it's correct. I have no idea why this is happening and the only thing I can think of is the Japanese websites have issues with english characters.

Alucadra
Jun 21, 2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah same this is painful I might just create a brand new Sega ID just to skip past this nonsense. Happen to know where the signup forms are at now? seems they have changed since CBT.

VANNO
Jun 21, 2012, 08:54 AM
SEGA ID: put in sega id

Second section, select one of the 3 options and then fill out the correct infomation.
Name
Date of Birth
Secret question

Last section
Email

@DeadlyWinter
I think someone mentioned it before a while ago, but you can always google the characters up and paste it in.

Edge4o7
Jun 21, 2012, 08:58 AM
You might already know, but make sure you're typing your Sega ID in all lowercase when you attempt to log in.

iwerkout
Jun 21, 2012, 09:37 AM
You might already know, but make sure you're typing your Sega ID in all lowercase when you attempt to log in.

Sir, you are the greatest.
This was my problem lol...

Kraedi
Jun 21, 2012, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know if there were any odd requirements in password creation? I should have saved my password somewhere, but I did not, foolishly. Did you have to have at least one upper case? Could it have numbers, punctuation? Was there a large minimum amount of characters? My normal passwords are not working, so any of these things could lead to me using an abnormal password that I would not have remembered since closed beta....

EDIT: I figured out the password reset thing. I advise going with the date of birth rather than the name. Doing this the organization is yyyy/mm/dd, the months being 01 through 12.